A DVD Ripper is a computer program (Software) allows copying the content of a DVD to a hard disk drive. Mainly DVD Ripper used to transfer video on DVDs to different formats, to edit or back up DVD content, and to convert DVD video for playback on media players and mobile devices. If You have a collection of old DVDs with Video that you want to store on your computer or mobile device, Here two best free DVD ripper 2019 that allows to Rip DVD even rip any protected DVDs without third party app for free.
Post Contents :-
Handbrake (Free means completely Free)
HandBrake is a completely free, open source multi-platform transcoder for digital video files, originally developed in 2003 by Eric Petit to make ripping Video from a DVD to a data storage device easier. HandBrake is available for Linux, macOS, and Windows that support to converting video from nearly any format to a selection of modern, widely supported codecs. And you can download HandBrake latest version for free from here.
The latest version Key features include:
- Title and chapter selection.
- Subtitle support (VobSub Closed Captions CCEA-608, SSA, SRT).
- Integrated bitrate calculator.
- Live static and video preview.
- Picture deinterlacing, cropping and scaling.
- Video filters and Grayscale encoding.
- Support for VFR and CFR.
Handbrake is simple and easy to use, supports any DVD-like source such as VIDEO_TS folders, .VOB, .TS files, DVD images, and real DVD. And you can get the Handbrake best setting for DVD to MP4 that result compressed output without quality loss.
However the downside, Handbrake won’t rip audio-only CDs/DVDs and for that, you will need other apps. Again unencrypted-protection methods including CSS are not supported internally and must be handled externally with third-party software and libraries. And sometimes you may experience crashes while using the application.
How to rip unprotected DVD with handbrake
Step 1: Download and install the software on your PC and Open HandBrake.
Step 2: Choose the file you want to rip by pressing the file icon on the left upon startup.
If this is a DVD or other piece of physical media, you’ll select the DVD drive and its contents.
Step 3: Press the Browse button and choose the destination to save the stored file.
Step 4: Click Save after making the selection.
Step 5: Now Press Start Encode at the top to begin ripping the DVD.
Overall Handbrake is a good freeware to rip unprotected DVDs with simple steps. but most DVDs you buy from the store have copy protection. And here the solution, Using WinX DVD Ripper you can rip any protected DVDs without third party app for free.
WinX DVD Ripper ( Professional DVD Ripper for Free)
WinX DVD Ripper is a popular Windows-based DVD ripper freeware, that quickly rip your DVD to digital formats. This application has a simple-to-use interface and supports the most common video formats such as MKV, MP4, MPEG, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV and can also rip DVD audio to MP3 off the bat. Again WinXDVD Ripper is one of the optimal choices to rip any protected DVDs without third party app.
Also, the software maker offers WinX DVD Ripper Platinum that’s more professional, intelligent, faster in speed and higher in DVD conversion quality. And unlocks some extra functionality such as Support more output formats, RIP Disney released DVDs, allow to merge, crop, trim DVD videos, Highest level-3 hardware acceleration that make the process quicker and more. For a limited time, you can grab WinXDVD ripper platinum for free and unlock all pro features.
WinXDVD Ripper Features
Here some key features of WinXDVD Ripper that make WinXstands from other DVD rippers.
- Support DVD disc, ISO image, DVD folder
- Support for Most Widely-used Video Formats, And rip DVD to MP4, WMV, MPEG, MOV, FLV, H.264, etc. without quality loss.
- Capable to Rip almost all kinds of DVDs incl. DVDs with CSS, region code, RCE, Sony ArccOS, UOPs, Disney X-project DRM protections.
- Support 99-title DVDs, workout DVDs, new DVDs, TV series DVD, even old scratched and damaged DVDs.
- Support Hyper-threading in ripping DVD to MP4, WMV, MPEG, etc, which offers you 2X faster DVD ripping speed compared with other free DVD rippers.
- The Only DVD Ripper that Has Reached Level-3 Hardware Acceleration that Convert disc to digital in 5 minutes
- offers 4 DVD copy modes, namely, 1:1 copy DVD to ISO or DVD folder, backup DVD main title or full title content to a single MPEG2 file.
How to rip protected DVD with WinXDVD Ripper
Rip protected DVD with WinXDVD ripper is simple and easy. Here steps
- First of all download and install WinXDVD ripper on ( Windows or Mac ) version on your system.
- Load the DVD you want to rip into the DVD drive.
- Now Launch DVD Ripper software, and click the Disc option in the top left.
Step 1: Click “DVD Disc” to load your source DVD. Here you can also load ISO images and DVD video folder.
Step 2: Here the Output Profile center -> General Profiles -> choose “MP4 Video (Recommended)”, which is preset with best settings for DVD to MP4.
Note: There are various formats available you can choose your own. Such as you can rip copy protected movie DVD to hard drive in the “PC General Video” profile, like DVD to MP4, DVD to Chromcast, DVD to AVI, DVD to WMV, DVD to MPEG, DVD to iPod, DVD to iPhone. At the “DVD Backup” output profile category, you can clone DVD to ISO Image, or copy DVD main/full title with original video audio quality.
Step 3. Now “Browse” to choose the output folder to save your converted DVD video file.
Step 4. Finally, Press button “RUN” and wait minutes. It should be in your Destination Folder.
Also, there is an option button, Where you can change Output Settings, Edit the Title line, you can choose the subtitle, crop/expand videos and trim videos if you need and more.
Here is a video tutorial to get hands-on WinXDVD Ripper rip DVD to MP4 step by step guide.
Overall WinXDVD ripper is the best free DVD ripper compare over Handbrake that offers a complete package to rip old DVD collection to digital format. Have you tried these freebies? Handbrake vs WinX DVD Ripper which one is best? Let share your experience on comments below.