Windows Store apps won’t open after windows 10 1809 upgrade Microsoft Windows Store not opening or closes immediately after opening? The main culprit behind this problem is the local caches that might be corrupted. If you are also struggling from problem with Windows store Here some effective solutions you may apply.
Post Contents :-
Why Windows store not responding?
Windows 10 store app caches some details about installed and available apps to speed up the process of browsing them and improving the responsiveness of the Store app. But sometimes due to a corrupt system file or bug on the latest update, this cache may get corrupted or damaged. That results, windows store unresponsive, Microsoft store won’t open or closes immediately after open.
Fix windows 10 store won’t open
Whenever you face windows 10 store related problem,
- Press Windows + R, type wsreset.exe, and press Enter.
- The WSReset tool resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
- A blank Command Prompt window will open, It would clear the caches of Windows store. After about ten seconds the window will close and the Store will open automatically.
Check Date & time are correct
This is the most common reasons behind windows store won’t open problem. Windows store connects through the internet to download install apps and games. If your PC time zone is different from your region then you will get errors while launching the app store, because its data compares the date and time and fails to load if the comparison is not equal. For that, you must update the time and date according to your region.
- Open settings using keyboard shortcut Windows + I
- Click Time & Language, then Date & time
- Here adjust the exact time zone depending on your region.
- Restart windows and open windows store, check problem resolved.
Disable the Proxy connection
Sometimes may Your proxy settings might be stopping your Windows store from opening. Try to disable the proxy connection and then launch the applications and check.
- Search for and open “Internet Options”.
- Under the “Connections” tab click on “LAN Settings.”
- Uncheck Use a proxy server for your LAN and click on “OK”.
Windows Store App troubleshooter
Run the windows store troubleshooter that automatically detects and fixes some of the basic issues that might be preventing your Store or apps from running – such as lower screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings, etc.
- Open Windows settings then Update & Security.
- Select troubleshoot on the left-hand side and select Option Windows store.
- Click Run the troubleshooter to allow Windows check and fix the problems prevent windows store opening properly.
Reset Microsoft Windows Store from settings
- Open windows settings, (Windows + I)
- Click Apps, then Apps & Features,
- Search for Microsoft store and select Advanced options.
- A new window opens, click reset to reinstall the app and rever to its default settings.
- You’ll receive a warning that you’ll lose data on this app. Click ‘Reset’ again, and you’re done, Restart windows And Check Windows store working properly.
Re-register Microsoft store
If none above solutions work for you, then create a new local cache folder and rename the old cache folder. that most probably fix the problem for you.
Open This PC on the desktop, look for View tab and check mark the Hidden items.
Now navigate to the following path.
Note: Replace username with your current login user account name.
Now In the LocalState folder, Look for the folder named cache if you find Cache folder, rename it Cache.old. Then create a new folder and name it Cache. If Cache folder doesn’t exist by default, simply create the empty new folder and name it Cache. Now close File Explorer and reboot windows, On next start open windows store and check problem resolved?
If not then, Right click on start menu select PowerShell (admin)
Then execute the following command.
$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + ‘\AppxManifest.xml’ ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $manifest
Restart windows and check Store app working properly.
Create a New user account
Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
- Select Add an Account.
- Enter a user name and hit Next.
- Click on Finish.
- Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
- Check if the issue persists.
Did these solutions help to fix windows 10 store won’t open, Microsoft store not opening or closes immediately after opening? Let us know on comments below, Also read: