Microsoft regularly releases security updates to patch security holes with various bug fixes. And Windows 10 feature updates to refresh the OS with new features and improvements. Also, Windows updates are set to automatically download and install on Windows 10. But sometimes users report windows Update error 0x80070057, feature update to Windows 10 version 1809 error 0x80070057.
There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help – (0x80070057).
Post Contents :-
Windows update error 0x80070057
There are different reason cause windows update 0x80070057, But corrupt windows update components, previous updates that failed and caused corruption with the system files are the most common, that cause:
- Incorrect Parameter 0x80070057 Error
- Windows Update 0x80070057 Error Code
- Microsoft Office 0x80070057 Error
Here we have different solutions that help to fix windows update error 0x80070057.
- First of all check, you have Stable internet connection to download windows update files form Microsoft server.
- Temporarily disable Security software (antivirus) if installed.
- Perform Clean boot, that helps to bypass if any third party service confliction prevents windows update to download and install.
- Run System file checker and DISM command, that restore system corruption and repair windows image.
- Open Time& Language check System Data, Time and Region settings are correct.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Whenever you face Windows update related problem, Run the build in Troubleshooter that automatically check for problems prevent windows update to install correctly and try to fix them for you.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings
- Click on Update & Security, and Troubleshoot on the left side.
- Now select Windows Update and click on Run troubleshooter.
- This will check the system for errors and problems which prevent to install updates
- Restart Windows after complete the troubleshooting process.
- Now check again for Updates, There is no more 0x80070057 on windows update
Clear Windows Update cache
Yet another effective solution that fixes almost every window update related problems. Windows updates download and stored on a folder called SoftwareDistribution. If any previous update file gets corrupted on this folder next time windows created problems while downloading and installing new update files. And the solution is clear previous update cache files and force Windows Update to download fresh updates files.
- Press Windows + R, type services.msc and ok
- Here look for service named Windows Update, Right click and stop.
- Do the same with service named BITS and Superfectch.
- Now open C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download
- Press Ctrl + A to select all contents inside the download folder.
- And press Delete key to clear them.
Again open Windows services and restart the services that you previously stopped.
That’s all, Now check for Updates from Settings, Update & security. hope this time you get succeed.
Tweak Windows registry editor
- Press Windows + R, type regedit and ok to open windows registry editor.
- Backup registry database and navigate to following
- Double click on IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled and change its value 0
Now navigate to
- Here double click on UxOption and change its value 0
- Close registry editor and restart windows to take effect the changes.
- Now check for updates, hope this time there is no more error installing updates.
If you are Getting An internal error has occurred: The parameter is incorrect: (0x80070057) then open registry editor and navigate to
- Now Right-click SystemCertificates, and create New > DWORD (32-bit) Value.
- Enter the name as CopyFileBufferedSynchronousIo, and set the Value to 1.
- Hit OK, then restart your system.
Fix Using media creation tool
If you are getting ERROR 0X80070057 while install windows 10 feature upgrade, that cause you can use official Windows media creation tool to avoid this error.
- Download Media Creation Tool from Microsoft and double-click MediaCreationTool.exe to launch the tool.
- Select Upgrade this PC now > ClickNext.
- Click Accept when the download complete and make sure the installer is set to Keep personal files and apps as the default behavior;
- If it’s not, click Change what to keep to change the settings;
- Click Install to begin the update process.
These are some best working solutions to fix windows update error 0x80070057, windows 10 update failed error 80240fff, for Windows 10 computers. Have any query, suggestion feel free to comment below. Also read