Cumulative update KB4586786 download error – 0x80d06802
Several users in Microsoft community forum said that the KB4586786 fails to install. Some other users report reveals that “the update downloads, but won’t finish installing,” eventually failing with error 0x800706be.
“There were problems installing some updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 2020- 11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1909 for x64-based Systems (KB4586786) – Error 0x800700d8″
Error 0x80d06802 windows update KB4586786
Some other Users report windows 10 Cumulative update KB4586786 download and install successfully and on next reboot it shows Last update failed to install with Error code 0x800f0900 and 0x80070005
Windows 10 cumulative update installation issues
If Windows 10 update KB4586786 stuck during download at 0% or 99% or completely failed to install, it might be that something went wrong with the file itself. Clearing the folder where all of the update files are stored will force Windows Update to download fresh files. This is the best fix you must try to fix almost every Windows update related problem. Before cleat these files first of all.
- If you notice the Windows update stuck downloading we recommend first to check you have a stable internet connection to download update files from the Microsoft server.
- Again check system drive basically C: have free space to download and install these update files.
- Check Date & Time settings are correct on your system
- Also, we recommend disconnect VPN if configured on your system.
Disable Antivirus & start windows into clean boot State
Disable Any security software or antivirus protection (if installed), search for updates, install the available updates and then turn on your antivirus protection.
Clean booting your computer may also help. If any third party software causing confliction to download & install windows updates. Here’s how to do this:
- Go to the search box > type MSConfig.
- Select System Configuration > go to the Services tab.
- Select Hide all Microsoft services > Disable all.
Go to Startup tab > Open Task Manager > Disable all the unnecessary services running there. Restart your computer and check for updates,
Clear Buggy update files
If disable the Security application & perform a clean boot didn’t fix the problem still windows update failed to install or stuck downloading. Then let’s follow the steps below to clear the buggy updates files which may be causing the issue.
- First of all, we need to stop the windows update service,
- To do this open command prompt as administrator,
- execute command net stop net stop wuauserv to stop windows update service.
- Then type net stop bits to stop background intelligent transfer service.
Then Go to the following location.
- Delete everything in the folder, but do not delete the folder itself.
- To do so, press CTRL + A to select everything and then press Delete to remove the files.
- Again use net start wuauserv and net start bits to restart the services which you previously stopped.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
After clear Buggy update files simply run the windows update troubleshooter to check and fix if any other problem prevents windows update to download and install.
- Press Windows + I to open Windows 10 settings app
- Click on Update & troubleshooting then Troubleshoot
- Select Windows update on right-hand side then run the troubleshooter
Wait few minutes and let windows update troubleshooter Diagnose and fix the problems if there any. After that Restart windows and now check for updates from settings -> update & security -> windows update and check for updates. I am sure this time windows update install successfully without any error or update download stuck.
Run DISM and System file checker
If the system files get corrupted or missing from you may face different errors including Windows update fails or stuck downloading. Run DISM restore health command and SFC utility that prepare windows image and restore missing system files with the correct one.
- Open the command prompt as administrator,
- Type DISM restore health command : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- After complete the process fun command sfc /scannow
- Let system file checker utility to detect and restore missing system files.
- And restart windows after 100% complete the scanning process.
- And after that again check for the windows update, I hope there are no more errors.
Install Windows Update manually
If all the above solutions fail to fix the problem, still windows update stuck downloading or fails to install then let’s install windows updates manually. Visit the Windows 10 update history webpage where you can notice the logs of all the previous Windows updates that have been released.
Now use Windows Update Catalog Website to search for the update specified by the KB number you noted down. Download the update depending on if your machine is 32-bit = x86 or 64-bit=x64.
(As of Today – KB4586786 (OS Builds 18362.1198 and 18363.1198) is the latest cumulative update for Windows 10 version 1903/1909, KB4586781 (OS Build 19041.630) latest Windows 10 version 2004.
You can get the direct download link for these updates here. Open the downloaded file in order to install the update.
That’s all after installing the updates simply restart the computer to apply the changes. Also If you are getting Windows Update stuck while upgrade the windows 10 1909 process simply use the official media creation tool to upgrade windows 10 version 1909 without any error or problem.
Did the above solution help to resolve the windows update installation problem? Share your feedback on the comments below. Also, Read