Recently Microsoft has released cumulative update KB4557957 for Windows 10 version 2004 to give a security boost. But unfortunately, the update has a Nasty bug that makes printing impossible. Several user reports on Reddit and the Microsoft Answers forum show that the print bug affects various HP, Canon, Panasonic, Brother, and Ricoh printer models. Even some users are unable to use the Microsoft Print to PDF the bug that makes it impossible to print PDF files.
Microsoft acknowledged the print bug, working on fix which could be deployed soon.
After installing KB4557957, certain printers might fail to print. The print spooler might throw an error or close unexpectedly when attempting to print, and no output will come from the affected printer.
Post Contents :-
Windows 10 KB4557957 print bug
Well, if your device affected after install KB4557957, seeing problems with printers that were previously stable, the only solution you have to either replace the printer’s driver or uninstall KB4557957 update and wait for the next patch.
Reinstall printer driver
Changing the print driver seems to help, but that’s going to be a pain if I have to roll it out to too many clients.
Visit the printer manufacturer website and download the latest printer driver for your printer model. Next, remove the old printer driver following steps below.
- Press Windows key + I to open settings,
- Click devices then printer scanner,
- Here select the printer and click Remove device, then follow on-screen instructions to completely remove the printer driver.
- Also, open device manager using devmgmt.msc,
- Expend print queues, here look if the printer name listed there,
- If yes right click on printer name select uninstall the device and follow on screen instructions.
Once done restart your PC, and install the latest printer driver that downloaded from printer manufacture website. Again restart your PC and fire a print command check if the problem resolved.
Well If you have too many client devices, that effected with this bug or reinstall the printer didn’t fix the problem then you need to uninstall KB4557957 following steps below.
Uninstall cumulative update from settings
- Right click on windows 10 start menu select settings,
- Navigate Update & Security then Windows Update.
- Here click on view update history
- Next click on the ‘Uninstall update’ option.
- Now In the Control Panel, select the KB4557957 to highlight it.
- Click on ‘Uninstall’ after highlighting the update package.
- And Restart your system when asked.
Uninstall updates from the command prompt
Also you can remove windows update KB4557957 using Command Prompt as well.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type command wusa /uninstall /KB:4560960 /quiet /promptrestart and press enter key,
- Once done save everything and restart your device.
Now check if the printer problem resolved or not.
Block Update KB4557957
Windows 10 KB4557957 is part of the June 2020 patch Tuesday update, it’s an important update that downloads and installs automatically. And You’ll need to block the update from getting installed again following steps below.
- Download “Show or hide updates” troubleshooter app from Microsoft’s support document.
- Run the application as administrator.
- Click on ‘Next’ and allow troubleshooter to check for updates.
- Select the update and block it.
- Difference Between Windows 10 Feature Update and Cumulative Updates
- Solved: Print Spooler keeps stopping Not Running on Windows 10
- Solved: Windows cannot locate a suitable printer driver (HP,Epson, Brother, canon, Samsung etc)
- Printer not working after windows 10 update “Printer Driver Is Unavailable”
- Troubleshoot blue screen errors on Windows 10 (Updated)