Did you notice Suddenly Bluetooth devices Stopped working? Or after the recent windows 10 upgrade Bluetooth devices not showing up. A number of users report Bluetooth Not Available/Bluetooth not working or the Bluetooth device not detecting after install Windows 10 2004 Update. There are various reasons that can cause Bluetooth devices to stop working, Such as Bluetooth service not running, incompatible Bluetooth driver, Faulty Bluetooth device and more. Whatever the reason here some solutions you may apply to fix every Bluetooth connectivity problem on windows 10 version 1903.
Bluetooth Not working on Windows 10
- First, we recommend that you ensure Bluetooth is enabled in Windows 10. To check and enable it,
- Press Windows + I to open the Settings app and Select Devices
- “You will be automatically directed to the “Bluetooth & other devices” section on the left pane.
- Look for the Bluetooth switch and check that it is toggled to the “On” position.
- Also look for the Bluetooth button on the Bluetooth device ( keyboard, mouse, headphone etc ) computer – press it to enable Bluetooth.
If you are facing problem while connecting to a Bluetooth device, Temporarily disable security software (Antivirus) if installed and check this may very helpful.
Run Bluetooth Troubleshooter
Whenever you are stuck with any kind of Bluetooth error, then the first thing we recommend to run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter & Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter which check and fix the problem or bug which prevents/causing Bluetooth device to connect.
- Press Windows + I to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security then Troubleshoot,
- On the right-hand side select Bluetooth and run the troubleshooter
This will scan and address any bug causing/preventing Bluetooth devices from connecting.
Note: If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.
After running both troubleshooters simply restart windows and check on the next login Bluetooth devices connected and working properly. Still, have to issue follow the next instructions.
Check Bluetooth Service Is Running
- Press the Windows key + R, then type “services.msc”.
- Once the Services window opens, locate Bluetooth Support Service,
- Check if it’s on running state simply right click on it and Restart.
- Or if the service not running then double click on it to get its properties,
- Here change the startup type Automatic and Start the service next to service status as shown image below.
Once done, please restart your computer and see if the wireless keyboard and mouse are functioning.
Check Bluetooth connection settings
- Right-click Windows key and select Control Panel.
- Open the Hardware and Sounds section and select Bluetooth Devices.
- Select Options and make sure that the Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer checkbox is marked.
Try Removing and Adding the Device
If you are able to turn on Bluetooth but are not able to connect to the target device, then you should try re-pairing the device. Often times, repairing the device will solve a lot of issues.
- To do that open the control panel by searching for it in the Start menu.
- Once the control panel has been opened, find and click on the option “Devices and Printers.”
- The above action will list all of the attached devices.
- Find the target Bluetooth device, right-click on it, and then select the option “Remove Device.”
After removing the device, pair the device by clicking on the “Add Device” option appearing on the top navigation bar. Just follow the on-screen instructions, and you should be good.
Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates
Check-in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.
- Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.
- Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on the icon “Windows Update” from the search result.
- On the “Windows Update” window, click on the link: “Check for updates” from the left-hand side of the window to receive a fresh list of updates.
- If the updates are available, then install all the updates listed there.
Update/reinstall Bluetooth Driver Software
After connecting to your Pc or laptop if the Bluetooth devices are not working or are incompatible with your system, then update/reinstall the Bluetooth device driver is the most working solution I have personally found.
To update the Bluetooth driver
- Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Expand Bluetooth then right-click on your device and select Update Driver.
Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and follow on-screen instructions to let windows check for the latest available driver If found any windows automatically download and install them for you. After that restart windows and check the Bluetooth device started working.
If updating the device driver didn’t help then try Rollback and Reinstall option or visit the device manufacturer website, download the latest available driver and install this on your system check Bluetooth devices started working as before.
If Bluetooth stopped working suddenly after the recent windows 10 upgrade and applying all the above solutions didn’t fix the problem then the last option you may apply uninstall the windows 10 latest build and wait for Microsoft to fix the bug.
Did these solutions help to fix windows 10 Bluetooth connectivity problems? Let us know on the comments below. Also, read: