Microsoft Store is the official market place to download & update apps games on Windows 10. And with regular updates, the company add new feature and improvements to the Microsoft app. But sometimes while open Microsoft store app to download your favorite game or update an existing app you might experience a problem, Microsoft Store won’t connect and give error code 0X80072EE7 “the server has stumbled.” The reason may be various for this problem it could be a problem with an internet connection, the proxy firewall prevents the connection, store database corrupted, unfinished installation of windows installer program or more. Here we have listed solutions to fix Microsoft store problems on windows 10.
Fix Microsoft store problems
If this is the very first time you encounter the problem we recommend restart your PC. That clear temporary glitch with store app or Windows 10 system and fixes the problem.
The second thing you must check and make sure you have working internet connection to connect Microsoft server for the proper functioning of Microsoft store app
Temporarily disable Antivirus firewall and disconnect from VPN (If configured on your PC)
Press Windows + R, type wsreset.exe and click ok to reset Microsoft store cache Now check the app function properly or not.
Switch to google public dns
Here the solution worked for me to fix microsoft store connection errors or app install errors on Windows 10
- Press Windows + R keyboard shortcut type ncpa.cpl and clcik ok,
- This will open Network connection window,
- Here right click on Active network adapter (Eaither ethernet/Wifi) select properties,
- scroll down to ” internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) ” then click properties
- Select radio button Use the following DNS Server addresses, right down preferred DNS Server – 22.214.171.124 and Alternate DNS Server – 126.96.36.199
- Click ok and apply to make save changes, And open Microsoft store. I hope this will fix connection error on microsoft store.
Correct Data & timezone
Many Apps and services rely on Time Zone, Date and time of your computer. If they are incorrect on your computer there is a chance request from the client machine that will be rejected from the server.
- Open settings using keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click Time and Language
- Next, Turn off “Set time automatically” and set your correct time and date and timezone.
Create net Store database file
Deleting existing Windows Store database file forces Microsoft store create a new one and fix if the corrupted database causing the problem. You will find it on local disk C or the drive where windows is installed.
- Open Windows file explorer using keyboard shortcut Windows + E,
- Go to C:Windows > SoftwareDistribution > DataStore.
- Open the data Store folder you will see a file DataStore.edb.
- Right click on it and Delete DataStore.edb. (For safer side just rename is as Datastrebkp.edb
- Restart your PC and now reopen Microsoft store check if this help fix the problem.
Check Windows update service status
To function properly Microsoft store depends on Windows update service if it’s not started or stuck due to some reason you might experience a problem using Microsoft store app.
- Press Windows + R, keyboard shortcut type services.msc and click ok,
- This will open windows services console,
- Scroll down and locate Windows update service,
- Right click on Windows update service select restart,
- Well if the service not started, double click on it to open its properties,
- Here change startup type automatic, and start the service next to service status,
- Click apply and ok to make save changes.
Run the troubleshooter
Windows 10 comes with various pre-build troubleshooting tools, running automatically detect and try to resolve the problem. Run the windows store app troubleshooter that scan and diagnose problems that prevent Microsoft store function properly.
- Search for troubleshoot and select troubleshoot settings,
- On right hand side scroll down and locate Windows store, select it
- Now click run the troubleshooter to start the diagnose process,
- Once the troubleshooting completes look for the internet and run the troubleshooter as well.
- After that restart your PC to take effect the changes.
Disable proxy settings
Still need help, check your proxy settings and disable them to get your Store working.
- Press Windows + R, type inetcpl.cpl and click ok
- This will open the internet options window,
- Move to the Connections tab, then click LAN settings,
- Here Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN option and click Apply
Reset the Microsoft Store
Reset the store app following steps below that clears their stored data and sets the store back to default. Though this will clear your settings, you won’t lose any purchases or installed apps.
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings
- Click apps then Apps & feature on left
- Now Scroll the list and click Microsoft Store.
- Then you need click Advanced option link to get the reset option,
- On new window, locate and click the Reset button,
- It will show a warning that the app’s data will be deleted, so click Reset again.
- That’s all, restart your PC and open Microsoft store app, check if there is no more connection error.
Tweak Registry for Connection Errors
Well if you are getting connection error every time launching the Microsoft store app, or while downloading an app or updating an app, this registry tweak may fix the problem.
- Press Windows + R, type regedit and click ok
- This will open Windows registry editor,
- Fist backup registry database then navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
- Right click on Profiles, select Permissions, then click Advanced.
- Tick Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object and click OK.
- Now restart your system and hopefully, your problem will be resolved.
Did these solutions help fix Microsoft store Connection error on Windows 10? Let us know on comments below.
- Cannot install apps from Microsoft store – Windows 10 Version 1909
- How to Disable automatic updates on Windows 10 (Home edition)
- 5 Tweaks to fix Slow Boot Times in Windows 10 (Updated)
- iTunes won’t open on Windows 10? Here 5 Solutions to fix!
- Laptop camera not working after windows 10 update? Let’s resolve the problem