Brave is One of the most popular privacy-focused web browsers that offers many features and benefits, such as fast speed, high security, and privacy protection. It is also equipped with features like built-in ad blocking, enhanced privacy settings, and a unique reward system that allows users to earn cryptocurrency for viewing ads. However, like any software, it may also encounter issues such as Brave Crashes On Startup, freezes, or slow loading of web pages. Users report, Brave crashes immediately upon startup or Brave constantly crashes on several websites. This article explores the reason behind this and how you can fix Brave browser problems by reset or Reinstall it on your Windows 11/10 device.
Brave Browser not working or slow
There are many possible reasons why Brave browser not work properly on your Windows 11 device. Some of the common causes include outdated browser versions, Cache and Cookies Accumulation, Incompatible or Outdated Extensions, and more.
- Running an outdated version of the Brave browser may result in compatibility issues with certain websites or services.
- Extensions can sometimes conflict with each other or become incompatible with browser updates, leading to performance issues.
- Over time, the accumulation of cached data and cookies can impact browser performance.
- Incorrect browser settings or configurations can contribute to performance problems. Malicious software can affect the performance of any browser.
Update Brave Browser
Updating your Brave browser regularly will ensure that you have the latest features, security patches, and bug fixes. This will improve your Brave browser performance and functionality, as well as protect you from online threats.
To update your Brave browser:
Click on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner, and click on About Brave. Or you can Go to Brave browser “Settings” > “About Brave” to check for updates.
This will automatically check and download the latest version on your device, click the “Relaunch” button to restart the browser and update Brave.
If you experience problem updating the Brave browser, download the Brave installer, close your browser, and launch the installer to update Brave to the latest stable version.
Clear Brave Browser Cache and Cookies
The browser cache is a mechanism used by browsers to store web page resources locally. This adds performance gains, minimizes bandwidth consumption, and overall creates a snappier experience. Over time, these files can become corrupted or outdated, leading to slower performance and potential conflicts with websites. Manually clearing them ensures a fresh start, resolving issues related to cached data.
- Open Brave and go to “Settings.”
- Under “Privacy and security,” click on “Clear browsing data.”
- Select “Browsing history,” “Cookies and other site data,” and “Cached images and files.”
- Click “Clear data” and restart the browser.
In addition Go to “Settings” > “Extensions,” disable them one by one, and check if the issue persists. Alternatively, update extensions to their latest versions.
Reset Brave Settings to Defaults
Resetting the Brave browser settings to their default values will clear any corrupted or unwanted data that may be causing problems with your Brave browser. It will also restore the original settings that are optimal for your device and network configuration. This will improve your Brave browser speed, security, and privacy. Here is how to reset the Brave browser settings to their default value.
- Open the Brave browser and click on the menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner.
- Click on “ Settings ” from the context menu, and then select Reset settings.
- Next, click on Restore settings to their original defaults.
- And finally, confirm the Brave reset by clicking the “ Reset Settings ” button.
Once done, close and reopen the Brave browser and check if it’s without any problem. If you notice that the browser is still unstable or Brave is not opening, you will need to completely remove and reinstall the browser.
Completely remove and reinstall Brave
If the above solutions didn’t fix the Brave browser problem, you should consider completely removing and reinstall the Brave browser. Reinstalling the Brave browser will install the newest version of the browser with the default data. This will ensure that you have the latest features, security patches, and bug fixes.
Note: All browser data may deleted during the reinstall the Brave browser. It’s recommended to back up or export your favorites and necessary information. If you want to export your login credentials stored in Brave open chrome://password-manager/settings and click download file next to export passwords.
Uninstall Brave browser windows 11
- Press the Windows key + X and select installed apps
- Locate ” Brave “, click the three horizontal dots to open the context menu, click ” Uninstall “, and confirm the same.
Also, you can open the control pane, programs and features to select and uninstall Brave from your device.
In the dialog box, check the “ Also delete your browsing data ” box, and click the “Uninstall” button to remove Brave from your computer.
Next press “Windows + R”, type “ %LOCALAPPDATA%” and click ok, if a folder named “ BraveSoftware ” is present then delete it.
Download and install Brave browser:
- Go to https://brave.com/download/ and click on Download Brave.
- Run the installer file and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
This will remove any issues that may be affecting your Brave browser performance or functionality, and install the latest version of the browser with the default data.
Scan for Virus malware infection
Perform a comprehensive scan of your system using reputable antivirus software. Remove any identified malware or adware that might be affecting the performance of the browser. Also, Consider using specialized adware removal tools in addition to your antivirus software. These tools can focus specifically on removing unwanted adware.
These are some of the tips and tricks that you can use to optimize your Brave browser settings and avoid future problems. Of course, there are many more things that you can do with your Brave browser to make it better for you. You can learn more about them by visiting https://brave.com/help/ or https://community.brave.com/, where you can find helpful articles, guides, tutorials, videos, forums, blogs, podcasts, newsletters, social media accounts, and more.
- 5 Best Web browsers for Windows 11 in 2024 (Faster and secure)
- Solved: Images not Loading in Chrome browser Windows 11
- Microsoft Edge is very Slow After update? Let’s speed it up
- How to Transfer Files and Data from One PC to Another Windows 11
- Windows 11 Laptop Wi-Fi connection issue after update (solved)