Windows 10 22H2 is the latest feature update for Microsoft’s operating system, and it brings several improvements and enhancements to the user experience. Windows 10 version 22H2 is a minor release delivered via a small enablement package. It’s like a regular Windows update for existing Windows 10 users, but if you are on Windows 10 v1909 or older download the complete package. Windows 10 version 22H2 ISO images are also available for download on Microsoft server. Existing users upgrade to Windows 10 for free using Windows update or official Assistant. If you want to upgrade your PC to Windows 10 22H2, you have several options to do so.
- Using Windows Update
- Using the Update Assistant
- Using the Media Creation Tool
- Using Windows 10 ISO file
Download Windows 10 22H2 for free
Before you start, make sure you have a backup of your important files and data, as well as enough free space on your hard drive. You should also check if your device meets the minimum system requirements for Windows 10 free upgrade, which are:
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster
- RAM: 1 GB for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Storage: 32 GB or more
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800×600 resolution or higher
In addition, Temporarily uninstall antivirus software if installed on your system, and Make sure you have a stable internet connection to download updated files from the Microsoft server.
Remove all external devices like external USB or SD cards and update device driver to complete the windows 10 free upgrade without any error. Also, check this guide and make sure your computer is ready to install the latest Windows 10 version 22H2.
Using Windows Update
The official way to upgrade to Windows 10 22H2 is to use Windows Update, which will automatically download and install the update when it is available for your device. If your system meets the minimum system requirements Here is download Windows 10 for free.
- Press Windows key + I to open Windows settings,
- Click Update & security then Windows Update,
- Now click the Check for updates button, And let Windows 10 see what updates are available.
- If Windows 10 22H2 is available for your device, you will see a message saying “Feature update to Windows 10, version 22H2”. Click on Download and install.
- This will begin downloading the Windows 10 latest version files from the Microsoft server. It will take some time, depending on your system hardware and Internet speed
- Once done click the Restart Now button to complete the Upgrade and installation process, you will be greeted by the new Windows 10 22H2 desktop
- You can use the Winver command to check the Windows 10 version and build number.
Using Update Assistant
Microsoft also offers the “Windows 10 Update Assistant Tool” which is specifically designed to upgrade your PC to the latest version of Windows 10. This tool is meant to deploy feature updates on PCs, laptops, and tablets, which for any reason didn’t get the latest update from Windows Update. However, you can use the Update Assistant to make the jump to the new version of Windows 10 22H2.
- First Download the Windows Update Assistant Tool from the official site here.
- Right-click on Windows10Upgrade.exe executable file and run as administrator.
- Click yes if ask for User Account Control Access.
- Now you’ll see the Windows 10 Update Assistant introductory screen.
- When you are ready to proceed, click Update Now.
- First The Update Assistant will run a compatibility check on your system and check each of its major components.
- If your device passes the system check, click the Next button to begin the upgrade.
- Now click next The actual download will begin a few moments after this screen appears.
- The download process will take a little while to complete, Wait until complete 100% complete.
- Once the download is complete, the Update Assistant will verify the download to ensure a successful installation.
- Now you will see a countdown in the lower-left corner of the screen.
- Once the update is ready, You can wait 30 min to automatically restart Windows, click on Restart now to restart immediately and install Windows 10 update or you can schedule restart later.
Using Media Creation Tool
Another way to upgrade to Windows 10 22H2 is to use the Media Creation Tool, which is a utility that allows you to create a bootable USB drive and upgrade latest version of Windows 10 as well.
For those unfamiliar with this tool, the Media Creation Tool can be used to upgrade an existing Windows 10 install or to make a bootable USB drive or an ISO file, which can be used to create a bootable DVD, that you can use to upgrade a different computer.
- Download the Media Creation Tool from Microsoft’s website here and run it as an administrator.
- On the first Screen, Click Accept to agree to the terms.
- Next, Select the Upgrade this PC now option and click Next.
Make sure the Keep personal files and apps option is selected. This should be the default option, but if it’s not, click the Change what to keep to modify the settings. Otherwise, your files, apps, and settings will be erased.
- Now Click Install to begin the update process. Wait for the upgrade process to complete. You may need to restart your PC several times during the process.
- The installation shouldn’t take longer than 30 minutes, but it’ll depend on your hardware configuration, internet speeds, and other factors.
- After the final restart, you will be greeted by the new Windows 10 22H2 desktop.
Using an ISO file
An ISO file is a disk image that contains all the files and folders of Windows 10. You can use an ISO file to create a bootable media or to mount it as a virtual drive on your PC. You can use an ISO file to upgrade or install Windows 10 on your PC.
Microsoft releases the ISO files for every new release of Windows 10. We update the Direct download links here once the Windows 10 Update is available for everyone.
Download the ISO file for Windows 10 22H2 from Microsoft’s website. You can choose between a 32-bit or a 64-bit version depending on your system architecture.
If you want to create a bootable media, you can use a tool like Rufus or Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to burn the ISO file to a USB drive or a DVD. Alternatively, you can mount the ISO file as a virtual drive, Right click on Windows 10 ISO and select mount.
Now to upgrade your current PC, run the setup.exe file from the bootable media or the virtual drive and follow the instructions on the screen.
You can choose to keep your files and apps or to remove everything during the upgrade process.
Well If you want to install Windows 10 on another PC, boot from the bootable media or the virtual drive and follow the instructions on the screen.
After the installation or upgrade is complete, you will be greeted by the new Windows 10 22H2 desktop.
For a fresh start with the latest Windows 10 22H2, a clean install is the way to go. “Create installation media,” using Media Creation Tool. Access the boot menu or set the boot order in BIOS to boot from the installation media.
During setup, select “Custom install.” This will erase everything on the system drive, so ensure you’ve backed up important data. Complete the installation by following the on-screen instructions. Set up your preferences, create a user account, and let the installer do its work.
Windows 10 Feature Highlights
This update brings several improvements and new features to enhance the user experience and security of Windows 10. Here check some highlight Features on Windows 10:
The Start Menu receives a visual overhaul with a more streamlined and modern look. It includes updated icons and a cleaner layout. The Taskbar is enhanced with new features, such as the ability to rearrange and customize the quick settings and notifications area.
Windows 10 22H2 introduces new capabilities for Virtual Desktops, including the ability to customize each desktop with unique wallpapers and settings. Windows 10’s Task Manager now lets you see you the disk type, either is HDD or SSD and lets you monitor the temperature of the graphics card.
The system tray calendar has been updated with a new design, providing a clearer and more informative view of events. The Microsoft Store undergoes a major revamp for a better user experience. It includes improved navigation, a new layout, and better performance.
This update includes support for DirectStorage, a technology that enables faster loading times for games by leveraging the power of NVMe SSDs. Windows 10 22H2 integrates Windows Subsystem for Android, allowing users to run Android apps directly on their Windows devices.
The File Explorer now powered by Windows Search, which means in addition to local files, you can directly search for files that are stored on your OneDrive as well.
Windows 10 brings new Cloud Download feature that makes it easier to reset your PC. On systems with fast internet connections, this option should make the reset process quicker and cleaner.
The latest Windows 10 introduces passwordless sign-in for Microsoft accounts to strengthen your device sign-in and allows Microsoft accounts to use ‘modern multifactor authentication’ such as Windows Hello, Fingerprint, and a PIN instead of passwords.
As with every Windows update, there are numerous under-the-hood improvements for security, performance, and stability. Some of the security updates include improved ransomware protection, enhanced antivirus and firewall capabilities, updated BitLocker encryption, and more.
- Complete Review of Microsoft Windows 10 Operating system
- How to Fix Microsoft Store and App Issues in Windows 10
- Solved: Windows cannot connect to the printer error 0x000000c1 or 0x00000214
- Laptop camera not working after the Windows 10 update? Let’s resolve the problem
- Windows 10 Search not working after the Windows update? Apply these solutions