After over a year of testing finally Today 27 May 2020 Microsoft made the latest Windows 10 version 2004, May 2020 update available to everyone. Unlike November 2019 Update, the latest feature update version 2004 is a huge release includes the Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2), with a custom-built Linux kernel, Cloud Reset, Cortana improvements, quick searches to the search home interface and more. Well the May 2020 Update won’t show up on all PCs at the same time, though, as this is a gradual rollout. The automatic rollout takes place in stages, with Microsoft collecting data and resolving compatibility issues during the process, some PCs may have to wait longer than others to be able to install the Windows 10 version 2004.
That means the update will only show up on devices that are part of the first waves but you can manually check for updates, use Media Creation Tool to download and install Windows 10 May 2020 Update now.
How To Install Windows 10 version 2004 Now!
Microsoft says that anyone can download and install the update if they have a compatible computer. Here the system requirement for Windows 10 May 2020 update.
- RAM: 2GB of RAM for 64-bit and 1GB of RAM for 32-bit computers.
- Storage: 20GB of free space on 64-bit and 16GB of free space on 32-bit systems.
- Screen resolution: 800×600
- Graphics: Microsoft DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0
- Intel CPU: All processors up 10th-gen, Intel Xeon E-22xx, Atom, Celeron, and Pentium.
- AMD CPU: All processors up to seventh-gen.
- Qualcomm CPU: Snapdragon 850 and 8cx.
Check for Windows updates from Settings
Windows Update is the easiest and safest way to download and install features updates, lets check if Windows 10 May 2019 Update is available or not on your device.
- Click on Start menu and tap on the Settings icon.
- Navigate to the Update & Security page.
- Click ‘Windows Update’ and tap on the check for updates button.
- Windows check for updates and download it in the background.
- If you see option feature update to Windows 10 version 2004, this is the may 2020 update,
- Click on Download and install now
- After the PC finishes the download process, simply click Restart now to install the update.
- After completing the process this will advance your Windows build number to 19041 press windows + R, type winver and ok.
Get May 2020 update Using Windows 10 Media Creation Tool
Microsoft released the Media Creation Tool to help you download and install Windows 10 updates manually. You can also use it to clean install feature updates.
- Download the Media Creation Tool from the Microsoft support website.
- Double-click the file to start the process.
- Follow on-screen instructions.
- Select Upgrade this PC now option.
- And follow on screen instructions
Get May 2019 update Using Windows 10 Update Assistant
If you do not want to wait for the update to become available, you can use the Windows 10 Update Assistant to get it now!
Once downloaded, you can run it to begin the installation of the May 2020 version 2004 update. Update Assistant tool will restart your computer a few times, so you should save any work before starting the installation process.
Windows 10 May 2019 Update ISO Direct Download Link
Here Bellow I have shared Two Links ( For Windows 64bit and 32 bit ) To Download Windows 10 October 2018 Update ISO Directly From Microsoft Server.
Windows 10 May 2020 Update Features
With the latest, Windows 10 version 2004, aka may 2020 update Microsoft included a number of new features that include
Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2), with a custom-built Linux kernel which will execute command-line instructions faster.
Cortana virtual assistant can now be undocked from the Windows 10 taskbar, and it includes the ability to create calendar events, send emails and bring up email messages from specific people and more.
The latest feature update introduces a cloud recovery option for Windows 10 that makes the process of recovering your desktop or laptop from a corrupted installation of the operating system much easier.
Microsoft has added quick searches to the search home interface that includes quick access to weather, news, today in history, and new movies.
Task Manager app now specifies the types of storage on your PC and will display the temperature of dedicated graphics cards.
With Windows 10 2020 update now its possible to customize the names of virtual desktops, rather than using default names like “Desktop 1” and “Desktop 2.”
Microsoft is adding more kaomoji to Windows 10’s emoji panel, which can be accessed with Win+(Period) keyboard shortcut and more. you can read the complete list of Windows 10 May 2020 update features here.
- Solved: Print Spooler keeps stopping Not Running on Windows 10
- How to extend the 10 day limit to go back to your previous version of Windows
- How to Rollback or uninstall windows 10 1903, May 2019 update
- Windows 10 running slow after update 1903? Here how to fix!
- “Start Menu Search Not Working” After upgrade windows 10 Version 1903 !!!