Here is how to Troubleshoot iPhone connection to Windows 11.
You can download the iTunes application from the Microsoft store to connect and sync your iPhone to windows 11 PC. Just open iTunes and sign in using the same Apple ID that you use on your iPhone. Now connect your iPhone using a USB cable and give the necessary permissions on your smartphone when the popup appears. It’s easy and quick to Connect and Sync iPhone to Windows 11 Using iTunes. But sometimes you may experience problems connect or sync iPhone with windows 11, and iTunes not detecting iPhone.
According to users Windows 11 doesn’t recognize iPhone when connected or iPhone won’t connect to the computer via USB. There are several possible reasons why iTunes not detecting iPhone, Faulty connections between the iPhone and computer to an older version of iTunes app are common. Again if Critical permissions not granted or Older versions of Windows 11 or software on your computer the reason why Windows 11 is not recognizing your iPhone. Whatever the reason, here is how to Fix iPhone Not Detected or Recognized Issue in Windows 11 or 10.
How To Fix iPhone Not Connecting to Windows 11
Usually when your device is turned on and connected to windows 11 PC it should appear in iTunes, but if computer doesn’t recognize your iPhone you get an unknown error or 0xE error:
Ensure proper connection
- The first thing you need to check and ensure the proper connection of the device, the USB cable is properly plugged in at both ends. Even better, unplug and then firmly replug them.
- If possible, try a different computer, USB port, or USB cable.
- Also check for any debris in the charging port on the bottom of your iPhone or iPad. For better results, stick with Apple-certified cables only.
Ensure the cable you are using is not damaged and the ports are not faulty
In addition to this, other accessories connected to your PC may interrupt connection between iPhone and windows 11 PC. For example, speakers, earphones, an external hard drive, a printer, or maybe an external Bluetooth adapter. Heance Windows 11 not recognizing iPhone we recommend disconnect unnecessary accessories from your PC and check if it helps.
Restart your Device
Sometimes it coluld be a trivial bug or a background process that’s preventing Windows 11 from recognizing your iPhone. And to fix such issue, Even Apple Inc recommend try restarting your iPhone and your Windows 11 PC that clear temporary glitches or process and fix the problem.
First disconnect the USB cable from both ends (from iPhone and windwos 11 USB port)
On your windows 11 computer click on start menu, select the power button and Choose Restart from the list that pops up.
If you have iPhone X, 11, 12, or 13 or later, Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears, Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. And to turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.
Well if you have, iPhone SE (2nd generation), 8, 7, or 6, Press and hold the side button until the power-off slider appears and Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. Now to trun on your device, press and hold the side button until you see the Apple logo.
Once you reboot your computer and iphone, check if you can establish a connection between the iPhone and your Windows 11 computer.
Trust this computer on iPhone
The next thing you need to ensure your iPhone is unlocked and given necessary permissions to your iPhone to connect and sync with windows 11 PC.
- While connect iPhone to windows 11 PC make sure to unlock your iPhone,
- If your first time connect iPhone to windows 11 PC a message prompt on your iPhone Trust This computer? Make sure to tap on Trust, and enter your iPhone passcode to establish a connection between the two devices.
- Well if you ignore the message or choose Don’t Trust your computer doesn’t recognize your iPhone or iPad.
If the iphone is locked, you will miss this notification, and your iPhone may not be recognized by Windows 11 PC.
Note – If Troust this computer alert not showing on your iPhone open settings and Tap on General. Now you need to tap on Reset, then Reset location & Privacy to fix the issue.
Running an older version of iTunes app could be the reason why Windows 11 not recognizing iPhone. Lets update the iTunes app with latest version from Microsoft store.
Apple regularly updates the iTunes app to improve its reliability and stability.
- Open Microsoft Store app on your computer,
- Click on the Library icon near the bottom-left corner.
- Here check if any pending app update there, or you can click on Get updates button to run a scan and view all the available ones.
- Look If an update for iTunes is available, download it.
Note – If you have used standalone installer to install iTunes app on your computer, to update the app click on the Help menu and select Check for Updates.
Update windows 11
In addition check and install latest windows 11 updates on your computer that may have bug fix for this problem .
- Press windows key + X and select settings,
- Nevigate windows update then hit check for updates button,
- If pending updates there, allow them download and install on your computer,
- Once done reboot your PC to apply the changes,
Now check if Windows 11 recognize your iPhone, and a connection should be established right away.
Repair or reinstall iTunes
iTunes app is the only way to connect and sync iPhone with windows 11 PC. But Problem with iTunes app or incorrect settings could be the reason why iPhone Not Connecting to Windows 11 PC. You can use the built-in Repair tool that helps you repair the app if it’s not working correctly.
Repair iTunes app
- Press windows key + X and select installed apps,
- Here locate iTunes, click three dots ellipsis then modify,
- On the next prompt, select Repair and click Next, and follow on screen instructions.
- Now try connecting iPhone to the Windows computer again.
If the repair option didnt help then try uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Press windows key + X and select Installed apps,
- Click the three dots icon next to iTunes and select Uninstall.
- Now open microsoft store, search for iTunes app and install it.
If you have used standalone installer to install iTunes app, Open control panel then programs and features option using appwiz.cpl Now uninstall the following programs.
- Apple Software Update
- Apple Mobile Device Support
- Apple Application Support 32/64 bit
Now reboot your PC and reinstall the iTunes app on your computer and check if this helps fix the problem.
Outdated drivers could be the reason for this problem. If above solutiosn didnt fix the problem, still windows didnt recognize iPhone, you need to update iphone driver and try connect your phone.
- Press windows key + X and select device manager,
- Expand portable devices, right-click on your iPhone, and then click on Update Driver.
- Next, click on Search automatically for drivers to automatically update the drivers from the internet.
User Recommended solution
Few users mention the iTunes app glitch prevent Windows 11 Recognizing iPhone. If you have iTunes app installed from Microsoft store, uninstall it and restart your PC. Next download the iTunes installer from apple official site and install it on your computer. Now try connect iPhone with windows 11 PC.
- In addition open windows services using services.msc and locate Apple mobile Device service make sure this service is running status.
- Next right click on Apple mobile Device service select restart option
- Well if the service not running, Double click on Apple mobile Device service to open its properties,
- Here change its startup type automatic and start the service next to service status.
Did above solutions help fix Windows 11 not Recognizing iPhone problem? Let us know on comments below.
- How to Fix Windows 10 Doesn’t Recognize Android Phone
- Fix Error USB Device Not Recognized error code 43 on windows 10
- iTunes won’t open on Windows 11 or 10? Here 5 Solutions to fix
- How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows Computer without iTunes
- Windows 11 printer sharing not working after update (7 solutions)
- Solved: Images not Loading in Chrome browser windows 11