Having a dedicated app to send and receive emails can really help streamline the process of keeping on top of all your emails. But what if the mail app not opening or working on windows 11? Here we have solutions
Microsofts build in mail app is used by many to read and manage email accounts from multiple service providers. But sometimes you may experience the Mail app not working or the app doesn’t syncing emails on windows 11. This issue usually occurs while syncing Gmail and Yahoo accounts, including company emails. Also, a few users report, windows 11 mail app not opening or the mail app not sending emails it’s stuck in the outbox. To deal with such situations, Here in this post, we have a few effective solutions apply to fix the windows 11 mail app not working or not syncing problem.
Windows 11 mail app not working
The mail app is not working, and you can’t launch or send/receive emails? you need to check your internet connection, clear the app cache or repair the app. Again if the Windows 11 mail app not sending emails, you might need to change some privacy settings. There are chances app itself may be outdated or corrupted in some way you need to update the app. Sometimes third-party antivirus software and firewalls may also prevent the app from syncing email and calendar
Well if the email app no longer syncing you need to Check the privacy settings if the app is allowed to access data. Again running the related troubleshooter or repair the app by clearing the store cache helps fix the Mail app not working in windows 11.
Before start, close the mail app (if running) Press windows key + R, type wsreset and click ok. Now open the mail app again check if this fix the problem.
This is How the mail synchronization works again
- Navigate to “Settings” from the Windows icon in the lower left of the taskbar.
- There click on “Privacy & security” and then on “Calendar”. Here you need to allow apps to access the calendar.
- Under the item “E-Mail” “Allow apps to access your e-mail” should of course also be activated.
Check internet connection
First, check and make sure you have an active internet connection to communicate with the mail server. In addition, Restart your PC which refreshes the operating system and clears temporary glitches that may prevent open the mail app.
You can check your internet speed here at fast.com or speedtest.net.
If you have a third-party antivirus utility installed, disable the shield for it before opening Mail. In addition, if you are connected to a VPN server we recommend disconnect it and check the mail App.
Update mail App
If the mail app is outdated or corrupted in some way you might experience different problems include the mail app not opening or not send receive emails. In such cases updating the app from the Microsoft store usually fix the issue.
- First, open the Microsoft Store app on your windows 11 PC,
- Click Library on the left side and Click on the Get Updates button next to Updates& downloads
- If there are any new updates Mail app, click the update button next to it. Or you can click on update all to install the available updates for all apps.
Run MS Store app troubleshooter
If the windows 11 Mail app won’t open on your computer or mail app not sending emails Running the windows store apps troubleshooter help fix such problems automatically.
- Press windows key + X and select settings
- Go to systme then troubleshoot and click on other troubleshooters,
- Scroll down to locate and select windows store app and click Run next to it, to allow the troubleshooter detect and repair app issues.
The troubleshooter will start diagnosing the problem and you will be notified if there are issues
Once done reboot your PC and open the mali app to check its performance. Try send or receive a mail.
Repair and reset the app
- Press windows key + I to open settings app,
- Go to Apps on the left side then click on installed apps
- Scroll down to locate Mail and Calendar then click on three dot button next to it and Select Advanced Options on the menu that opens.
- Here first try the repair option that help fix if the app isnt working correctly, the apps data wont be affected.
- If didnt fix the problem then try to reset option to eradicate the app’s data
Check sync Frequency in the Mail app
- Open mail app on your computer and click on the menu option to diaplay all mail account list,
- Now Right-click on the account that has problems syncing and choose account settings,
- In the appearing window, click on change mailbox sync settings,
- Here make sure to toggle on the button next to the Email option, In addition select anytime under downlaod email from option,
- Click on Done and Restart the system.
- Open the Windows Mail application and check if the issue has been resolved.
Allow Mail App through the Windows firewall
- Press windows key + R, type control firewall.cpl and click ok to open windows defender firewall,
- Click the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall option on left then click on change settings button,
- Select both the Private and Public checkboxes for the Mail and Calendar app if they’re not selected and click ok to apply.
Remove and Re-add the account
Sometimes problem with user account may also cause different probems and result mail App not working on windows 11. Remove and Re-add the account again help fix such problems and mail app start work normally.
- First open the mail app, right click on the account that has problems and select account settings,
- In the appearing window, click on Delete account from this device
- In the confirmation dialog that shows up, click on the Delete, Once that is done, open the mail app settings,
- Click on Manage accounts then Add account option, follow on screen instructions to configure your mail account.
- Now check if the Mail app not working problem fixed on windows 11.
Run a system file scan
Sometimes problem with systme file also cause different probems with installed apps on your computer. There are chances might corrupted system files prevent mail app open or working as expected. If all above solutiosn fails to fix the problem then run system file scan probably a good fix for such problem.
- Press windows key + R type cmd, Right click on command prompt select run as administrator,
- Fist run DISM command DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Next run System File Checker by entering command sfc /scannow
- Wait for the scan to reach 100 percent and display some kind of outcome.
Did above solutions help fix windows 11 mail app not working or not syncing problem? Let us know on comments below.
- Windows 10 Mail App does not print emails? Here some quick solutions !!!
- Windows 11 Unmountable boot volume Error (5 working Solutions)
- 4 Quick ways to Fix or repair Corrupted Files in Windows 11
- Wi-Fi Keeps Disconnecting on Windows 11 (9 ways to fix the problem)
- Solved: uTorrent not responding or opening on Windows 10