Here are a few of the most reliable ways to grease a rusty Chrome browser on your windows 11 computer.
With more than 70% market share Google chrome is the first choice for many users, because of its features and compatibility. It’s one of the best and fastest web browsers for windows 11 users, loads web pages, and multiple tabs with lightning speed. When you first time install chrome, especially on a new computer you will notice the performance is fast and responsive, what your browsing needs. But at some point in time, you may notice chrome running slow on your computer, Google chrome not responding or take a long time to load web pages.
There are a number of reasons that can slow down chrome performance, from a huge number of cache files to malicious extensions, Chrome is not up to date, or PC infected with virus or malware is common. If you are looking for make Chrome faster and more secure on windows 11 Go through this article to find the most helpful information.
How to Speed Up Google Chrome on Windows 11
Sometimes you may experience that chrome won’t open even after clicking the shortcut icon multiple times. Open the task manager and kill all processes related to google chrome and try to open chrome again.
If you have multiple tabs open, that may consume more system resources, and slow down the Chrome browser. You should consider closing tabs you’re not using if your PC starts to slow down. Also, you can consider using extensions like Tab Suspender can help to suspend, park, and hibernate inactive tabs.
Check what causing chrome to slow
Chrome has a built-in task manager to check how much of your computer resources—RAM, processor, and networking—are consumed by components such as open tabs and browser extensions.
You can access this information by clicking the three-dot “More” icon, then select More Tools >Task Manager.
Also, you can press the Shift key + Esc to open the chrome task manager.
Restart your computer
Whenever you experience a problem with your computer, the first thing you have to do is reboot windows 11. This will refresh the operating system, restart all services and processes, and clear temporary glitches that may cause the problem.
Check Internet speed
The second thing you need to check and make sure you have a stable internet connection. If you have slow internet you may feel the browser very slow loading web pages. You can check internet speed here at fast.com or speedtest.net. Here are a few tips to fast and increase internet speed on windows 11.
Update the chrome browser
Chrome browser get regular updates with the latest bug fixes and security enhancements. Regular updates also include new features and improvements to fix performance issues with the browser. And Update the Chrome browser to the latest version is the first and most crucial step to make Google Chrome faster and more secure on windows 11.
Newer versions of the browser have better optimized files and they tend to run faster than older versions
- Click on the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner of the browser.
- Go to “Help” and then click on “About Google Chrome.”
- Chrome will check for an update, if new updates are available, it will download and install automatically.
- You need to click on “Relaunch” to initiate it.
Clear Google Chrome Cache
If you still find Chrome to be slow, then you should try clearing the Google Chrome cache. As you visit more websites, data accumulates in Chrome, slowing it down.
Clearing Browsing History & Other Data improves performance and speed up the Chrome browser.
- Open Google Chrome on your PC, and then click on the three ellipses on the top right corner of Google Chrome.
- From the menu that opens up, click on More Tools, and then click on Clear browsing data.
- Or you can Press Ctrl + Shift + Del key simultaneously to get the option to Clear browsing data
- Next, select the time range between the last hour to all time,
- Check mark on Cache images and files, Cookies and other site data, and then click on Clear data.
Also, you can run third-party system optimizer tools like Ccleaner to free up space, clear your online tracks, including your browsing history and cache, and speed up your system.
Remove Unwanted Extensions
Extensions can add very handy capabilities to your browser, But they also consume resources and slow down. You should try removing unwanted extensions, and check if it fixes the slow Chrome or not.
Disabling unnecessary extensions will fix Chrome running slow issue
- Open the Chrome browser on your computer,
- Type chrome://extensions/ in the address bar and press enter key,
- This will display a list of all installed or enabled chrome extensions list,
- Toggle the switch off next to the extensions you want to disable or there is a remove option to delete the extension from your browser.
Make webpages open faster with prefetch
Prefetch, also known as prerendering feature introduced on chrome preloads the web pages that it thinks you’ll open and allow users to load a web page quickly. Let’s turn this feature on to make chrome faster on windows 11.
The browser uses certain algorithms to find what links you’ll click and keeps those pages preloaded for you to view.
- Click on “Settings” underneath Chrome’s three-dot menu.
- Go to “Privacy and Security” and then “Cookies and Other Site Data”
- Or you can type “chrome://settings/cookies” in the address bar and press enter key.
- Here Turn on “Preload pages for faster browsing and searching”
Use Chrome Cleanup Tool
Running this tool, identify the potentially harmful programs that cause various problems to Google Chrome and remove these programs automatically. Even Google recommends run this tool when you experience unwanted problems on chrome.
This will help you scan for unwanted software and remove it for you.
- Open google chrome, type chrome://settings/cleanup in the address bar, and press enter key,
- Click on FIND, It will automatically start scanning for harmful software and clean them.
In addition, if you feel your PC is infected with virus or malware we recommend perform a full system scan with windows defender (windows security) or use third-party antivirus to remove viruses or malware from your computer.
Reset The Chrome Browser
Google Chrome still feels sluggish? Let’s reset all settings in Chrome to their defaults that not only make it fresh new but also speed up the Chrome browser performance in windows 11. A reset will not remove any important elements such as bookmarks, history, saved passwords, and extensions. But it will disable all extensions, and resets your startup page, new tab page, search engine, and pinned tabs.
- Type chrome:settings into your address bar
- Click “Reset and clean up” and look for the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option.
- Click it, confirm that you want to proceed, and then sit back and wait for the deed to be done.
Still, you are not happy with the Chrome browser performance, you can get a fresh start by reinstalling it on your computer.
- Right-click on the windows 11 start menu select installed programs, locate the Google Chrome entry and click Uninstall > Uninstall.
- Now visit chrome official site to get download and install the latest chrome browser on your PC.
Did the above solutions help speed up chrome browser performance on windows 11? Let us know on the comments below.
- How to Reduce High memory usage in Google chrome Windows 10
- 7 tips to Improve Laptop Battery Life on Windows 11
- 7 solutions to fix IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on Windows 11
- How to Backup Windows 11 to external device or cloud storage
- Printer not working or printing documents after windows 11 update
- Windows 11 Update won’t download or failed to install [solved]