Lowering the display settings and making it turn off automatically significantly improve battery performance on your laptop, In this guide, we’ll show you seven ways to improve battery life on Windows 11.
The latest windows 11 is optimized for Laptop users and includes features to improve the battery life on your device. Also, there are several features that can enable to improve the battery life of Windows 11 laptops. Like you can enable the battery saver to disable features and visual effects that can negatively affect battery life. Also, you can tweak display brightness settings lower, Set the Display to Turn Off Automatically when the laptop is idle, or run the power troubleshooter and fix common battery drain problems automatically, and more. If you are experiencing battery drain issue on windows 11 Laptops, Here few effective tips to fix the problem and extend Battery Life on Windows 11.
How to Improve Battery Life on Windows 11
Most of the time lower display brightness, stopping applications from constantly refreshing in the background or decreasing the time for your lock screen timeout help conserve laptop battery life. But sometimes due to OS bugs, incorrect power configurations or any other reason you may experience battery drain quickly. Let’s look and enable the features to extend the battery life then look for troubleshooting to fix the laptop battery drain issue on windows 11.
Enable the Battery saver option
The straightforward way to improve battery life on Windows 11, enable and configure the Battery saver feature.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings app,
- Locate and select System from the list on the left and the Power & battery option on the right.
- Here expand the Battery saver option and click the Turn on now button next to battery saver
- Alternatively, you can press the Windows key + A to open the Action center and click on the battery icon.
- Once the Battery saver option is enabled, you will notice the display screen brightness will fade, and certain background processes will stop.
- Also, you can use the drop-down next to Turn battery saver on to set the Battery saver feature to turn on automatically at a certain percentage.
- In addition Make sure to turn the Lower screen brightness when using the battery saver switch to the On position. Bright screens can significantly impact battery life.
Adjust screen brightness
Lowering the display brightness level is another significant way to improve battery life on windows 11.
- Press the Windows key + X and select settings
- Navigate System then Display and click on expand the Brightness
- Here move the slider up or down to adjust the display’s brightness.
Also, you can use the Windows key + A to launch the menu and use the brightness slider.
Tweak power settings
Configure the windows 11 display to turn off automatically when you walk away from your laptop and then leave the screen on, which improves the battery life of your laptop. In addition, Changing the default power mode can extend laptop battery life, too.
Set Display to Turn Off Automatically
- Press the Windows key + X and select settings,
- Navigate the system then power & battery,
- Expand the Screen and sleep option under the Power section
- Now, change the amount of time before the screen turns off on battery power.
And now your laptop screen will turn off after the number of minutes you set it to save battery life on windows 11.
Change Power Modes
Open windows 11 settings and navigate System then Power & battery. Here use the Power mode dropdown menu to select the best option
- Best power efficiency: Lowers system performance and provides the best option to save energy and extend laptop battery life
- Balanced: Allows Windows 11 to automatically balance energy and performance.
- Best performance: Improve system performance but uses the most power and reduces battery life.
Here select the Best power efficiency to use less energy and get the most from your laptop’s battery.
Adjust App Background Activities
When you turn on your laptop a number of apps and processes start automatically without your knowledge and run in the background. Unnecessary apps and services running in the background consume battery power, but you can adjust its background activity to improve laptop battery life.
- Press Windows key + X and select Installed apps,
- Scroll down and click the three-dot menu next to the offending app, and select Advanced options.
- Here Under the Background apps permissions section, choose how the app should run. You can select from Always, Power optimized (recommended), or Never.
- We recommend select the Power optimized (recommended) from the drop-down menu.
- If you’re not sure if an app uses a lot of battery power, you can check its usage by clicking the Check battery usage link under the Battery usage section.
- This will open the Power & battery page in Settings,
- scroll down and expand the Battery usage section, there you can see Battery use by app percentages
Disable animation effects
Visual effects make the windows 11 experience smoother, but these effects require additional computing resources that can drain the laptop’s battery you can disable these effects to save some battery juice and expand Laptops battery life.
To disable the Windows 11 animation effects,
- Press the Windows key and select the settings icon,
- Navigate Accessibility then Turn off the Animation effects and Transparency effects toggle switch.
Run power troubleshooter
Run the built-in power troubleshooter that not only fix power-related issues but also extend battery life on Windows 11.
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings app,
- Navigate to system then Troubleshoot and click on Other troubleshooters setting
- This will display a list of available troubleshooters,
- Scroll down and click the Run button for the “Power” troubleshooter.
- Continue with the on-screen directions (if applicable).
- The troubleshooter will scan and apply common fixes to improve laptop battery life on Windows 11
Disable fast startup
The feature works by saving data in memory on the local drive to pick up where you left off without wasting power. But sometimes this is the reason behind the Laptop battery drain problem on windows 11. Let’s disable the fast startup feature and check if it helps extend battery life on windows 11.
- Press Windows key + R, type powercfg.cpl and click ok,
- Click on what the power buttons do then change settings that are currently unavailable,
- And finally, uncheck the box FAST startup, and click ok to save the changes.
Sometimes viruses or malware infections continuously run in the background and decrease battery life. If you think windows 11 is infected we recommend performing a full system scan with Microsoft Defender antivirus or you can go for third-party antivirus but make sure it’s updated.
- Solved: Microsoft edge battery drain issue on windows 11 Laptop
- How to make your computer fast and Efficient (9 easy steps)
- 7 solutions to fix IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on Windows 11
- How to Backup Windows 11 to external device or cloud storage
- Windows 10 Inaccessible Boot Device error (5 Working solutions)