Discord no doubt, one of the most widely used voice over internet protocol(VoIP) application for gaming users, allow chat, share audio, video and text between other users. While playing a game, you can log in to the Discord App or Using Discord screen share audio, can communicate in real-time with gamers worldwide. Not only games, users can also share their screen with anyone such as applications or even Chrome. But several Discord users report, Discord screen share no sound problem or stating Discord screen share audio not working correctly.
- 1 How To Share Screen on Discord
- 2 What causes Discord Screen Share No Audio issue?
- 3 Discord Screen Share Audio not Working
The possible reasons for the ‘Discord screen share no audio’ issue could be older version of the Discord app, faulty audio driver, no admin access, your application may not be compatible with Discord, security software interface and more.
If this is the first time you are experiencing Discord share screen no audio issue Then then restart your computer. This will fix the temporary glitch, programs conflict with the Discord app that causes audio issues.
Chances may Security software (Antivirus) interface may causing the issue. Let’s Disable or Uninstall third-party antivirus software if installed on your computer and check the status of the problem.
Also, make sure to grant Administrative access to Discord To do this navigate to the installation location of Discord. Right-click on the Discord.exe application and choose Run as Administrator.
Playing games on Full screen mode and using Discord will result in Discord Audio problems.
Also, visit status.discord.com to see if the systems are currently down for maintenance.
There are chances your computer may have a problem with your audio device
- Press Windows key + S and search for Microphone privacy settings
- Here is make sure “Allow apps to access your microphone” option is Turn it ON.
Discord official suggestion
Here what discord official suggest To fix Discord Screen Share Audio not Working problem on Google chrome.
- End your screen share session and refresh the Discord app by hitting Ctrl + R.
- Close your web browser and reopen it. Once opened, try playing audio in the browser first (Youtube is great for this) before your screen share session.
- Enable screen share and see if there is audio.
Discord dev team regularly updates the app to fix any kind of bugs, Update the Discord app there is possible that the issue gets fixed. You can update the Discord app by following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + R, type %localappdata% and click ok,
- Now double-click Discord and then double-click the Update.exe to update the app.
- Now re-launch Discord and check if the issue is solved.
Clear Discord Cache
Several users have also reported that deleting the Discord cache and roaming data helped them fix the problem and get audio working during screen-sharing.
- First, make sure to Close the Discord App.
- Press the Windows key + R type %appdata%, and press Enter.
- Here Delete the Discord folder.
- Now Restart the Discord app and check the status of the problem “Discord Screen Share Audio not Working “
Add your activity to Discord
Normally discord can automatically detect the activity you are performing. But there are cases when that does not happen, and the application will not be able to detect when you are screen sharing. To fix this you will need to add your activity.
- Start Discord app then Click the user settings icon
- In the left pane, there is Game Activity option, click on it.
- Now add the application which the audio is not sharing properly while sharing the screen.
- Once you add the application check the status of the Discord Screen Share No Audio issue
Use push to talk
Discord automatically detects whenever there is an audio activity transmits over the internet. But sometimes it does not happens, In this situation, You should try the push to talk feature.
- launch discord application
- Click user settings located lower left
- At the settings, section click on voice & video the left navigation bar
- Then navigate to the input mode section and check the push to talk enable it
Reset the Voice Settings on Discord
Also, try to reset the ‘Voice Settings’ in your Discord application that helps to fix any misconfigured audio settings in your Discord profile.
- Open the Discord application and click User Settings.
- Click on the Voice & Video option.
- scroll all the way down the page until you see the Reset Voice Settings button (in red).
- Click on Reset Voice Settings.
If nothing works then reinstall the Discord app to get rid of the problematic files.
- Press Windows key + R, type appwiz.cpl and click ok
- This will open programs and feature window with the option to uninstall or change a program.
- Locate the Discord App in the list, right-click it and choose to uninstall.
- Follow on-screen instructions and restart your computer.
- Finally, download Discord from the official site here and install it again.
- Check if the ‘Discord screen share no audio’ error has been resolved.
Reinstall audio driver
Again Outdated, faulty, or missing audio drivers may also cause audio not playing during a screen share.
- Press Windows key + X and select device manager
- This will display all install device driver list,
- locate and expand the category of Audio inputs and outputs
- Right-click on the sound hardware and select the Uninstall device
- Click uninstall again when ask for confirmation and reboot your PC
Now again open device manager, click on action select scan for hardware change. This will automatically install the default drivers. Or you can visit the device manufacturer website to download and install the latest audio driver on your computer.
Still, need help? you can reach out to Discord directly from here: https://support.discord.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Did the above solutions help fix the Discord screen share no sound problem? Let us know on the comments below.
- Discord not working on Windows 10, 8 or 7? Here quick solution
- Mic no longer working on Discord after Windows 10 update? Lets fix it
- Solved: Discord Stuck on Connecting to voice channel or sending messages
- Solved: Discord Overlay Not Working or not Showing PUBG, valorant, rainbow six siege
- Windows 10 Not Detecting HDMI TV (5 working solutions 2020)