Sometimes you may notice that the sound on our Windows computer has gotten too low. Or the volume is remarkably low After Upgrade To Windows 10 1903. A number of users report, facing low volume output problem, even keep volume level to 100 after installing Windows 10 October 2020 update. The issue may be caused due to software or it could be a hardware-related problem or a mixture of old and new settings. Actually, windows have some essential settings that need to be perfect to get good sound quality. If your computer Volume Too Low on Windows 10, Here some applicable solutions to fix this.
- 1 Low sound after windows 10 update
Low sound after windows 10 update
Audio Sound related problems include This Sound volume too low issue, mostly caused due to incompatible Audio Driver, Corrupted system files, the Audio hardware device is faulty, or Audio sound Settings are get changed. If you also notice computer volume too low windows 10 here apply solutions below.
Note: Bellow Solutions Are applicable to Fix various Audio Sound Related problems such as Audio sound not working, No Audio output installed, No Sound after Windows upgrade etc.
Start with Basic Solution Check and make sure Audio Device is connected properly.
Check the Audio Device volume is up or you may need to check the Audio Device with Different computers to confirm there is no fault on the Hardware device.
Also, Right-click the speaker icon on the system tray and select Open Volume Mixer to open the window directly below. Then check and raise the audio slider for third-party software open on the taskbar if the volume is too low.
Clean your speakers physically
If you have been using the same speaker for a long time, there might be dust on it, which often blocks the sound from playing smoothly. Check if your speakers are clean from the inside as well as outside. If not, make it clean and test whether it is giving a better performance or not.
Try checking other devices
If you are experiencing this issue with a Bluetooth speaker or some wired speaker that comes with a woofer, you should try connecting that device to a different device so that you can further isolate the problem.
Update Windows Audio driver
Update or Roll Back Audio Driver is the basic thing when we troubleshoot any Audio Sound Related problem. Whatever sound system you are using on your computer, it is important that you must keep your device drivers updated. If you notice the sound problem started after the Recent Driver update or Windows upgrade there may be the current installed Audio Driver is not compatible with the current windows version. That cause first we need to try the Roll Back Driver option or Install the latest updated Audio Driver.
Roll Back Driver
If the problem started recently after the driver update, the Rollback driver probably help with fix the problem. That reverts the current audio driver to the previous version where Audio Sound working properly.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and ok
- This will open the device manager, display all installed driver list,
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers,
- Right-click on installed audio driver select properties,
- Move to the Driver tab and look for the Rollback driver option, click on it
Note Rollback option only available if you have recently updated the driver software with the latest version.
On the next screen select the reason why Roll back to the previous driver version and follow on-screen instructions. After That Restart windows to get a fresh start and now check Audio Volume working properly. If not update and install the latest Audio Driver following the steps below.
Update Audio Driver
If the Roll Back Driver option does not work for you. Or you don’t have the option for Roll back the driver, that cause you need to manually update/ Reinstall the Audio Driver by following bellow steps.
- Again open Device manager by type devmgmt.msc
- Then expand Sound, Video and game controllers.
- Now right-click on installed Audio driver, select uninstall Device.
- When Ask for the confirmation check mark on Delete the Driver software for the device and select uninstall after that Restart windows.
On next Reboot windows will scan and install the best available Audio Driver, Or you can Again open Device manager check Audio driver is installed if not click on Action And select scan for hardware changes.
Also, Visit the Device manufacturer website Download the latest Available Audio Driver software and install it. I hope After Perform the RollBack driver option or Reinstall the Audio Driver your problem Will be get resolved.
Run Windows Audio Troubleshooter
Windows have inbuilt Audio Troubleshooting tool which scans and fix Different Windows Audio Sound Related problems automatically. Run the Audio Troubleshooter and let windows to fix the problem itself for you.
- Press Windows + I keyboard shortcut to open the settings app,
- Click on Update & security then troubleshoot,
- Select playing audio then click Run the troubleshooter,
- This will automatically detect and fix the problems causing the Windows sound problem.
- Restart windows after complete the troubleshooting process and check if everything working properly.
Change the sample rate and bit depth
Right-click on the speaker symbol located at right end of the taskbar,
- Then Select Playback Devices.
- A new Sounds popup will open, Here double click on speakers.
- Then on Speakers properties move to Advanced Tab
- Pull down the menu to set the bit rate to 24 bit/44100 Hz or 24 bit/192000 Hz.
- Both the options are visible as per the device’s capability.
- After that click Apply and ok to save changes now check low sound volume issue resolved.
Change Communication settings
Communication settings is a built-in Low Volume feature that helps users get better audio when they use the computer to receive or place some calls. This feature can reduce your computer’s sound by up to 100%. To change the communication Settings
- Right-click on the volume icon on taskbar select Sounds.
- Then move to the communication tab And on the option that says, “When Windows detects communication activity”, select “Do nothing”.
Adjust the Loudness Equalization
This is another setting you’ve got to check because if this option is not activated, no wonder you’re hearing a comparatively lower volume from your computer. To adjust this setting, right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar select Sound. Under the playback tab double click on Speakers. Then on Speaker properties under Enhancements tab Select the Loudness Equalization and click OK to save the changes you made.
Did these solutions help to fix low volume, Audio sound problem on windows 10? Let us know on comments below, also read: