looking for a free virus protection solution ( Free Antivirus software ) to protect your Windows 10 PC from viruses and malware infection? Here we have listed our top 5 free antiviruses for Windows 10 PC with feature details what exactly you need. Before move to free antivirus software review, feature details first understand what is the difference between free antivirus vs paid antivirus.
Free Antivirus vs Paid Antivirus
Everyone has a question on their mind if Free Antivirus Software Are so great why should they go for paid antivirus? Free Antivirus are only for non-commercial use, if you want to protect your business, you have to pony up for the paid edition. At that point, you should probably consider upgrading to a full security suite. After all, it’s your business’s security on the line.
The Free Antivirus software has some limited protection, On another hand paid Antivirus has some advanced security features which completely protect your windows computer. For example, Kaspersky paid edition have a powerful System Watcher component, which monitors processes exhibiting malicious behavior and, if necessary, rolls back changes made by malware. Which not available in the free edition.
Free Antivirus software for Windows 10
Windows 10 has a built-in real-time virus protection software called Windows Defender Antivirus, and it’s genuinely pretty good. But if you want to have even more powerful and multitasking antivirus software for Windows 10 computer then Here the Top 5 Free Antivirus software for Windows 10 PC, we found after analyzing the Feature and security details.
Avast Free Antivirus
Avast Free Antivirus | Lighter, more powerful – and absolutely free.
Avast is a well-renowned and the best free antivirus software for Windows 10 which will help you in detecting viruses and malware, scanning for the security and performance issues, analyzing unknown files in real-time which are present on your computer.
This award-winning free virus protection software is packed with the largest threat-detection network, machine-learning protection, easy password management and home network security that won’t slow down your Windows 10 PC.
The Big Reason We included Avast free antivirus At Top Place because of its “heuristics engine” which can detect previously unknown viruses and other malware.
Avast Free Antivirus features are:
- This “Intelligent Antivirus” detects malware, viruses, ransomware, and phishing, etc. Using smart analytics, the threats are stopped at the earliest possible time.
- “CyberCapture,” which is a cloud-based scanner, sends suspicious files for further analysis in the cloud. If it turns out to be a threat, all the users are protected in the future.
- “WiFi Inspector” finds flaws in your home WiFi and makes it more secure.
- “Smart Scan” detects various small-big security holes present on your machine.
- The automatic “Game Mode” makes sure that all notifications are put on hold.
- “Behaviour shield” keeps an eye on the apps and their behavior to make sure that they don’t harm your machine.
It is compatible with all versions of Windows operating systems and also available for Mac and Android devices.
The paid antivirus products from Avast come with added features like ransomware shield, firewall, anti-spam, sandboxing, etc. It comes with a 30-day free trial, so there’s no harm giving it a try if you wish to go for extra security layers.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition | Powerful antivirus protection, the light way.
We found Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is the second Best Free Antivirus To secure your Windows 10 PC. This lightning-fast free antivirus is capable of almost everything from real-time threat detection to virus scanning and malware removal as well as free protection against internet fraud.
Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition is blazing fast, absolutely free to use, and loaded only with the bare-bones protection features that every fast computer needs. One of the best features of this antivirus protection software is that it consumes very fewer resources which ensure that systems with less powerful hardware can also use it.
Its chief features include:
- “On-demand virus scanning” that ensures the removal of different kinds of worms, trojans, viruses, ransomware, rootkits, spyware, etc.
- The “anti-phishing feature” lets you protect yourself and take control of your online accounts in the best manner possible.
- With “behavioral detection,” your apps are actively monitored and instant action is taken.
- “Anti-fraud” feature warns you when you visit the sites that try to scam you.
When it comes to Bitdefender free vs paid comparison, the paid version comes with features like the password manager, browser hardening, specialized ransomware protection, etc. If that sounds like what you need, give it a go as it also comes with a 30-day free trial.
Avira Free Antivirus
Avira Free Antivirus 2020 | Award-winning PC protection, Next-gen security.
If you want to go beyond antivirus with the all-new free security suite that not only blocks malware and other malicious software installation, but also anonymizes your browsing history, and wipes all your online traces clean for free then you need to give a try to Avira Free Antivirus for Windows 10 PC.
Avira Free Antivirus offers you next-gen antivirus protection, stops ransomware/ Trojans /and spyware, guarantees your privacy, and also offers community support along with a free password manager and a VPN client.
- Avira’s “Protection Cloud” is an early warning system that analyzes the unknown files in clouds and protects the community in real-time.
- Its antivirus scanner takes care of most types of malware, including viruses, worm, trojan, ransomware, etc.
- With the help of Avira Browser Safety extension, you get added features like Browser Tracking Blocker, Safe Browsing, and Price Comparison.
- The “PUA Shield” stops the unwanted apps from harming your system.
If you want to get other premium protection features like phone & email support, 5 devices protection with 1 license, securing shopping/banking, protecting network & email, device control, and no ads etc. then you can go with the premium subscription of Avira Antivirus Pro for PC which we think is worth the price.
Avira also ships a software suite named Internet premium security, which has Free Antivirus, Avira Phantom VPN, and Avira Safe search Plus. The VPN bundled with this suite has a data limit.
Kaspersky Free Antivirus
Features: Real-time scanning, Anti-phishing, Email scanning, Spyware protection
Kaspersky Free Antivirus is yet another free lightweight basic AV program that covers all the antivirus essentials, including real-world scanning of files, web threats, emails and instant messages. Kaspersky Free has the same top-rated engine as the commercial builds, with the same update, self-defense and quarantine systems, and no stupid restrictions or nag screens to try and make you upgrade.
Talking about its features, you get the core protection of this not-so-heavy antivirus, which includes protection against dangerous malware, viruses, phishing attacks, spyware, etc.
Its web protection also makes sure that notorious websites aren’t able to fool you.
You also get email protection as well, so it’s not a bad deal as it uses the same antivirus engine used by popular and paid Kaspersky Internet Security.
You can go for the paid version’s trial if you need advanced features like cross-platform protection, safe online transactions, kids security, password manager, etc.
AVG Free Antivirus
AVG AntiVirus FREE | Installs in moments. Protects forever.
The latest version of AVG Antivirus Free is now available with the all-new and refreshingly simple design that shows you exactly how your PC is protected. It comes with all the essential free protection that won’t let you down. AVG free antivirus software now includes real-time security updates, scans for both malware and performance issues, and even catches malicious downloads before they reach your PC.
Both AVG and Avast free antivirus is using a similar malware-detection engine for tracing and deleting viruses from Windows computers. But with the AVG Antivirus software, you will get few additional features that you won’t get to see with the Avast antivirus free edition.
The main features of the AVG Free Antivirus are:
A highlight feature of this security tool is an inbuilt File Shredder feature that lets you shred content with AVG and get rid of completely. You can use this feature by directly right-clicking on Recycle Bin or individual files/folders.
- Complete virus scan and protection from different kinds of malware including viruses, spyware, ransomware, etc.
- Web protection to keep you safe from unsafe downloads and links. Email scanning is included as well.
- It also scans your system for performance issues and notifies you of the same.
- Real-time security updates are also provided.
Apart from the protection from malware and harmful programs, you also get a 30-day trial of the free AVG VPN tool. While these features of one of the best free antivirus should be enough for most of the users, AVG also providers more paid options in the form of AVG Internet Security (free trial available) and AVG Ultimate. These options ensure dedicated support, Firewall, and Pro apps for mobile.
- Tips and Tricks to Speed up Windows 10 computer
- FIX : Windows 10 Update fails to install error 0x80d02002
- Reset Network Settings on Windows 10
- Fix Windows Store Problems Not Working, Won’t Open or Crashes
- [Fix] DNS Server not Responding On Windows 10/8.1/7
There are plenty of other real-time protection software and free antivirus programs available in the market To protect Windows 10 PC, but these above listed Microsoft Windows 10 antivirus software are the most widely used antivirus solution all across the world which you can try on your computer too.
Also Feel free To share Which free antivirus software you are using on your computer? And according to you, which free antivirus you should consider to use if you are using the Windows 10 operating system? Also, Read Windows 10 Security Tips To Make Your computer More Secure.