While try to install the Windows 10 Update 1809, also known as ‘windows 10 October 2018 update’ The Update fails to install error 0x80080008, 0x80d02002, 0x80242006 or the update downloading procedure is stuck. It reverts to the previous version after a few flashes on the system, for some others, Windows update installs half or 75% of the update and then restarts abruptly. There are several reasons behind this problem, “Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 failed to install ” might be due to corrupt Windows Update components, or third-party software conflicts etc. Here every possible solution to fix windows 10 October 2018 update installation problems.
Post Contents :-
- 1 Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 Failed to install
- 2 Windows 10 October 2018 update Failed to install
Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 Failed to install
Cause 01: When the download of Windows 10 October 2018 update Version 1809 is completed, Windows asks to restart the system to install the update. After the system’s restart, the October 2018 update is not installed and at the Update history you receive the following error: “Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809: Failed to install…” (error: 0x80080008)
Cause 02: After checking for new updates, Windows is starting to download the October 2018 update for Windows 10 version 1809, but during the Downloading Updates operation, is stuck at xx% (e.g. at 85% or 99%) with error 0x80d02002.
Windows 10 October 2018 update Failed to install
If you are also suffering from this problem “feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 failed to install” Update stuck downloading, Here some solutions you may apply.
First, make sure you have a stable internet connection To download windows updates from Microsoft server.
Make sure you have enough disk space to download the updates ( minimum 20 GB Free Disk Space ) To download and install the Windows 10 October 2018 update. Or Run Disk Cleanup or Storage sense to free up C: ( system installed ) Drive.
Also, Run Third-party system optimizer like Ccleaner to Cleanup Disk space by removing temp, system error, memory dump files, And fix broken registry error.
Sometimes Antivirus/Malware/Adware programs mark Microsoft Windows installer files as Spam and block it from installing. Refer your vendor’s website for disabling it temporarily. Once windows update installation is done you can activate it again.
- Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl and ok to open programs & features window. Here uninstall security software (antivirus) if installed on your system.
Open the Service Manager (services.msc) and ensure that below services are Started and their Startup type is as follows:
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service: Manual
- Cryptographic Service: Automatic
- Windows Update Service: Manual (Triggered)
Updating Time, Region and Language Settings
Normally Windows syncs your time according to the time zones automatically. If you have an incorrect time zone, it is likely to cause problems such as failure to install windows update. Open windows settings Time & Language -> date & time.
Check if your date and time are set correctly. If not, uncheck the options which say “set time automatically” and “set timezone automatically”. Then Click “Change” underneath Change date and time. Set your time accordingly and also select your appropriate time zone. Also, disable “Auto-sync time”. Again form Region & language try using English United Kingdom/US.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Microsoft has developed Windows Update Troubleshooter which analyzes your system particularly the windows update module and troubleshoots problems. We recommend, first Run the update troubleshooter and let windows to check and fix the problem itself.
To Run windows update Troubleshooter
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Click Update & Security
- Click troubleshoot
- And from middle panel select Windows update
- Then click Run the Troubleshooter
The windows update troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates. After complete, the process Restart windows and again manually Check for Updates.
Reset Windows update components
If all the above methods failed to fix simply perform command below to reset the windows update components. To do this open administrative Command Prompt and type following commands one-by-one followed by entering key.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
Close Command Prompt and Restart your computer. After the restart, go to Start > Settings > Update & Security. Check for updates and install them.
Perform a clean boot
If these methods still don’t help, we recommend you to perform a clean boot to eliminate the influence of the 3rd party software and check again.
- Click Start and type msconfig in the search box.
- Press Enter.
- On the General tab, click Selective startup.
- Clear the Load startup items check box.
- Click the Services tab.
- Select the Hide all Microsoft services check box (at the bottom).
- Click Disable all.
- Click OK
Now restart windows and check for Windows 10 update, hope this time you get succeed, Windows 10 October 2018 update Version 1809 Download and install on your system successfully.
Install Windows 10 Version 1809 Update Manually
If all above methods failed to fix then simply download the “Windows Update Assistant” from Microsoft website. Run the upgrade assistant click the Update Now button and follow the on-screen prompts to install the Update.
- When you Click update now assistant will perform basic checks on your PC hardware and configuration.
- And start the download process after 10 seconds, assuming everything looks good.
- After verifying the download, the assistant will start preparing the update process automatically.
- The assistant will automatically restart your computer after a 30-minute countdown (the actual installation can take up to 90 minutes). Click the “Restart now” button at the bottom right to start it immediately or the “Restart later” link at the bottom left to delay it.
- After your computer restarts (a few times), Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
These are some most applicable solutions to fix Feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 failed to install, windows update installation stuck, update installation failed with error 0x80080008, 0x80d02002 etc. Still. need any help feel free to discuss in comments below, Also Read 5 Tweaks to fix windows 10 slow boot or startup problem.