Finally, Windows 10 May 2020 Update is Rolled out for everyone. The latest update adds a long-awaited light theme to Windows 10, along with changes to the UI, Windows Sandbox and a separated Cortana search blank, among other improvements. And all genuine windows Users receive Windows 10 Version 2004 Via windows update for free.
You may be wondering why you can’t seem to get it installed. This is because the May 2020 Update is being rolled out in stages, some regions may get it a bit later than others. So Well prepare your System for Windows 10 version 2004and wait for the update to be installed automatically. Also, Microsoft Released Official windows 10 2004 ISO And Windows upgrade assistant, Media creation tool to make the upgrade process smoother. This post we discuss how to get early install Windows 10 May 2020 update version 2004 Using Media Creation Tool.
Install Windows 10 version 2004 via windows update
- First of all check And make sure your system meets the minimum system requirements to install may 2020 update.
- As per the latest information Windows 10 2020 needs 30GB free disk space to install.
- Make sure you have 64-bit processor because with the latest Windows 10 May 2020 update, Microsoft has stopped offering 32-bit versions of its operating system.
- Temporarily disable third party antivirus software and disconnect VPN (if configured)
- Make sure you have a stable internet connection to download windows 10 version 2004 files from the Microsoft server.
Manually check for Windows updates
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Now click update & security, then Windows update,
- here click on Check for updates button
- And let Windows 10 see what updates are available.
- If you see an update named “Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004”, this is the May 2020 Update and click download and install now.
- When it’s done downloading and performing a preliminary install, Windows will prompt you to restart your computer.
- When you restart the computer, it will finish the installation and boot you back into Windows with the May 2020 Update installed.
Install Windows 10 version 2004 using media creation Tool
If checking windows updates didn’t show the May 2020 Update being available, Then you can use the Official Windows 10 media creation Tool To force, manually upgrade to Windows 10 version 2004. For those unfamiliar with this tool, the Media Creation Tool can be used to upgrade an existing Windows 10 install or to make a bootable USB drive or an ISO file, which can be used to create a bootable DVD, that you can use to upgrade a different computer.
- First Visit the Microsoft windows 10 download page, download the Media Creation Tool and save it to your local drive.
- Once it is downloaded, double-click on the downloaded MediaCreationTool.exe file and allow it to run.
- Once started, you will be greeted with a license agreement that you must agree to before continuing.
- After you accept the license agreement, please be patient while the tool “gets things ready”.
- When done you will be shown a screen asking whether you would like to “Upgrade this PC now” or “Create installation media”.
- If you wish to upgrade a different PC, you should select the “Create installation media” and follow the prompts.
- For this guide, though, we will select the “Upgrade this PC now” in order to upgrade the PC you ran the program on.
Once you select “Upgrade this PC now”, click on the Next button.
The Media Creation Tool will begin to download the Windows 10 May 2020 Update (build 18362) and install it.
Note: It will depend on your internet speed How much time it will take to complete the download process.
- The installation process could take a while, so please be patient.
- Eventually, you will get to a screen prompting you for information or to reboot the computer.
- Just keep following the on-screen instructions and when it’s finished, the May 2020 Update will be installed on your computer.
That’s all you have successfully Upgrade to Windows 10 May 2020 update version 2004 Using Media Creation Tool.