Recently Microsoft has released a new Windows 11 preview build 22504 for insider users and is now available for download to all dev and beta channels. The latest update brings minor changes and improvements to the operating system. Also, added 13 themes for the touch keyboard to the other input experiences, the ability to personalize emojis based on the face and skin tones of family members and more. windows 11 Build 22504 also contains visual tweaks, new Look for “Your Phone” App and a laundry list of fixes for issues that have been plaguing Windows 11 users. Here in this post, we have listed the complete list of changes that windows 11 build 22504 brings.
What’s new Windows 11 build 22504?
With today’s update, Microsoft expand the 13 touch keyboard themes to other input experiences, including IMEs, the emoji panel, and voice typing. Head to the Settings > Personalization > Text Input section to find the feature.
In addition, with the latest windows 10 build 22504 the new emoji panel getting support for new emojis based on the face and skin tones of family members. You can open the emoji panel and try Windows 11’s new style by searching for keywords like family, couple, holding hands, or kissing.
Both features are being tested on a limited basis, so not everyone will see these options yet.
The mute icon introduced on the previous build, you can now use a keyboard shortcut to activate it. Windows 11 Build 22504 introduces a keyboard shortcut to toggle the mute functionality, Alt + Win + K.
Microsoft improving the search quality of emoji in Portuguese and Polish.
There’s also an update for the .NET Framework, adding native support for ARM64 devices
Microsoft noted The touch indicator would be now turned off by default under Settings > Accessibility > Mouse pointer and touch on new installs.
On small devices with 11-inch screen and under, apps will now launch maximized by default if you use the device in the tablet posture.
Adjusted the context menu highlight color in places like Task Manager and File Explorer’s “Show more options” to now align with your selected mode (light or dark).
In addition, with this build, Microsoft has addressed over a dozen bugs with the operating system relating to Input, Windowing, and the Settings app.
After the update you may experience, The Start Menu’s recommended section should now display icons correctly.
Resolve a bug causing explorer.exe crash in recent builds if there were issues loading the battery icon in the Taskbar.
Keyboard lights (for example, for caps lock) should work properly again
Fixed an issue that was causing the kaomoji list in WIN + . to be blank when accessed while using a Chinese IME.
Fixed an issue with the emoji panel search results that could lead to a single gif being displayed repeatedly with certain queries.
Addressed an issue with brightness and volume sliders in Quick Settings
Fix a bug preventing Adjusting active hours from being set to manually.
- This build may fail to install on some devices with error code, 0x80070002. If you are also experiencing similar issue the company recommends reboot your PC and try again.
- Some devices may roll back with error code 0xc1900101-0x4001c when installing this build.
- You might be unable to enter text when using Search from Start or the Taskbar.
- Hovering your mouse back and forth between different desktops in Task View will result in the displayed thumbnails and content area unexpectedly shrinking.
- Clicking the Search icon on the Taskbar, the Search panel may not open.
Get more info about Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 22504.
Windows 11 system requirement
Unlike Windows 10, which is specially designed to run on older hardware, windows 11 require relatively new hardware and does not install on older computer. Windows 11 also require a hardware security component called Trusted Platform Module (TPM), along with UEFI firmware (no legacy BIOS allowed) and Secure Boot.
Microsoft official recommends the following system requirements for install the latest windows 11.
- 8th-gen core CPU and newer, along with AMD Ryzen 2000 chips and up. ARM, Qualcomm Snapdragon 850, Snapdragon 8cx Gen 2, and newer are also supported.
- At least 4GB of system memory (RAM).
- At least 64GB of available storage.
- A graphics processor that is compatible with DirectX 12 and Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) 2.0 or greater.
- A monitor or display with at least 720 dots per inch resolution.
- TPM – Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
Download Windows 11 build 22504
The update is available to download in dev and beta insider channel. If you have already enrolled windows 11 beta or dev channel head over to settings then Update & security. Click on windows update then check for the Updates button to download and install Windows 11 build 22504 on your device. You need to reboot your system apply the changes.
If you are looking for the latest Windows 11 ISO, get it from here.
Download Windows 11 build 22504 ISO
If you prefer, you can also perform a clean install of the latest Windows 11 Insider Preview by downloading the ISO directly from Microsoft via this link.
Also, you can download any Windows Insider preview builds, Include Windows 11 build 22504 ISO using UUPDump. If you are looking to download Windows 11 build 22504 ISO file follow the steps below.
- First, open UUP Dump official page here, then click on the downloads tab,
- Select the Windows 11 insider preview build 22504 (co_release) 64, Then use the language drop-down menu to select the installation language,
- Click the next button then checkmark on the editions to include in the Windows 11 ISO file (refer to the image below)
- Click next and the download and convert to ISO option then click on create download package to save the tool on your device.
- Locate the zip file (download file/folder), and extract it using winrar.
- Now Right-click the uup_download_windows.cmd batch file and select the Run as administrator option.
- Click on the more info option then click the run anyway button to begin the download process. The download time depends on system configuration and internet speed.
- Once the Windows 11 ISO is downloaded use third-party tools like Rufus to create a bootable media and install windows 11 on your device.
- Run Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool To Fix Memory Problems
- Google Chrome Slow, Not perform well on Windows 10? Try these solutions
- Introduction of Password Manager App and its benefits
- Complete Laptop Buying Guide – Specifications of a Good Laptop
- How to fix cannot start print spooler 1068 windows 10