A new cumulative update KB501509 OS build 22621.675 is now available for Windows 11 22H2 users. Today’s update KB501509 for windows 11 22H2 is an optional update that brings File Explorer tabs Suggested Actions and the taskbar overflow. And also Microsoft added the option to open task manager by right-clicking anywhere on the taskbar, There are a number of bug fixes and improvements as well. The patch is rolling out via windows update as an optional update and you have to start the update search and start the installation manually. Microsoft has also published direct download links for Windows 11 KB501509 offline installers on the Update Catalog.
Note: Microsoft reserved the first week of each month is for Office updates, the second week (B) is for Patch Tuesday releases. C and D weeks, which are the third and fourth weeks of the month, are reserved for optional updates. And these optional updates include non-security fixes and improvements only.
Windows 11 KB501509, what’s new?
- File Explorer – Tabs in File Explorer to organize your workflow like in the browser. The update will also bring a new Home page and a new navigation pane.
- Taskbar Overflow – This is a new entry point to an overflow menu that allows you to view all your overflowed apps in one space.
- Share to more devices – This will allow you to discover and share to more devices, including desktops using nearby share.
- Suggested Actions on Copy – Copy phone numbers and future dates and get suggested actions such as making a call with Teams or Skype or adding an event in the Calendar app.
As promised before latest Windows 11 KB501509, introduces the tabs in File Explorer, which essentially work the way we’ve known web browsers for years.
File explorer now includes tabs to help you organize your File Explorer sessions like you do in Microsoft Edge.
Using the power of Microsoft OneDrive, you can view your colleagues’ actions on your shared files. The company also provide personalized suggestions based on your Microsoft 365 account.
There is a new feature called Suggested Actions only available for customers in the United States, Canada, and Mexico, at least for the time being
when you copy phone numbers or future dates, we provide suggestions, such as make a call with Teams or Skype or add an event in the Calendar app. Microsoft explains
There is also a new overflow menu for the taskbar, which appears when more programs are open than can fit in the taskbar:
- You can now discover and share to more devices, including desktops, using nearby sharing
- You can uninstall, repair, and modify all apps from Windows Settings instead of the Control Panel
- It improves the performance of federated authentication
Also microsoft has bring back the ability to launch the Task Manager by right-clicking on the windows 11 taskbar, you may remember this feature was removed with the initial release of Windows 11.
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update.
Download Windows 11 KB5019509
Today’s update is optional, meaning that if you check for updates in Windows Update, you’ll be given the option to download and install it. If you don’t take it, it won’t automatically install it. Instead, the fixes will be bundled into next month’s Patch Tuesday update, which will install automatically.
If you want to download and install Windows 10 Build 22621.675
- Press Windows key + I to open Windows Settings
- Click Update & security then Windows update,
- Here you need to check for updates manually and then click on the ‘Download and install now’ link under optional updates.
- Once done restart your PC to apply the updates.
Windows 11 KB5019509 offline download link here.
- The above link open the Microsoft Update Catalog which is the library of Windows Update offline installers.
- To get started, you can click on the ‘Download’ button next to the version of the OS installed on your machine and run the .msu files to begin the installation of the update.
If you are looking for Latest Windows 11 ISO image click here.
If you face difficulty installing these updates, check our Windows update troubleshooting guide here.
- Solved: Cannot install apps from Microsoft store Windows 10
- Solved: Modern Setup Host high CPU usage in Windows 10
- Optimize Windows 10 for better performance (Ultimate Guide)
- Screen goes black when playing games on Windows 10? Try these solutions
- The Ultimate Windows 10 Security Guide to Secure your PC