Sometimes you might encounter api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing error while trying to launch or open a new program or file on your Windows 10 computer and prevent you from opening specific programs and performing specific tasks. Well, the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a system file built into Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015. And this error api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll missing indicates, either the Universal CRT (It is part of the Visual C++ Redistributable) has failed to install properly or the api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll file corrupted or gone missing.
The program can’t start because api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer,
The program can’t start Windows 10
Well, api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is a DLL (Dynamic Link Libraries) file where basically external parts of a program that runs on Windows and other OS. And it this dll file gets missing or corrupted you might experience this error while open Skype, Adobe Premiere, Adobe, Autodesk, XAMPP, Corel Draw, Microsoft Office, etc.
Lets first check Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable installed on your PC or not.
- Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl and click ok,
- This will open programs and features window,
- Scroll down and find if Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable packages (refer image below)
Install api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1–1–0.dll via Windows Update
Installing the latest windows update, Not only download and install these missing system files but also fix previous bugs as well.
Press Windows key + I to open settings,
Click Update & security then check for updates,
This will check for the latest windows updates, download and install then if available.
Once done restart your PC to apply the windows updates, and check if the Install api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1–1–0.dll missing error fixed.
Download and Install Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 manually
- Visit Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable page here,
- Select your language, then click the download button,
- Next checkmark on whether you want to download the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows,
- Once downloaded, right click on vc_redist.x64.exe file select run as administrator,
- Click yes if UAC prompt for permission,
- Next checkmark in the “I agree” box and then click on the Install button.
- Wait a few minutes, it will prompt setup successfully.
Well if you have already Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installed on your device and it still showing api-ms-win-crt-convert-l1-1-0.dll is a missing error then.
- Run the vc_redist.x64.exe, checkmark on I agree then click install,
- This time click on repair, this will replace the corrupted damaged api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll with the correct one.
- Once done restart your PC and Try run the application that previously gave the error and it should work again.
Also you can manually download the api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll and paste it on your computer to fix the problem.
- First Download api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll from here,
- Download both 64-bit and 32-bit api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll
Now copy and paste the 64-bit api-ms-win-crt-stdio-l1-1-0.dll file to C:\Windows\System32 and the 32-bit file to C:\Windows\SysWOW64
In addition run the DISM restore health command and system file checker utility that helps repair system image and restore missing, corrupted system files with correct one. And fix application won’t open problem on Windows 10.
- Fix The program can’t start because msvcp100 dll missing from computer
- [Fix] The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b
- How to partition C drive in windows 10 without formatting
- Solved: Microsoft Store App missing in Windows 10 version 2004
- Solved: Display driver stopped responding and has recovered Windows 10, 8.1 and 7