Activating Windows 11 is essential in getting the most out of your device.
Windows 11 the latest release from Microsoft offers a range of exciting features and improvements. Windows 10 users can upgrade to Windows 11 for free, but if you install Windows 11 on a new computer, you must activate Windows 11 to enjoy its full functionality. Activating Windows 11 enables to take advantage of all the features and benefits that come with the latest operating system. Also activating Windows 11 ensures that your copy of Windows OS is genuine, you are not using a pirated or illegal copy. If you are looking to Activate Windows 11 on your device without paying for a product key or digital license Here this article explores several methods how to activate Windows 11 for free.
- 1 Why is Windows Activation Important?
- 2 How to check Windows is activated or not
- 3 How to Activate Windows 11 for FREE
Why is Windows Activation Important?
Windows Activation is a process used by Microsoft to confirm if your copy of Windows is genuine. It helps prevent software piracy and ensures that each copy is used on only one system. There are two ways to activate Windows: using a 25-character product key or a digital license.
Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasn’t been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow.
Activated Windows 11 has access to updates, security patches, and additional features to keep the system optimized and protected against emerging threats.
Also allows users to customize their system settings fully, enhancing productivity and overall user experience.
How to check Windows is activated or not
Here is how to check if your Windows is activated, and if the copy of Windows is genuine or not.
To Check the Activation Status of Windows 11:
- Press the Windows key + I to open the settings app,
- Go to System then click on click on Activation “Activation, state, subscriptions, product key.”
- On the next window, you will see the Activation state of Windows 11
Also, you can open the command prompt as administrator and run the command slmgr /xpr to check Windows 11 activation status.
How to Activate Windows 11 for FREE
If you have a genuine product key or Digital license you can activate or reactive Windows 11 with few steps. Even if you have Windows 10 product key, you can use it to activate Windows 11 as well.
Activate Windows 11 after hardware change
If Windows 11 is not activated after Hardware change or suppose you have upgraded from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and the activation state show “Not Active”. Click on change next to change the product key and manually enter the product key to activate Windows 11 for free.
If you have a digital license click on the Troubleshoot option to automatically fix the problem and re-activate Windows 11 for free.
- If the troubleshooter can’t resolve the issue, you’ll see a link to reactivate after a hardware change.
- Click on I changed hardware on this device recently link, and Sign in with your Microsoft account credentials.
- Next, Select the computer from the list to reactivate Windows 11 and Click the Activate button.
Activate Windows 11 After Upgrading From Windows 10
Usually, windows 11 is a free upgrade, and you do not need to do anything from your end to activate your copy of Windows 11. You need to make sure that your PC is connected to the Internet so that it can connect to Microsoft servers and activate your copy.
If for some reason windows 11 didn’t activate yet, you can use the Windows 10 key to Activate Windows 11 for free or use the digital license (explained on the previous step).
- Press the Windows key + X and select settings,
- Go to System then click Activate now (Next to Windows isn’t activated)
- Click on the Change button next to the Change Product Key option
- Now Enter the Windows activation code. (use the Windows 10 key)
- Click next and follow the on-screen instructions to activate Windows 11 using the Windows 10 key.
Activate Windows 11 with KMS for free
If you don’t have a Genuine Windows 11 product key or digital license, Still you can activate Windows 11 for free with KMS client activation keys. This is a legal way to activate Windows 11 for free, as Microsoft offers KMS client activation keys for free.
- Press Windows key + S and type cmd, right-click on the command prompt select run as administrator,
- Now run command slmgr /ipk kmsclientkey
Note – Here replace kmsclientkey with the following keys, for example, if you looking for active
Windows Home: TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
Windows Home N: 3KHY7-WNT83-DGQKR-F7HPR-844BM
Windows Pro: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
Windows Pro N: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
Windows Education: NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2
Windows Education N: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
- Next, run the command slmgr /skms KMS.msguides.com to set up a KMS server
And finally, run the command slmgr /ato to activate Windows 11.
Finally, run the command to slmgr -xpr to verify the activation status of Windows 11.
Create a Windows 11 Activator Txt
Also, you can activate Windows 11 for free with the help of a batch file. Note a Disclaimer: Microsoft doesn’t recommend using batch scripts to activate Windows 11.
- First, turn off Windows security (Defender)
- Navigate to this link and copy & paste the code to Notepad
- On Notepad, Click on File -> save as and name it Windows 11 activator.bat and save the file.
Now locate the .bat file, right-click on it select run as administrator to activate Windows 11 copy for free.
Also, you can Download and install the Windows Toolkit from a reliable source. Run the Windows Toolkit and click on the “Activation” tab, Select “EZ-Activator” and wait for the process to complete. Restart your computer, and Windows 11 should now be activated.
What if not activate Windows 11?
You will see an annoying watermark saying “Activate Windows. Go to Settings to activate Windows”. You cannot change the personalization settings for example, you can’t set the desktop background, customize the lock screen and more.
- What is a Software License Key and how does it work? (Explained)
- How to link Windows 10 license to Microsoft account
- How to Install Driver for your Network Adapter Windows 11 /10
- 9 Fixes for Page fault in nonpaged area on Windows 11
- Solved Copy and paste not working after Windows 10 update