Microsoft started rolling out the Windows 10 October 2020 Update (version 20H2) for everyone. The latest feature update for Windows 10 and all compatible devices receive it for free. Previously windows 10 feature updates get download and install automatically but with the latest Windows 10 20H2, you need to click the download button when it available for you. Also, Microsoft has released the official Windows 10 update assistant 20H2 to make the upgrade process error free.
Here this post explains how to get the latest Windows 10 October 2020 update using the windows 10 version 20H2 update assistant tool.
Get the Windows 10 October 2020 Update
Note: Before you decide to install the latest Windows 10 October 2020 update, we recommend you take backup your important data first. Also, create a system restore point.
Also, check and make sure your system meets the minimum system requirements for install Windows 10 venison 20H2. Especially the Hard disk space now Microsoft recommends 32 GB of free space to install the latest Windows 10 2020 update.
Using Windows Update
The best option to get Windows 10 20H2, October 2020 update early installed on your system is its own windows update Tool, Force it to install the October 2020 update now.
- Press Windows + I to open settings,
- Click on Update & Security, then Windows update
- Now check for updates, you should notice feature update to Windows 10 version 2020 available for download.
- Click on the download button to get the required files from the Microsoft server.
- Wait until complete the download process, (It depend on your internet speed)
- After complete download and initialization, windows ask for restart
- Click on restart windows and let the system install and upgrade to the latest Windows 10 20H2.
Download Windows 10 Update Assistant
If due to any reason, the latest version not available for your system? Or Experiencing problems such as feature update to Windows 10 version 20H2 stuck downloading, failed with different errors. Let’s use the official Windows 10 update assistant to manually update to Windows 10 version 20H2 build 19042.
- First of all, visit the official Microsoft Windows 10 download page
- Click on the Update now button to download the Windows 10 update assistant tool (Windows10Upgrade.exe).
- Right click on it (Windows10Upgrade.exe)
- select run as administrator, then select update now.
- The assistant will perform basic checks on your system hardware compatibility,
- If your PC meets all the requirements for installing the Windows 10 October 2020 Update, you see a screen like below.
- If your device is compatible, click the Next button to begin the upgrade.
- This will start the download process.
- It depends on your internet speed how long it will be.
Note: As this is a big update, there are lots of data that need to get to your PC, so it takes a while until it everything is downloaded. If you use a laptop or a tablet, make sure that its power cord is plugged in.
Pro tip: While download process If you change your mind and no longer want to download the October 2020 Update, you can Cancel at any time. If you do that, the Windows 10 Update Assistant creates a shortcut on your desktop, which you can use to continue the process at a later time.
- After verifying the download, the assistant will start preparing the update process automatically.
- Once the update finishes downloading, follow the instructions to restart your PC and complete the installation process.
- The assistant will automatically restart your computer after a 30-minute countdown.
- You can click the “Restart now” button in the bottom right to start it immediately or the “Restart later” link in the bottom left to delay it.
- Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
- The installation of the Windows 10 20H2 Update continues your PC might reboot a couple of times All there is left for you to do is wait for it to end.
- The entire process of using these tools should take less than an hour, but it also depends on the internet speed and system configuration.
- That’s all, congratulations you have successfully installed the windows 10 October 2020 update on your system.
- You can check the same from Settings -> System -> About” and look for the Version field on the right.
That’s all, let us know if you face any difficulty while the windows 10 20H2 upgrade process.
- Top 5 Features of Windows 10 version 20H2, October 2020 update
- Enable Windows Sandbox feature on Windows 10, October 2020 update
- Find Out Which Windows 10 Version Build and Edition you have installed
- Laptop freezes randomly after Install Windows 10 October 2020update? Try these solutions
- Fix Windows 10 update keeps installing the same updates over and over
- Complete Review on Microsoft Windows 10 Operating system