WiFi Internet connection disconnected, Getting Unable to connect or Can’t connect to this network error while connection wifi network? This is most probably occur because of incorrect network configuration, the problem with network WiFi adapter or installed driver for WiFi adapter is outdated, incompatible with current Windows 10 version 1903. If you are also struggling for the similar problem here apply solutions below to fix Wifi network connection issues in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
Post Contents :-
Can’t connect to this network
If you are first time face this problem, a simple restart could be a fix for you. That fix if any temporary gitch that may prevent to connect to the wifi network. Lets restart Router, modem and your laptop also. Not connect to Wifi network check if this helps.
Also temporarily Disable security software Antivirus (if installed) and try to connect the WiFi network check get succeed.
Start Windows 10 to clean boot state and try to connect to the WiFi network. If any third party software confliction causing the issue perform clean boot resolve the issue.
Run Network Diagnostic Tool
Whenever you face a problem with network and internet connection, Running the build in network adapter troubleshooter probably a good fix that automatically detects and fix the problems prevent your PC to connect to network and wifi.
- Press Windows + I to open windows settings
- Then click on Update & security and select troubleshoot
- Now look for the network adapter, Click on it and run the troubleshooter
- This will start diagnostic the problem related to network and internet.
- During the process the troubleshooter check network adapter driver compitibility, network configureaiton etc.
- Well wait until complete the troubleshooting process and restart windows.
- Lets try to reconnect to the WiFi network check its connected.
Reinstall Network Adapter driver
Incompatible, outdated network adapter driver mostly cause this type of problems. If running network adapter troubleshooter didn’t fix the problem We strongly recommend to update/reinstall the network adapter driver with the latest version.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok,
- This will open the device manager, display all installed driver list,
- Expand Network adapters, right click on installed WiFi driver select uninstall.
- Click yes when asking for confirmation and restart windows.
- On next start windows automatically install basic network Adapter driver for you
- Now try to connect to the WiFi network.
If the above steps don’t work, try downloading and installing the drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
Forget the wireless connection
If you’re having “Windows 10 can’t connect to this network” error, you might want to “forget” your wireless connection in order to fix this problem. To forget the wireless network on Windows 10, do the following:
- Open Settings App and go to Network & Internet.
- Go to Wi-Fi section and click Manage Wi-Fi settings.
- Scroll down to the Manage known networks, select your Wireless network and click Forget.
- After you’ve done that, connect to the same wireless network again.
Use Network Troubleshooting Commands
If applying above solutions Windows 10 can’t connect to this network issue still persists, you could run the network troubleshooting commands. which may help to resolve issues like this.
Open the command prompt as administrator and perform command below. After that restart windows and check Are you able to connect to the WiFi network?
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /flushdns
Network Reset (Windows 10 users only)
If nothing else has worked, then a Network Reset would probably help. This is the most probable solution which reinstalls Network adapters & set networking components to default settings and fixes if you face connectivity problems. I personally found Performing network reset to resolve this issue for me. I recommend you may also try, but first create a system restore point before perform a network reset.
- press Window + I to open the settings app,
- Select the Network and Internet option
- Then scroll to the option for Network Reset.
- Click on it and initiate the reset, and wait for the task to complete,
- After which your Windows 10 computer will be restarted.
Now on next start try to connect the WiFi network And i am 100% sure this time you successfully get connected. Did these solutions help to fix Can’t connect to this network error on windows 10, 8.1 and 7 computers? Let us know on comments below. Also, Read
- Solved: Bluetooth not available on this device windows 10 version 1903
- Solved: This Site can’t be reached error in Google Chrome, Windows 10
- Windows 10 May 2019 update Version 1903 Troubleshooting Guide !!!
- Solved: Ntoskrnl.exe High CPU usage on Windows 10 Version 1903
- Enable Windows Sandbox feature on Windows 10 1903, May 2019 update