Windows stuck at getting ready screen after windows update installation or Recent windows 10 May 2019 update? Here every possible solution to fix windows 10 getting ready loop or getting windows ready every reboot, getting windows ready don’t turn off your computer etc on windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
Windows 10 getting ready loop
This problem windows 10 stuck at getting ready Screen like windows getting ready don’t turn off your computer mostly occurs because of corrupted update file installation, Again an incomplete update, that Windows will try to finish its installation every time you restart your PC. Or windows system file corruption which causing updates not installed properly. And reset windows update components probably a good solution to fix Windows 10 getting ready loop.
Well if you have stuck on getting ready screen wait few more minutes and check if this completes.
Disconnect all external devices and check if this helps.
- If you are laptop users Unplug the battery from the battery compartment of your laptop
- Press and hold the power button on your computer for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power (and the battery) back and turn on your laptop.
Perform Startup Repair
If your PC get stuck windows getting ready don’t turn off your computer before appearing on the login screen which might restrict you from accessing your desktop completely in normal ways. Startup repair is a good solution to fix startup bugs which cause windows to start normally.
To perform Startup repair Fallow steps bellow
- Boot Windows from an installation media,
- Here skip the first window on Next screen Click on Repair your computer.
- This will restart windows Now click on troubleshooting followed by advanced option.
- This will Represent the Windows Advanced Boot Options.
- Here click on Startup Repair
When you click on startup repair this will restart the window and start to diagnose your system. During this diagnostic phase, Startup Repair will scan your system and analyze the various settings, configuration options, and system files as it looks for corrupt files or botched configuration settings. After finished, reboot PC and you will see Getting Windows Ready Windows 10 error has been solved.
Uninstall Recent Update in Safe Mode
- Open Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features.
- Click on View installed update > Uninstall the problematic update.
- Now Restart windows and check the problem fixed.
Delete Software Distribution Folder
Also clear the old update files from the software distribution folder, following steps below that probably a good solution to fix almost every window update problems.
- Again boot into safe mode,
- Navigate C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\download,
- Delete all data inside the download folder.
Restart windows normally, I am sure there are no more Windows getting ready loop.
Well, you can now open and click check for updates to download fresh windows update files from Microsoft server without any problem.
Stop system maintenance
Als, some Windows users report the problem windows getting ready don’t turn off your computer get solved after stop the system maintenance on the control panel. You can do this by the following below.
- Simply Start windows into safe mode or if you have access normal windows desktop then
- open control panel -> System and Security -> Security and Maintenance.
- Expand the maintenance and click stop maintenance as shown below image.
- Restart windows and check the windows getting ready loop fixed.
Repair Corrupt system files
Windows have an inbuilt SFC utility which helps to repair and replace corrupted system files. Run the system file checker utility that probably helps if corrupted, missing system files causing Windows update loop.
Perform System Restore
If all the above methods failed to fix windows 10 stuck at getting ready startup problem. Then its the right time to utilize the Windows system Restore Features. Which helps to revert back your system to the previous working state where windows working smoothly. Again you need to perform the system restore on windows safe mode as due to this problem you are unable to access the normal desktop. Check How To perform System Restore on Windows 10 Computer.
Did these solutions help to fix windows 10 getting ready loop? Let us know on comments below, also read:
- Windows 10 Version 1903 Failed to install? Here how to get it right way
- Solved: Windows 10 Mail App Not Working, Mail app is not syncing problem
- Windows 10 running slow after update 1903? Here how to fix!
- Top 5 Features of Windows 10 version 1903, May 2019 update
- Laptop freezes randomly after Install Windows 10 May 2019 update