Getting error something happened on our end on Microsoft store while try to download Apps or Games on windows 11 computer? Here is how to fix Microsoft store problems
The Microsoft store is the official marketplace to downlaod apps and Games on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC. But sometimes errors or glitches may prevent download or update apps and games on windows 11 computers. Few users include me experience
Something happened on our end Error on the Microsoft store while trying to download an app on windows 11 computer. So why Microsoft Store Not Downloading Apps? Usually, it’s because of a temporary glitch or corruption in Store system files. Again problems with internet connectivity, user account profiles, or security software also cause the Microsoft store not working or download apps on windows 11.
How to Fix the “Something Happened on Our End” Error in the Microsoft Store
Table of Contents
Add a header to begin generating the table of contents
Microsoft store not working Windows 11
Checking internet connection, Disable VPN and third-party antivirus, Reset store cache and run the windows store troubleshooter are some most common solutions you need apply to fix the Microsoft store not working problem in windows 11. If you are unable to download or update apps and games from the Microsoft store Because of this error “Something Happened on Our End” apply the solutions listed below to fix it
Most of times reboot your PC refresh the operating system and clear temprorary glitches that may present there and prevent microsoft store download or install apps on your computer
Reset the windows 11 store and restart the PC
Most of the time, to fix common problems with Mcirosoft store Press the Windows key + R, type wsreset.exe and click ok, And restart your Computer. This will reset the Microsoft store, refresh the OS and clear the temporary glitch that may present there, Now try to download or update the app on the Microsoft store.
Correct system date and time
In addition check and correct the system date and time, To do so, open windows settings, Navigate to Time & language tab and click on Date & time. Toggle on the switch next to Set time automatically.
Sign out and Sign Into the Microsoft Store Again
Sometimes singout and sign in again to the Microsoft Store to fix such errors on windows 11. Open the Microsoft store app, click on profile at the top of the window, and choose to Sign out from the context menu. Reboot your PC, again open Microsoft store and click on the profile icon Choose Sign in from the context menu. Enter the credentials and log in with your Microsoft account, and check if there is no more error while download apps from the Microsoft store.
Restart Microsoft Store Install Service
If due to any reason the Microsoft store install service not started or its stuck running that might prevent downloading or update Apps and games on windows 11. Let’s check and restart the Microsoft Store Install Service and try to download an app from the Microsoft store.
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click ok to open the windows service console,
- Scroll down and locate the windows store installer service, right-click on it select restart,
Also you can run command sc config WSService start= demand to start the Microsoft Store Install Service (if its not started)
- Note, if the service is not started then right-click on it and select start the service,
- Also, double-click on it to open its properties and change its startup type automatic, click apply and ok.
Note – In addition to Microsoft Store Install Service, look for the windows update service there and make sure it running. Right-click on select restart or if the service is not started then right-click on it select start.
Check Internet connectivity
The first thing you need check is the Internet connectivity Because you need a stable working internet connection to download or update the app from the Microsoft server.
You can check your internet download and upload speed here https://www.speedtest.net/
In addition press the Windows key + R, type ping google.com -t and click ok and check if continuously getting ping replay from google.com. If the ping replay breaks frequently you need to troubleshoot your internet connection.
If you are connected to VPN server we recommend disable it, and temporarily disable or uninstall third-party antivirus to check if it prevents downloading apps or games from the Microsoft server.
Install windows update
Microsoft regularly releases windows updates with security enhancements and bug fixes for previous problems. May with the latest windows 11 update Microsoft has added the fix for Microsoft not working problem. Let’s check and install Windows updates following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + X and select settings
- Go to windows update and click on check for updates button,
- If new windows updates are pending there allow them to download and install,
- Once done you need reboot your PC to apply the changes, now open the Microsoft store and try download games or apps.
Run windows store troubleshooter
To fix Microsoft store problems on windows 11 you can run the build-in windows store troubleshooter tool that automatically detects problems prevent downlaod apps or games on the Microsoft store and try to fix them if possible.
Running the windows Store Apps troubleshooter will allow Windows to diagnose and fix any issues with the Microsoft Store app.
To run windows store troubleshooter:
- Press Windows key + I to open the settings app,
- Go to the system, click on Troubleshoot then other troubleshooters,
- Here it will display all available troubleshooters, scroll down to locate windows store apps and click Run next to it.
- The Troubleshooter window will pop up and try to detect and fix potential issues.
Repair or reset the Microsoft store
Still, the problem is not resolved, getting Something happened on our end error while downlaod app or game on the Microsoft store. Let’s try to repair or reset the Microsoft store app following the steps below.
- Press the Windows key, type Microsoft store at the search bar and click on App settings.
- Or you can open the same from windows 11 settings -> Apps -> Microsoft store then advanced options.
- This will open the window with the option to repair or reset the Microsoft store app,
- First try the repair option, which won’t affect any data, if the problem is not resolved then try the Reset option that Delete everything with the Microsoft store app and make it fresh new.
- Once done restart your PC, open the Microsoft store app and try to download a game or app from there.
Did the above solutions help fix Something Happened on Our End” Error in the Microsoft Store? Let us know on the comments below.
- Microsoft Store Missing In Windows 11? Here is how to Get it back
- Microsoft Store won’t open error “You’ll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store”
- Microsoft store not opening or closes immediately after opening? Try these solutions
- Microsoft Store Stuck downloading Apps on Windows 11? Let’s fix it
- How to Uninstall Windows 11 2022 Update (22H2) Rollback Build