Here how to share a local printer via IP address and access/install the same on another computer on the same network.
Looking for Install Printer Via IP Address In Windows 10, 8.1 or Windows 7? Here this post we discuss how to share a local printer via IP address and access/install the same on another computer on the same network. Note: performing steps below are applicable to Install a network shared printer via IP address on Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7 computers. Let’s start:
Install And configure Printer
First, install and configure the printer on A local Computer/Laptop. To do this
- First of all connect the power cable to the printer and also connect the printer to the PC via USB cable.
- Visit the printer device manufacturer website, download and install the latest driver version for the printer.
- When you are ready Open Control panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Devices and Printers.
- Right-click on New installed printer select properties and click on the Print test page to check and make sure the printer installed correctly and it’s in working state.
- Now When you successfully print a Test page, Move to Sharing tab. Where we share the printer for access on the local network.
- Here on the Sharing tab Checkmark share this printer option as show image below.
- Click Apply and ok to make save changes and share the printer for network access.
Note: You Can Click on Additional Drivers options to Add additional Printer driver such if your PC has installed 64-bit driver and you are looking for access the printer on a 32bit OS installed PC.
- After sharing the printer on Local Network, Open Command Prompt type “ipconfig” and hit the enter key.
- Here note down the IP address of that PC Where the Local printer installed and shared for Others.
(Next, we are going to use this IP address to access the printer from a different printer on the same network. For me, The IP address Is 192.168.1.199)
After configuring all these things (such as install the printer, Print the test page to make sure the printer installed and working properly, Share the printer on the Local network ) Let’s move to the Computer where you are looking for install the shared printer using the IP address.
- Press Windows + R, type \\Ipaddress ( of the PC where local printer installed). for me its \\192.168.1.199 and press Ok.
- This will Ask for username and password, Type the username password of the PC where the local printer installed to access the shared items.
- This will display the shared printer.
- Right-click the printer and select connect This will install the driver for the printer.
- You Can check the installed printer from the control panel -> Hardware and Sound ->Devices and Printers.
Install Printer Via IP Address In Windows 10
Also If you are using windows 10 then you can add network shared printer follow steps below.
- Press Windows + I to open settings.
- Click on Devices option and tap on Printers & Scanners
- and then, on the right side, tap on Add a Printer or Scanner.
- Now, Windows 10 will search for printers and scanners, later you will see an option “The Printer that I want isn’t listed” tap on that option.
- A window will pop-up, here choose the option “Add a Printer Using TCP/IP address or host name” and tap on Next.
- Now, type the Hostname or IP Address of printer in the provided space and it will get the Port name automatically of the Printer and tap on Next.
- Now, Windows should search for the printer if the printer is connected and configured properly. If it is not connected properly, it may ask you further for the more details to enter.
- Now, it will ask you to install the driver for the printer. Now, choose your Printer and tap on the Next.
- Finally, just follow the on-screen instructions for installation. It will also ask you to share your printer with others if you wish you can share it.
- Now all set, you will get a pop-up which says that printer has been installed successfully. Now, you will be able to print a test page and tap Finish.
That’s all! You have successfully added your printer to Windows 10 Computer.
Did these tips helpful to Install, Configure, Access and install Local printer via IP address on Windows 10, 8.1 and 7 Let us know on comments. Also, Read
- HP Printer showing offline? Let’s change the Printer status from Offline to Online
- Printer not working after windows 10 update “Printer Driver Is Unavailable”
- Solved: Can’t print documents, Printer Driver is unavailable in Windows 10
- How to Fix Printer in Error State on Windows 10
- Solved: Printer only print one page then hangs until reboot Windows 10