Getting error Error Code 0xc000000e (Your PC needs to be repaired) during startup after upgrade windows 10 1903? Or sometimes after installing a new game or any third party application or new hardware, Windows 10 fails to boot with Error code 0xc000000e Your PC needs to be repaired, this error indicates a hardware failure, an incorrect drive configuration or Boot Configuration Data corrupted. If you are also struggling with this error Code 0xc000000e perform startup repair and Rebuild the Boot Configuration Data from advanced options most probably fix the problem.
Windows 10 Boot Error 0xc000000e
Unplug all USB devices and disconnect if possible all other hard drives. Then unplug the power and remove battery, press and hold the Power button down for 30 seconds, plug back in power cable and try starting again. Check if this helps to boot normally.
Note: As windows won’t start normally to perform troubleshooting steps, we need boot Windows from installation media to access advanced options and perform startup repair and rebuild Boot configuration data. If you don’t have check how to create Windows 10 installation media from here.
Perform the Automatic repair
When you are ready with Windows 10 installation media, or UBD put it to your PC. Now follow steps below to access advanced options and perform startup repair that scan and fix problems prevent windows to start normally.
- Forcefully restart windows and wait for the manufacturer logo to check the option for boot menu, it will usually be F12.
- Restart the computer, when the manufacturer’s logo is displayed, keep pressing the Boot menu option key to enter the boot menu and change the boot option to CD\DVD ROM or removable disk (if you are bootable USB)
- A black screen appears with the gray text “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD”. Press any key.
- Select the correct time and Keyboard type.
- Click Repair your computer in the lower left corner
- Click on Troubleshooting, advanced option and then click Automatic repair.
- This will scan and detect problems prevent windows starting normally.
- During startup repair, this will diagnose your system corrupt files or botched configuration settings and try to fix them.
- Wait until complete the scanning process, this will automatically restart windows and start computer normally.
Rebuild the Boot Configuration Data
If after startup repair still getting the same error then its now time to look at the BCD ( Boot Configuration Data ). As discussed before the main reason behind this error 0xc000000e is the invalid or corrupted BCD (Boot Configuration Data) configuration. Lets follow steps below to rebuild the Boot configuration file.
- Again Access Advanced Startup options and select Command prompt.
- If ask for password type the current user login password and click ok.
- Windows restart and you will see a command prompt,
- Here type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each
Bootrec /scanos Bootrec /fixmbr Bootrec /fixboot Bootrec /rebuildbcd
After that restart windows and check there is no more Boot Error 0xc000000e while start Windows.
Boot Windows Into Safe mode
If above solutions didn’t fix the problem, then Start Windows into safe mode. This will start your PC with minimum system requirements, didn’t load startup programs, add-ons etc. And allow performing troubleshooting steps to fix Boot Error 0xc000000e.
- Again access Advanced options,
- Click on Startup Settings then Restart.
- you’ll see a list of options. Select F4 to start your PC in Safe Mode.
- Or if you’ll need to use the Internet, select 5 or F5 for Safe Mode with Networking
- When your PC start in safe mode, perform troubleshooting steps below.
Repair Corrupted System Files
If windows system files damaged or missing you may face boot failure Error 0xc000000e. Run DISM command and System file checker utility that helps to detect and restore damaged files with correct ones.
- Search for cmd on start menu search,
- Right click on command prompt and select run as administrator,
- First Run DISM RestoreHealth command : DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- After that run command sfc /scannow and press enter key.
- Restart Windows after 100% complete the scanning process.
- Check this time computer started normally without any error 0xc000000e
Disable Fast Startup feature
Also, Disable Windows 10 Fast startup feature and check this may help to fix the problem.
- Open Control Panel.
- Search for and select Power Options.
- Click on Choose what the power button does in the left menu.
- Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable link.
- Under Shutdown settings, find Turn on fast startup (recommended) option.
- Remove the tick near this entry and click Save changes.
Did these solutions help to fix Windows 10 Boot Error 0xc000000e Your PC needs to be repaired? Let us know in comments below, Also read:
- Fix Windows 10 start menu problems using Dedicated troubleshooter
- Fix your pc needs to be repaired error 0xc0000225 on windows 10
- WiFi Keeps Disconnecting After Windows 10 1903 update
- 10 Warning Signs that Your Windows 10 is Virus Malware Infected
- Start menu not working after Windows 10 1903 Update? Here how to fix