Today (12/10/2021) is the second Tuesday of this month and part of the Microsoft patch Tuesday, October 2021 the company has released a bunch of cumulative updates to resolve vulnerabilities in its operating systems and other products, like the Microsoft Office productivity suite, while also addressing a series of other bugs related to performance and usability.
The 12 October 2021 (Patch Tuesday) cumulative updates are the following:
- KB5006670 (OS Builds 19041.1288, 19042.1288, and 19043.1288) for latest windows 10 21H2, version 21H1 and version 2004.
- Windows 10 November 2019 Update (version 1909): KB5006667 (OS Build 18363.1854)
- Windows 10 October 2019 Update (version 1809): KB5006672 (OS Build 17763.2237)
All these updates only include minor patches and security fixes, rather than any new features.
Note: Windows 11 was released with a number of new features and improvements as a free upgrade for eligible Windows 10 devices. Here is how to upgrade windows 11 for free.
Windows 10 KB5006670
Windows 10, versions 21H1, 20H2, and 2004 share a common core operating system and an identical set of system files. As a result, the release notes for Windows 10, versions 21H1, 20H2, and 2004 will share an update history page.
Windows 10 KB5006670 is available for versions 21H1, 20H2, and 2004 that bumps OS Builds 19041.1237, 19042.1237, and 19043.1237. Hence it’s a mandatory update, windows 10 KB5006670 downloads and installs automatically on devices running the latest Windows 10 version 21H1, 20H2 and 2004. You need to restart your PC to apply the changes, after that you can run winver command to check the OS build number.
It’s an important update that Addresses an issue that prevents some applications, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader, from opening or causes them to stop responding.
Microsoft explain, This occurs on devices that are subject to Microsoft Exploit Protection for Export Address Filtering (EAF). And after apply this update the issue will be reolved.
- Addresses an issue with parsing time formats in event logs.
- Resolve a bug that causes the DnsCache service to increase the CPU usage to 100% utilization. As a result, the device stops responding.
- Addresses an issue with PropertyGet in JScript9.dll.
- Fix a bug with the Microsoft Outlook Add-in that prevents you from providing input after you select Reply.
- Resolve an issue that fails to keep the NumLock state after a Fast Startup restart.
- Addresses an issue that causes a memory leak in lsass.exe when the pTokenPrivileges buffer is not released.
- Addresses an issue with a non-paged pool (NPP) leak from the UxSF pool tag. This leak occurs when lsass.exe stops processing asynchronous Security Support Provider Interface (SSPI) calls.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the xhunter1.sys driver from loading. As a result, some games cannot run when you enable Hypervisor-Protected Code Integrity (HVCI).
- Addresses an issue that causes Windows to stop working if you deploy a Code Integrity policy without user mode rules.
- Some devices, created using custom offline media or ISO images, may have Edge Legacy removed but not replaced by the new Edge. Microsoft has a workaround for this.
- After installing the June 21, 2021 (KB5003690) update, some devices cannot install new updates, such as the July 6, 2021 (KB5004945) or later updates. You will receive the error message, “PSFX_E_MATCHING_BINARY_MISSING”.
Windows 10 KB5006670 offline download links
Windows 10 KB5006670 Direct Download Links: 64-bit and 32-bit (x86).
KB5006667 for Windows 10 version 1909
If you are already running Windows 10 version 1909, Latest KB5006667 Automatically downloads and installs on your device via Windows update. And installing KB5006667 bumps the build number 18363.1854 you can use winver command to check the build number.
Well talking about Windows 10 KB5006667 changelog this is a minor update, Addresses an issue that prevents some applications, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader, from opening or causes them to stop responding.
Windows 10 KB5006667 offline download
You can download the updates to install them manually with the links below:
KB5006672 for Windows 10 version 1809
If you are still running an older version of Windows 10 version 1809 cumulative update KB5006672 is available for your device that increases the OS build number to 17763.2237.
Addresses an issue that prevents an internet print server from properly packaging modified printer properties before sending the package to the client.
- Addresses an issue that prevents some applications, such as Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader, from opening or causes them to stop responding.
- Devices with some Asian language packs installed may receive the error, “0x800f0982 – PSFX_E_MATCHING_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND.”
- After installing KB5001342 or later, the Cluster Service might fail to start because a Cluster Network Driver is not found.
KB5006672 Offline Download links
Microsoft Security update download
All these Windows 10 October 2021 Patch Tuesday updates are Automatically downloaded and install via windows update. Or you force Windows update from settings, update & security check for updates to install October 2021 patch updates immediately.
If you are Looking for Windows 10 May 2021 Update ISO image click here.
Or Check How to Upgrade to Windows 10 version 21H1 Using the media creation tool
If you face any difficulty while installing these updates, Check Windows 10 Update troubleshooting guide to fix the windows 10 Cumulative update KB5005033 stuck downloading, failed to install with different errors etc.
Note: New Windows Security Updates are available for Windows 7 and 8.1 as well, read the changelog here.
- Complete Review on Microsoft Windows 10 Operating system
- Solved: Microsoft edge not working after windows 10 update
- can’t connect securely to this page ie11 or edge windows 10
- Windows 10 Stuck Preparing Automatic Repair? Here how to fix
- Everything About IP (Internet Protocol) Address – Purpose to Benefits explained