If you are having problem using Microsoft store app, App download or app update fails with different errors Here solutions fix Microsoft Store ‘Check your Connection’ On Windows 10
Microsoft Store is the official marketplace to download & update app games on Windows 10. And with regular updates, the company add new feature and improvements to the Microsoft app. But sometimes while open the Microsoft Store app to download your favorite game or update an existing app you might experience a problem, Microsoft Store won’t connect and give error code 0X80072EE7 “the server has stumbled.” The reason may be various for this problem it could be a problem with an internet connection, the proxy firewall prevents the connection, store database corrupted, unfinished installation of windows installer program or more. Here we have listed solutions to fix Microsoft store problems on windows 10.
Fix Microsoft store problems
If this is the very first time you encounter the problem we recommend restarting your PC. That clears a temporary glitch with the store app or Windows 10 system and fixes the problem.
The second thing you must check and make sure you have a working internet connection to connect Microsoft server for the proper functioning of the Microsoft Store app
Temporarily disable the Antivirus firewall and disconnect from VPN (If configured on your PC)
Press Windows + R, type wsreset.exe, and click ok to reset the Microsoft store cache Now check the app function properly or not.
Switch to google public dns
Here the solution worked for me to fix microsoft store connection errors or app install errors on Windows 10
- Press Windows + R keyboard shortcut type ncpa.cpl and clcik ok,
- This will open Network connection window,
- Here right click on Active network adapter (Eaither ethernet/Wifi) select properties,
- scroll down to ” internet protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4) ” then click properties
- Select radio button Use the following DNS Server addresses, right down preferred DNS Server – 188.8.131.52 and Alternate DNS Server – 184.108.40.206
- Click ok and apply to make save changes, And open Microsoft store. I hope this will fix connection error on microsoft store.
Correct Data & timezone
Many Apps and services rely on the Time Zone, Date, and time of your computer. If they are incorrect on your computer there is a chance requests from the client machine will be rejected from the server.
- Open settings using keyboard shortcut Windows + I,
- Click Time and Language
- Next, Turn off “Set time automatically” and set your correct time and date, and timezone.
Create new Store database file
Deleting the existing Windows Store database file forces Microsoft store create a new one and fix if the corrupted database causing the problem. You will find it on local disk C or the drive where windows are installed.
- Open Windows file explorer using keyboard shortcut Windows + E,
- Go to C:Windows > SoftwareDistribution > DataStore.
- Open the Data Store folder you will see a file DataStore.edb.
- Right-click on it and Delete DataStore.edb. (For the safer side just rename it as Datastrebkp.edb
- Restart your PC and now reopen the Microsoft store check if this helps fix the problem.
Check Windows update service status
To function properly Microsoft store depends on the Windows update service if it’s not started or stuck due to some reason you might experience a problem using the Microsoft Store app.
- Press Windows + R, keyboard shortcut type services.msc and click ok,
- This will open the windows services console,
- Scroll down and locate Windows update service,
- Right-click on Windows update service select restart,
- Well if the service has not started, double click on it to open its properties,
- Here change startup type automatic, and start the service next to service status,
- Click apply and ok to make save changes.
Run the troubleshooter
Windows 10 comes with various pre-build troubleshooting tools, running automatically to detect and try to resolve the problem. Run the windows store app troubleshooter that scans and diagnoses problems that prevent Microsoft store function properly.
- Search for troubleshooting and select troubleshoot settings,
- On the right-hand side scroll down and locate the Windows store, select it
- Now click run the troubleshooter to start the diagnosis process,
- Once the troubleshooting completes look for the internet and run the troubleshooter as well.
- After that restart your PC to take effect the changes.
Disable proxy settings
Still need help, check your proxy settings and disable them to get your Store working.
- Press Windows + R, type inetcpl.cpl, and click ok
- This will open the internet options window,
- Move to the Connections tab, then click LAN settings,
- Here Uncheck the Use a proxy server for your LAN option and click Apply
Reset the Microsoft Store
Reset the store app following the steps below that clears their stored data and sets the store back to default. Though this will clear your settings, you won’t lose any purchases or installed apps.
- Press Windows key + I to open Settings
- Click apps then Apps & feature on left
- Now Scroll the list and click Microsoft Store.
- Then you need to click the Advanced options link to get the reset option,
- On the new window, locate and click the Reset button,
- It will show a warning that the app’s data will be deleted, so click Reset again.
- That’s all, restart your PC and open the Microsoft Store app, check if there is no more connection error.
Tweak Registry for Connection Errors
Well if you are getting a connection error every time launching the Microsoft store app, or while downloading an app or updating an app, this registry tweak may fix the problem.
- Press Windows + R, type Regedit and click ok
- This will open the Windows registry editor,
- First backup registry database then navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles
- Right-click on Profiles, select Permissions, then click Advanced.
- Tick Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permission entries from this object and click OK.
- Now restart your system and hopefully, your problem will be resolved.
Did these solutions help fix the Microsoft store Connection error on Windows 10? Let us know in the comments below.
- Cannot install apps from Microsoft store – Windows 10
- How to Disable automatic updates on Windows 10 (Home edition)
- 5 Tweaks to fix Slow Boot Times in Windows 10 (Updated)
- iTunes won’t open on Windows 10? Here 5 Solutions to fix!
- Laptop camera not working after the windows 10 update? Let’s resolve the problem
3 thoughts on “How to fix Microsoft store connection error on Windows 10”
Thanks Man The first step work for me
thank you very much ,its working for me……….
Glad to hear you…….