If you are unable to install Windows 10 version 20H2, it stuck download or fails to install with different error 0xc1900223 or 0xc1900101 apply solutions listed below.
Window 10 feature update 20H2 failed to install
Most of the time Windows 10 Update stuck or fails to install due to corrupt Windows Update cache, Again your computer is having issues connecting to the Windows Update server, windows system file corruption, incompatibility of an application installed on your computer or third-party software conflicts also cause windows 10 20H2 update failed to install.
Windows 10 20H2 fails to install, apply the basic solutions first.
Check and Make Sure you have a stable Internet connection to download windows update files from the Microsoft server.
Temporarily uninstall third-party antivirus if installed on your device, again disconnect from VPN if configured on your device.
Remove external devices (if any) such as the printer, scanner, audio jack etc to prevent driver conflict problems.
Check System Drive (C:) have enough Free Disk Space to download the update files for install or upgrade purposes.
Again Make Sure All Installed Device Drivers Are Updated and compatible with the current windows version. Especially Display Driver, Network Adapter, and Audio Sound Driver. You Can Check and update Them From the Device Manager.
Check Windows 10 version 20H2 system requirements and perform a compatibility test
Open the Service Manager and ensure that they are Started and their Startup type is as follows:
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service: Manual
- Cryptographic Service: Automatic
- Windows Update Service: Manual (Triggered)
Also, few windows users report, delete folder $WINDOWS.~BT in the C: drive, help them fix the windows 10 20H2 update issue.
- Open the File Explorer and select the View tab on the top,
- Check the option for hidden files (To show hidden files and folders).
- Now Search for the folder $WINDOWS.~BT in the C: drive. Once you find it, delete it.
open the command prompt as administrator, type command ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter key to Flush DNS cache and try download windows 10 version 20H2 again.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has build in update troubleshooting tool to detect and fix the problems prevent windows update to download and install. Run the troubleshooter and let windows fix the problem for you.
- Open the Settings app using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Go to Update & Security the Troubleshoot.
- Click on the additional troubleshooter link (refer image below)
The troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates. After complete, the process Restart windows and again manually Check for Updates.
Reset Windows Update Components
As discussed before, corrupted windows update components cause Different windows Update installation / Upgrade problems. If the windows update troubleshooter failed to fix the issue, Still Windows 10 20H2 Update fails to install with Error 0xc1900223 or 0xc1900101, Then Reset the windows update components by performing the steps below.
- Open windows service console using services.msc
- scroll down and located Windows update service,
- Right-click windows update service and select stop
Now clear the update cache following steps below:
- Press “Windows + R,” enter the below path and press the Enter button.
- This folder has all the files related to Windows updates.
- Open the “Download” folder, select all the files and delete all the files.
- Again open the windows service console and start the Windows update service.
- Now open update & security then check for updates.
Correct Regional and Language settings
Also, incorrect regional settings cause Windows update Failure. Make sure your Regional and language settings are correct. You Can Check And Correct them by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + x keyboard shortcut and select the Settings app,
- Click Time & Language then Select Region & Language from options on left.
- Here Verify your Country/Region is correct from the drop-down list.
- And Ensure the appropriate Language Pack is installed.
- Click the “Location” tab and change the Home Location to “your country” and then click OK.
Run System File Checker
- Open command prompt as administrator
- Type command sfc /scannow and hit the enter key.
- This will scan for corrupted missing system files if found any the utility will restore them from a special folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- Wait until 100% complete the scanning process, and Restart windows
- Now open update & security then check for updates.
Note: If SFC Utility Scan Results found corrupted files but unable to fix then Run DISM Tool Which enables SFC Utility to Do its job.
Switch to Google DNS
- Press Windows key + R, type ncpa.cpl, and click ok,
- This will open network connections window,
- locate active network adapter, right-click on it and select properties,
- Next double click on Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to open its properties window,
- Select the radio button, use the following DNS server address (refer image below)
- Set preferred DNS server 126.96.36.199 and Alternate DNS 188.8.131.52
- checkmark on validate settings upon exit and click ok
Perform Clean boot
Also, Try to perform Clean Boot And Check for updates. If any third party service or startup application cause issue to install the updates then perform Clean boot And Try To check for updates. This is also the most applicable solution to fix Windows 10 Update 1809 fails to install.
Manually upgrade Using Windows 10 Update Assistant
Also, you can use the Windows 10 Update Assistant to get it now! Once downloaded, you can run it to begin the installation of the windows 10 20H2 update.
- When you Click Update now assistant will perform basic checks on your PC hardware and configuration.
- And start the download process after 10 seconds, assuming everything looks good.
- After verifying the download, the assistant will start preparing the update process automatically.
- The assistant will automatically restart your computer after a 30-minute countdown (the actual installation can take up to 90 minutes). Click the “Restart now” button at the bottom right to start it immediately or the “Restart later” link at the bottom left to delay it.
- After your computer restarts (a few times), Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
Also If you are getting Windows Update stuck while upgrade process simply use the official media creation tool to upgrade windows 10 version 20H2 without any error or problem, or You Can Download Windows 10 ISO File for manually upgrade or Perform Clean install windows 10 20H2 update.
- Windows 10 October 2020 update Version 20H2 Troubleshooting Guide !!!
- Solved: Windows update not working or stuck downloading on windows 10
- Windows 10 Freezes continuously and Auto Restart with BSOD
- Discord not working on Windows 10, 8 or 7? Here quick solution
- Solved: uTorrent not responding or opening on Windows 10