Are you getting “Activate Windows- Go to settings to activate windows” watermark on your desktop? Or Looking for the way to remove activate windows watermark permanently from your desktop? This is because your windows license has expired. If you have a product key then you can activate it directly, to remove activate Windows watermark. But if you don’t have one, here how to remove activate windows 10 watermark without a product key.
How to remove activate windows watermark?
Applied different solutions but still, activate windows watermark keeps coming back? Don’t worry here in this post we have the working ways to remove windows 10 watermark Permanently.
Remove active windows watermark with help of cmd
With a simple notepad trick, you can easily remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark from your desktop. Let’s see how to do it.
- First, open notepad on your PC You can do this by click on the start menu search type notepad and hit the enter key. Now on notepad type, the below commands :
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
- Go to File and click “Save as”. Here select the location where you want to save the file. Then Change the save as type to All Files (*.*) and Give the file name as “ remove.bat”
- Now open the file location where you saved it. You will see a file as shown below image. Right-click on the remove.bat file and click on “Run as administrator”
A command prompt will be opened and closed itself, Now restart your laptop or desktop. That’s all there is no more “activate windows go to settings to activate windows” on your Desktop.
Registry Tweak to remove Activate windows watermark
Here is another tweak to remove activate windows 10 watermark using the windows registry editor.
- Open the Windows registry editor by Press Windows + R, type regedit, and hit the enter key.
- Then expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- Double click on the value “PaintDesktopVersion” in the right-hand window.
- And Change the value “1” to a “0” and click OK to save changes.
- Close the registry editor and any other programs and restart your computer.
Video how to remove windows water mark
In addition, refer to this video for one more registry tweak that helps remove activate the windows watermark on windows 10.
Windows watermark remover tool
Still activate windows watermark keeps coming back? You can use a third-party windows watermark remover tool, “Universal Watermark Disabler 188.8.131.52” which helps remove all kinds of watermarks in Windows 10.
Running this tool didn’t delete any branding strings (for example does not modify system files) only remove watermarks including Test Mode, Build string in the evaluation and pre-release builds,
- Download ‘Universal Watermark Disabler’ here,
- locate and unzip the file in the download folder
- save and close all applications running on your computer
- Finally, double click on uwd.exe to run the tool, Click yes if UAC prompts for permission,
- Click on install, The application will run and automatically restart your computer.
- On the next start when you log in back to your machine you will notice the remove windows activation message disappeared.
Disable Activate Windows Watermark by using Ease of Access
Yes, also you can also remove the windows 10 activation watermark from the ease of access options.
- Press Windows key + S type control panel and select the first result,
- Go to Ease of Access Centre (to get this option make sure to Change the control panel view by large icons)
- Click on Make the computer easier to see, scroll down to the bottom and check the mark on Remove background images (where available)
- Click ok and restart your PC and check the status of remove the windows 10 activation watermark.
that’s all, did the above solutions help remove activate windows watermark on windows 10? Let us know in the comments below.
Did you know you can remotely access your Windows desktop applications from anywhere on any device with high-performance XenDesktop from CloudDesktopOnline powered with top-notch support from Apps4Rent.
- Laptop Buying Guide – What to Look for When Buying a Laptop
- SSD vs HDD Speed and Performance Comparison 2022
- What Is The Difference Between A VPN And A Proxy and how do they work?
- How To Enable and configure Hyper V virtualization on Windows 10
- What is the Difference Between 32-Bit and 64-Bit Windows 10 and Processor (CPU)