Recently Microsoft has released new Windows 10 Preview Build 19564.1000 to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. The new build comes from the Windows 10 20H2 development branch that does not include a lot of major new features, but there is a key new improvement, along with the usual bug fixes as well.
Windows Insider in the Fast ring, can update to the Insider Preview Build 19564 by going into Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and then checking for new updates.
In addition, when you install Build 19564.1000, you’ll be offered Build 19564.1005 (KB4541095) as a Cumulative Update via Windows Update. This is designed to help Microsoft test its servicing pipeline.
Windows 10 Build 19564
According to the company, Windows 10 build 19654 includes some graphics settings improvements, which gives you better control over which GPU apps will run on.
The company explains We’ve updated the Graphics settings page (Settings > System > Display > Graphics settings), allowing for better control over designating which GPU your apps run on. With this update, the app list and GPU preference are pre-populated on a best effort basis to improve the default preference management experience. If your desired app isn’t pre-populated, you can still add it by using the app selection drop-down. Also, there is a search box and a filter for the list of apps.
The software giant has been working on an improved version of the Calendar app for Windows 10. You can try the preview by going to the Calendar app and selecting the toggle to try the new experience that includes.
- New themes: choose from over 30 different themes!
- Improved month view: Month view now includes an agenda pane that lets you see your day’s events at a glance.
- Simplified event creation: We’ve made it even easier to add an event to your calendar.
- Redesigned account navigation: We’ve collapsed the account navigation pane, leaving more space for your day’s events. All of your syncing calendar accounts are now represented as clickable icons on the left
Bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed an issue resulting in East Asian IMEs potentially being missing from the language /keyboard switcher. The company says if you were already impacted from a previous build, you’ll need to remove and re-add any keyboards that are missing from the keyboard switcher by going to Settings > Time & Language > Language > Preferred languages, in order to get yourself back into a good
- Updated the Japanese IME so that when using the new Microsoft Edge in inPrivate mode, this will also enable private mode in the IME.
- Fixed an issue from the previous flight where if you brought up clipboard history (WIN+V) and dismissed it without pasting anything, input in many places would stop working until you rebooted your PC.
- fixed an issue that could result in the login screen password field unexpectedly not rendering.
- fixed an issue that could result in the Wheel UI (that you’d see when using a Surface Dial) crashing when no custom commands had been configured.
- WSL Issue 4860: We’ve fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders experiencing this error message when using WSL2: A connection attempt failed on Windows.
- Resolved one issue preventing some Insiders from updating to newer builds with error 0xc1900101
- Fixed an issue resulting in certain devices no longer sleeping on idle in recent builds.
- fixed an issue resulting in a small set of Insiders seeing their system time unexpectedly jump forward.
- Fixed CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED green screen error,
- Fixed EoaExperiences.exe crash when using the text input cursor indicator.
- Fixed an issue File Explorer wasn’t calculating the correct folder size in Properties when the UNC path was longer than MAX_PATH.
- Fixed an issue where the banner at the top of Settings might say an update was in progress, even though Windows Update Settings would say you’re up to date.
- Fixed an issue resulting in Settings crashing when selecting sync across devices > Get Started under Clipboard.
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview build and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software.
- Narrator and NVDA users may experience some difficulty when navigating and reading certain web content on the latest Chromium edge
- You may experience update process hanging for extended periods of time when attempting to install a new build.
- You might unable to update to newer builds with error 0x8007042b.
- The Documents section under Privacy has a broken icon
- The cloud recovery option for Reset this PC isn’t working on this build.
- When you upgrade with certain languages, like Japanese, the “Installing Windows X%” page isn’t rendering the text correctly
- Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool To Fix Memory Problems
- Google Chrome Slow, Not perform well on Windows 10? Try these solutions
- Introduction of Password Manager App and its benefits
- Complete Laptop Buying Guide – Specifications of a Good Laptop
- How to fix cannot start print spooler 1068 windows 10