Microsoft Released update KB4284819 for devices Running Windows 10 fall creators update Version 1709. Installing and applying the KB4284819 update change the build number to windows 10 build 16299.492. The latest Windows 10 Build 16299.492 does not come with any new features or UI changes. But installing and applying the patch update improves the overall performance of the system and address various bugs reported by users.
According to Microsoft Windows 10 KB4284819 update Addresses a few problems Microsoft Edge and BitLocker. Also, the update delivers additional performance improvements, mitigates the Speculative Store Bypass processor vulnerability, and patches other security holes.
Post Contents :-
Get Windows 10 KB4284819 update
For the Users running Windows 10 V1709 The KB4284819 update should download and install automatically from Windows Update, but you can manually check for updates from Settings -> Updates & Security -> windows update -> check for updates.
To you check whether the update installed or not, just press Win key + R and then type winver.
Whats new on Windows 10 KB4284819 Update?
With Windows 10 KB4284819 update Microsoft focused more on quality improvement rather than new features. And improving the System performance by fixing general bug such as fix an issue in Microsoft Edge that causes incorrect responses to XML requests. Also addressed issues with Internet Explorer that prevents it from using an updated version of location services.
Microsoft is also fixing the issues with devices that go into BitLocker recovery but Secure Boot is disabled or not present, resulting in firmware installation issues.
Microsoft edge and Internet Explorer now supports SameSite cookies standard which will assure more protection against one click attack.
The company is also pushing security updates to Windows storage and filesystems, Windows app platform and frameworks, Windows virtualization and kernel, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows apps, Windows shell, Windows wireless networking, and Windows Server.
What’s new with Windows 10 build 16299.492
Here the Entire Changelog Details of KB4284819 update for Windows 10 Build 16299. Microsoft has Announced this update as KB4284819 in the Windows support site, and it’s referred as “June 12, 2018—KB4284819 (OS Build 16299.492)”. If you’re already running the Windows 10 version 1709 on your PC, this update will address these problems:
- Includes additional performance improvements.
- Provides protections from an additional subclass of speculative execution side channel vulnerability known as Speculative Store Bypass (CVE-2018-3639).
- Addresses an issue in Microsoft Edge that causes incorrect responses to XML requests.
- Adds support for the SameSite cookie web standard to Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer.
- Addresses an issue with Internet Explorer that prevents it from using an updated version of location services.
- Addresses an issue where firmware updates cause devices to go into BitLocker recovery mode when BitLocker is enabled, but Secure Boot is disabled or not present.
- Security updates to Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft scripting engine, Windows Desktop Bridge, Windows apps, Windows shell, Windows storage and file systems, Windows app platform and frameworks, Windows virtualization and kernel, Windows wireless networking, and Windows Server.
You Can read windows 10 KB4284819 update entire changelog details from Microsoft Support site. Also, Read the What fixed on the Previous KB4103714 update for Windows 10 fall creators update version 1709. Also Read Microsoft today released Cumulative Update KB4284835 for Windows 10 version 1803 Build 17134.112