Windows 10 is a revolutionary software introduced by Microsoft in the legacy of Windows NT family. It is a next-generation operating system introduced by Microsoft after the Windows 8.1 success. Microsoft Windows 10 operating system has so much new to offer that it is really hard to compress everything in one post, but for our loyal readers, we will try to do that.
Post Contents :-
Microsoft Windows 10
Microsoft has introduced a new Windows 10 on 15 July 2015, but this software was available to users on 29 July 2015. This software has been one of the most talked-about Microsoft updates that’s because with this updated Windows system they have changed their old method of introducing a new Windows system after some time. Now, Microsoft will offer the new updates in the Microsoft Update Window just like the other operating systems such as iOS and Android. That means Microsoft users don’t have to fully reinstall their window system every time a new update is made, they just need to download updates available in their computer system.
For their users, Microsoft has designed two interesting updates that their users can download from their update window. The first update is released after six months in which major features are included and removed from the software. It is an update where new interfaces, features, and functions are included in the software. In short, it is like the launch of a new Windows every six months.
In Windows 10, Microsoft has given special attention to the security and safety features. That’s why in their second update, they provide security and bug fixes for the entire system regularly twice or once a month. Microsoft has dedicated the Second Tuesday of every month as a patch fix Tuesday where they offer security updates. Microsoft is pretty serious about the security features, that’s why they don’t wait up for every Tuesday to update the security bugs for you, if they find any bug which needs to be fixed immediately, then they can provide you with update instantly.
Because of these two features windows, 10 has been trending a lot and gaining lots of popularity among its users.
Windows 10 Versions so far
With every six months, Microsoft regularly releases new feature update with a number of new feature improvements here the Windows 10 versions introduced so far.
- Windows 10 version 1507 (Initial Release)
This is the initial version of the new operating system, which Microsoft released in July 2015 with Built-in Cortana voice-responsive digital assistant, New Microsoft edge, Fast startup, Rich software and device ecosystem, Free upgrade, Familiar interface with the Start menu, Better gaming features, Included music, news, and video apps and more.
- Windows 10 version 1511 (November Update)
This is the first major update for the latest Windows 10, which the company released in November 2015. This version is also known as the Windows 10 November Update.
- Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update)
The second major update for Windows 10, Microsoft released on August 2, 2016. This update is also known as the Windows 10 Anniversary Update and the company decided to keep the “1607” version number.
- Windows 10 version 1703 (Creators Update)
Microsoft has released the third major update for the OS, Windows 10 Creators Update. And even though it’s available starting April 11, 2017, Microsoft has decided to refer this version as “1703”.
- Windows 10 version 1709 (Fall Creators Update)
The second major update for the year 2017 and the fourth major release called Windows 10 Fall Creators Update being available on October 17, 2017, it’s still referred as version “1709” indicating the year and month when the update was completed.
- Windows 10 version 1803 (April 2018 Update)
Windows 10 April 2018 Update (version 1803) is the fifth major release and the first update out of two rolling out in 2018 available starting April 30, 2018.
- Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update)
Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809) is the sixth major release and the second semi-annual update available starting October 2, 2018.
- Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update)
Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is the seventh major release and the first semi-annual update available starting April 8, 2019.
- Windows 10 version 1909 (November 2019 update)
This time Microsoft has decided to release this update as an optional update that shares core files of version 1903 and focuses on fixing bugs, improving performance, and introducing minor new features to the existing Windows 10 May 2019 Update already available.
Windows 10 Features
Microsoft is constantly changing the features of Windows 10 to make it more user-friendly and efficient. Every new update comes with new features and functions. But, the most interesting and interactive features of Windows 10 are –
Windows 10 Start Menu
A new iteration of the Start menu is used on the Windows 10 desktop, with a list of places and other options on the left side, and tiles representing applications on the right. Start Menu can be easily resized by you according to your convenience as by default is available in the Tablet mode, but you can easily adjust that.
Task View Display
It is a new virtual task mode that is installed in windows 10 desktop which enables you to easily navigate between different task windows and create an easy workflow. Now, it became very easy for you to move from one window to another in these windows 10.
Earlier, the universal app can be viewed in the full-screen mode only. But, thanks to the new Windows 10, now you can view the universal app screen in multiple variations just like other apps in it.
Now, you can easily quadrants the windows of your programs by dragging them to the corner of your screen. When a window is snapped to one side of the screen, then Task View appears and the user is prompted to choose a second window to fill the unused side of the screen. This feature of windows 10 is known as snap assist and it is one of the most talked-about features of the software as well. In the new Windows 10, the windows system has also been changed.
By replacing the old charms feature, a new action Centre is introduced in window 10 which can be easily accessed from the notification area or can be easily dragged from the left corner. The main function of the feature is to show notifications and toggles.
These are just a few features which are a prominent part of the windows 10, however, with every new system update which Microsoft trees of their every six months, you can expect new features and functions in the Windows 10.
What’s new latest Windows 10 version 1903
Recently, Microsoft Windows 10 has been upgraded by the company in May 2019. There are plenty of new features added to the platform to make the user experience more robust. If you are already running Windows 10 on your PC you can easily upgrade to the latest Windows 10 version 1903 aka May 2019 Update for free. Open Settings app, followed by Update & security you will see “Feature Update to Windows 10, version 1903.” If still Windows 10 1903 update not available for you here follow this guide to get Windows 10 May 2019 update right way.
Here some of the new interesting features introduced in the latest Windows 10 1903 may update.
- With the latest Windows 10 1903, Microsoft introduced brand new Light Theme that brings lighter colors for the Start menu, Action Center, taskbar, touch keyboard, and other elements that didn’t have a true light color scheme when switching from the dark to light system theme.
- Microsoft search has a long way to cross yet, but with the latest update, at least the user won’t have to suffer through Cortana anymore when they are doing a search using Windows 10 taskbar. This will enable you to search using text for most of the common files, apps, and documents plus recent activities distinguishing from voice queries. That will give you the option to select the approach that you will prefer.
- Windows Sandbox When you run a new .exe file from an unknown source from the web, then there’s always a certain level of risk is involved. Users who are very concerned about their security typically use a virtual machine to protect their computers. However, millions of users present have no clue about the virtual machines and they are exposed to high risk.With the new Windows Sandbox update, users won’t need to use a virtual machine anymore. Users can simply use this new feature as it will create a temporary and disposable environment in which a user can run .exe files and test it. The benefit of doing it separately will reduce the level of harm. But, keep in your mind that this feature is only available for Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Removal of Builtin AppsThe new update also includes the list of more built-in apps that you can uninstall, free up storage space so that you can squeeze out every ounce of extra space without updated your HDD or SDD. The popular apps which are added to the list are – Mail and Calendar, Movies & TV, Groove Music, Calculator, Paint 3D, and 3D Viewer
- Pause Updates: Microsoft is offering a new control option for the user related to updates. Windows 10 users won’t have to sit through long software updates, especially if they have to do some other urgent work. Now, the user can select which features they want to install right away and which they can update later on. The new update enables users to pause update install, they can even opt-out of it if they don’t want to update. Plus, Microsoft is now setting up 7 GB of storage space aside for System updates only. This user now doesn’t have to create free space to accommodate the new system files.
- Windows can now determine your active hours automatically so that backups are performed while you’re not using the PC.
- The updated Troubleshoot page in Settings now includes a Recommended troubleshooting section to get your PC running smoother.
- Now you get a simple, clear slider to lower and raise brightness gradually from the action center.
- If you are a big-time emoji fan, then you will be delighted to use new kaomoji faces which are accessible from the emoji shortcut so that you won’t have to create them manually when you want to send adorable kaomoji to your friends and family.
You can read the complete list of Windows 10 May 2019 update features here.
Microsoft Windows 10 operating system has become more secure, robust, reliable and efficient after the addition of new features and improvements in the last few years. There are plenty of dynamic features incorporated in Windows which will reduce your frustration level and saves your time. The design improvement is one of the most demanded and vital improvements made by Microsoft. Well, there’s always room for improvement, but overall new Microsoft Windows 10 is a progressive step taken by the company to improve the efficiency of their platform even more.
- Windows 10 Version 1903 Failed to install? Here how to get it right way
- “Start Menu Search Not Working” After upgrade windows 10 Version 1903 !!!
- Understand the Difference Between Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro OS
- Difference Between Windows 10 Feature Update and Cumulative Updates
- How to automatically backup a folder in windows 10, 8.1 and 7