Recently Microsoft has released new Windows 10 Preview Build 20170.1000 to Windows Insiders in dev channel (formally known as Fast ring). The new build is the follow up to build 20161 that brings visual and functional changes including improvements to the settings app, Windows search, Sound settings with some bug fixes, and more.
Windows Insider in the Dev channel (formally know as fast ring), updates to the Insider Preview Build 20170 by going into Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and then checking for new updates.
Note: The latest windows 10 build 20170 won’t be offered to Insiders running PCs with AMD processors due to a bug affecting overall usability.
If you are looking for Windows 10 version 2004 ISO get it from here.
Post Contents :-
Windows 10 Build 20170
The latest Windows 10 test build 20170 bring Control Panel sound settings to the Settings app, The search interface in the taskbar ships with a new interface layout, Settings app introduces a new icon and more, Here’s a look at what you can expect.
New Sound Settings experience
As a part of forwarding Control Panel capabilities to setting app, Todays build 20170 bring more sound capabilities on the control panel to Settings > System > Sound > Manage sound devices. Here you can now see the device set as default, or you can select the device you want as the new default device.
The volume mixer has also been updated to include a link to the per app audio settings which you can use to redirect audio endpoints per app.
Improving search from the taskbar
Windows 10 search bar has also received some improvements with the new build 20170. After upgrade to the latest preview build Click on Search in the taskbar or press the Windows key + S you will notice updated design for Search Home with a new two-column layout.
In addition, the Windows search bar now supports web search for Dutch-speaking customers in the Netherlands.
Microsoft Launcher v6 is now rolling out
With this build, Microsoft announced the public release of Microsoft Launcher v6 (download here!) support phone with Android version 7.0 or higher.
The Microsoft Launcher v6 new features include:
- Personalized news: The personalized news feed updates throughout the day with top trending stories, making it easy to stay on top of whatever’s relevant to you.
- Landscape mode: Microsoft Launcher supports vertical and horizontal orientations to enhance your viewing preference.
- Customizable icons: Give your phone a consistent look and feel with custom icon packs and adaptive icons.
- Beautiful wallpapers: Enjoy a fresh new wallpaper from Bing every day or choose your own photos.
- Dark theme: Reduce eye strain when using your phone at night or in low light environments. This feature is compatible with Android’s default dark mode settings.
- Improved performance: Microsoft Launcher now loads faster, uses less memory, is more battery efficient, and offers fluent animations.
Also, there is a new icon for Settings that looks great on the Start menu with the theme-aware tiles introduced in Build 20161!
Now the notebook does not stay open when we restart the computer to install updates.
And the Support for Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.3 enabled by default.
The latest Windows 10 Build 20170 fixes the following problems.
- Certain apps flickering when resizing side by side in tablet mode.
- Using an IME where holding down the mouse left click key would eventually lead to input hanging.
- Master volume slider in Sound Settings not working after removing and re-pairing certain Bluetooth devices.
- A bug causing update notifications not appearing or appearing multiple times in quick succession.
- Typing not working on certain keyboards, modifier keys like Shift and CTRL sometimes being dropped over a remote desktop connection.
- Windows 10 logoff take a long time, Start wouldn’t launch and screens became dimmer after upgrading
There are some known issues with Windows 10 Build 20170 listed below
- Microsoft Store games protected with Easy Anti-Cheat may fail to launch
- Some insiders may experience, system crash with HYPERVISOR_ERROR bug check
- update process hang or stuck while Installing latest preview builds
- Taskbar may not show the correct CPU usage under the performance tab.
- Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool To Fix Memory Problems
- Google Chrome Slow, Not perform well on Windows 10? Try these solutions
- Introduction of Password Manager App and its benefits
- Complete Laptop Buying Guide – Specifications of a Good Laptop
- How to fix cannot start print spooler 1068 windows 10