In November 2017 Microsoft announced shutting down its free upgrade offer, but if you didn’t get your free copy of windows 10 here this post helpful for you. Yes with a tiny bit of work, you can upgrade older versions of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Home or Pro to a fully-functioning version of Windows 10. The only thing you need to make sure your current version of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 must be legal and activated with Microsoft. Well If you’re still running older Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 Upgrade to windows 10 for free following steps below.
Windows 10 free upgrade
First make a note of your windows 7, 8, or 8.1 product key, If you don’t have then you can pull your windows product key using NirSoft’s ProduKey write it down and keep it safe because you might need it later.
The second thing we recommend back up your important files just in case anything goes wrong.
Check Windows 10 system requirement
1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
|1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit|
Hard drive space:
|16 GB for 32-bit OS 32 GB for 64-bit OS|
|DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver|
Internet connectivity is necessary to perform updates and to download and take advantage of some features
Upgrade Windows 10 using media creation tool
Now follow steps below to get Windows 10 for free, if you’re currently running a genuine copy of Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Home or Pro:
- Go to the Download Windows 10 website.
- Under Create Windows 10 installation media, click the Download tool now
- This will download the media creation tool, right-click on it select Run as administrator,
- Windows 10 setup window opens with Getting a few things ready
- The terms and conditions screen will open, you must Accept to continue.
Next select option Upgrade this PC now
- This will start downloading Windows 10 files from the Microsoft server. (This will depend on your Internet connection speed and hardware infrastructure)
- This will prompt, creating windows 10 media following by getting updates, checking your PC, we are getting a few things ready
- Again accept the license terms
- The setup will ask you to keep your files or start fresh, Select your preferred option and click install.
Remember: starting fresh or keeping your files still means that all apps and settings will be deleted for the Windows 10 upgrade.
- Windows 10 will begin to be installed. This process can take quite a while, and the computer will restart numerous times.
- Once the upgrade is complete, you should receive a digital license for Windows 10, which can be found under Settings > Update & Security > Activation.
Pro Tip: If you get error while upgrade windows 10
- Perform Windows 10 Clean Boot
- Disable or uninstall Antivirus software
- Disconnect from VPN (If configured on your device)
- Make sure you have stable working internet connecton to download windows update files from microsoft server.
Alternatively, you can create installation media and use it to upgrade windows 10 free. And later use the windows 7, 8 or 8.1 product key to activate windows 10.
Also, you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO direct from Microsoft server, perform a clean install and activate your license using windows 7, 8, or 8.1 product key.
- What is the Difference Between 32-Bit and 64-Bit Windows 10 and Processor (CPU)
- Fix different Avast free Antivirus problems in Windows 10
- How To Fix Google Chrome High CPU usage Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Difference Between Windows 10 Feature Update and Cumulative Updates
- Windows 10 May 2020 update version 2004 new features and improvements