Here how to fix Feature update to Windows 10 version 22H2 Failed to install Error 0x800704c7, 0x80d02002 or update stuck with error 0x80080008
Finally, Microsoft released the feature Windows 10 version 22H2 for everyone. This is a Minor update that includes a sew of new features, security improvements, and various bug fixes. The latest feature update version 22H2 is offered to all compatible devices via windows update. And user needs to click the download and install link to proceed with the windows 10 version 22H2 install. But sometimes users may experience Windows 10 feature update failed to install “feature update to windows 10 version 22H2 failed to install 0xc1900101” or feature update windows 10 22H2 stuck at 99.
If you are unable to install Windows 10 version 22H2, it is stuck download or fails to install with different error 0xc1900223 or 0xc1900101 apply the solutions listed below.
Window 10 feature update 22H2 failed to install
Most of the time Windows 10 Update stuck or fails to install due to a corrupt Windows Update cache, Again your computer is having issues connecting to the Windows Update server, windows system file corruption, incompatibility of an application installed on your computer or third-party software conflicts also cause windows 10 22H2 update failed to install.
Windows 10 22H2 fails to install, apply the basic solutions first.
Check and Make Sure you have a stable Internet connection to download windows update files from the Microsoft server.
Temporarily uninstall third-party antivirus if installed on your device, and again disconnect from VPN if configured on your device.
Remove external devices (if any) such as the printer, scanner, audio jack etc to prevent driver conflict problems.
Check System Drive (C:) has enough Free Disk Space to download the update files for installation or upgrade purposes.
Again Make Sure All Installed Device Drivers Are Updated and compatible with the current windows version. Especially Display Driver, Network Adapter, and Audio Sound Driver. You Can Check and update Them From the Device Manager.
Check Windows 10 version 22H2 system requirements and perform a compatibility test
Open the Service Manager and ensure that they are Started and their Startup type is as follows:
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service: Manual
- Cryptographic Service: Automatic
- Windows Update Service: Manual (Triggered)
Also, a few windows users reported, deleting folder $WINDOWS.~BT in the C: drive, help them fix the windows 10 22H2 update issue.
- Open the File Explorer and select the View tab on the top,
- Check the option for hidden files (To show hidden files and folders).
- Now Search for the folder $WINDOWS.~BT in the C: drive. Once you find it, delete it.
open the command prompt as administrator, type the command ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter key to Flush the DNS cache and try downloading windows 10 version 22H2 again.
Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows 10 has built in update troubleshooting tool to detect and fix the problems prevent windows update to download and install. Run the troubleshooter and let windows fix the problem for you.
- Open the Settings app using the keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Go to Update & Security the Troubleshoot.
- Click on the additional troubleshooter link (refer image below)
Locate and select windows update and click Run The Troubleshooter
The troubleshooter will run and attempt to identify if any problems exist which prevent your computer from downloading and installing Windows Updates. After completing, the process Restart windows and again manually Check for Updates.
Reset Windows Update Components
As discussed before, corrupted windows update components cause Different windows Update installation / Upgrade problems. If the windows update troubleshooter failed to fix the issue, Still Windows 10 22H2 Update fails to install with Error 0xc1900223 or 0xc1900101, Then Reset the windows update components by performing the steps below.
- Open the windows service console using services.msc
- scroll down and located the Windows update service,
- Right-click windows update service and select stop
Now clear the update cache following steps below:
- Press “Windows + R,” enter the below path and press the Enter button.
- This folder has all the files related to Windows updates.
- Open the “Download” folder, select all the files and delete all the files.
- Again open the windows service console and start the Windows update service.
- Now open update & security then check for updates.
Correct Regional and Language settings
Also, incorrect regional settings cause Windows update Failure. Make sure your Regional and language settings are correct. You Can Check And Correct them by following the steps below.
- Press Windows + x keyboard shortcut and select the Settings app,
- Click Time & Language then Select Region & Language from the options on left.
- Here Verify your Country/Region is correct from the drop-down list.
- And Ensure the appropriate Language Pack is installed.
- Click the “Location” tab and change the Home Location to “your country” and then click OK.
Run System File Checker
Again Corrupted System files cause different problems and prevent updates from Download and installation. Running system file checker utility help to fix and repair corrupted system files.
- Open command prompt as administrator
- Type the command sfc /scannow and hit the enter key.
- This will scan for corrupted missing system files if found any the utility will restore them from a special folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache.
- Wait until 100% complete the scanning process, and Restart the windows
- Now open update & security then check for updates.
Note: If SFC Utility Scan Results found corrupted files but unable to fix then Run DISM Tool Which enables SFC Utility to Do its job.
Switch to Google DNS
- Press Windows key + R, type ncpa.cpl, and click ok,
- This will open the network connections window,
- locate active network adapter, right-click on it and select properties,
- Next double click on Internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) to open its properties window,
- Select the radio button, use the following DNS server address (refer image below)
- Set preferred DNS server 184.108.40.206 and Alternate DNS 220.127.116.11
- checkmark on validate settings upon exit and click ok
Perform Clean boot
Also, Try to perform Clean Boot And Check for updates. If any third-party service or startup application causes issue to install the updates then perform a Clean boot And Try To check for updates. This is also the most applicable solution to fix Windows 10 Update 22H2 fails to install.
Manually upgrade Using Windows 10 Update Assistant
Also, you can use the Windows 10 Update Assistant to get it now! Once downloaded, you can run it to begin the installation of the windows 10 22H2 update.
- When you click Update now assistant will perform basic checks on your PC hardware and configuration.
- And start the download process after 10 seconds, assuming everything looks good.
- After verifying the download, the assistant will start preparing the update process automatically.
- The assistant will automatically restart your computer after a 30-minute countdown (the actual installation can take up to 90 minutes). Click the “Restart now” button at the bottom right to start it immediately or the “Restart later” link at the bottom left to delay it.
- After your computer restarts (a few times), Windows 10 will go through the final steps to finish installing the update.
Also If you are getting Windows Update stuck while the upgrade process simply use the official media creation tool to upgrade to windows 10 version 22H2 without any error or problem, or You Can Download Windows 10 ISO File for manually upgrade or Perform Clean install windows 10 22H2 update.
- Solved: Windows update not working or stuck downloading on windows 10
- Windows 10 Freezes continuously and Auto Restart with BSOD
- Discord not working on Windows 10, 8 or 7? Here quick solution
- Solved: uTorrent not responding or opening on Windows 10