Are you getting “Activate Windows- Go to settings to activate windows” watermark on your desktop? Or Looking for the way to remove activate windows watermark permanently from your desktop? This is because your windows license has expired. If you have a product key then you can activate it directly, to remove activate Windows watermark. But if you don’t have, here how to remove activate windows 10 watermark without a product key.
Remove Activate Windows Watermark permanently
With a simple notepad trick, you can easily remove Activate Windows 10 Watermark from your desktop. Let’s see how to do. First, open notepad on your PC You can do this by click on start menu search type notepad and hit the enter key. Now on notepad type below commands :
taskkill /F /IM explorer.exe
Now on notepad go to file and click “Save as”. Here select the location where you want to save the file. Then Change the save as type to All Files (*.*) and Give the file name as “ remove.bat”
Now open the file location where you saved. You will see a file as shown below image. Right-click on the remove.bat file and click on “Run as administrator”
A command prompt will be opened and closed itself, Now restart your laptop or desktop. That’s all there is no more “activate windows go to settings to activate windows” on your Desktop.
- You may like to Read:
- Fix DNS probe finished nxdomain error on Google Chrome
- Tips and Tricks to Speed up Windows 10 Laptop
- [Fix] DNS Server not Responding On Windows 10/8.1/7
Registry Tweak to remove Activate windows watermark
Here another tweak to remove activate windows 10 watermark using the windows registry editor.
- Open Windows registry editor by Press Windows + R, type regedit and hit the enter key.
- Then expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- Double click on the value “PaintDesktopVersion” in the right-hand window.
- And Change the value “1” to a “0” and click OK to save changes.
- Close registry editor and any other programs and restart your computer.
This is the best tweak to remove activate windows watermark permanently from your Windows Desktop computer or laptop. I hope after applying this tweak you can easily remove activate Windows watermark. still, have any query, suggestion feel free to comment below.
Did you know you can remotely access your Windows desktop applications from anywhere on any device with high-performance XenDesktop from CloudDesktopOnline powered with top-notch support from Apps4Rent.
Also, read from our blog
- Laptop Buying Guide – What to Look for When Buying a Laptop
- SSD vs HDD Speed and Performance Comparison 2018
- What Is The Difference Between A VPN And A Proxy and how they works?
- How To Enable and configure Hyper V virtualization on Windows 10
- What is the Difference Between 32-Bit and 64-Bit Windows 10 and Processor (CPU)