Microsoft has successfully integrated its very personal digital assistant, Cortana into Windows 10. And the overall performance of this virtual assistant is next to awesome. Bing is the default search engine in Microsoft Edge, And Cortana( Microsoft’s built-in personal assistant) is powered by Bing too. This means when you ask her a question she doesn’t immediately know the answer to, she’ll open up your default browser ( bing ) and display a list of results sourced from Microsoft’s search engine. If you are looking for set google as the default search engine this is the perfect googlee you will get guide on how to change Cortana search engine to google on windows 10.
However, most of the people are familiar with Google, which is a widely popular search engine and is being used by millions of people across the world. Therefore, if you directly try to shift from Google to Bing to get proper results, you won’t come across to the particular result that you are looking for. This is because Google and Bing have lots of differences to make ranking on search engine result.
Change Cortana search engine to google
If you want to set Google as the default search in Cortana for Windows 10 or taskbar search, here is a trick. This is a simple trick and can be done by spending a little bit of time. All you need to is to download Google Chrome, set Chrome as your default web browser, download an extension and that’s it.
- First, download Google Chrome on your PC and install it.
- Now you have to set Google Chrome as your default browser.
- To replace Microsoft Edge as your default web browser.
- Press Windows + I to open Settings,
- Click on the system, then Choose Default apps
- Navigate to Web browser, click Microsoft Edge and change it to Firefox or Chrome.
- Now, your default web browser is Google Chrome and not Microsoft Edge.
- You need a Chrome extension that will redirect all the search queries from Bing to Google.
- So, download Bing2Google Chrome extension and add it in your browser.
Now, whenever you will click on any search query, Google Chrome will display the result against your search query using Google instead of Bing.