Having problems playing youtube videos on your browser and presented with an Audio Renderer error message? Even you try to play a different video using a build-in video player or youtube video on a different browser, encounter the “Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer” message on the screen. The most common reason for this issue is a faulty connection, Incorrect sound settings or a problem with the audio driver. If Windows 10 computer does not play any video or audio file, and the following “Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer” occurs when playing a YouTube video, apply solutions listed below to fix the problem.
Audio renderer error windows 10
First of all, restart your computer and see if that makes the problem go away.
If audio renderer error only happens with YouTube video, then Try clearing browser cache files then retry the video.
For a few windows users, unplugged headphones and plugged them back in and the problem was gone.
Disconnect second audio playback device
If you have connected more than one audio playback device such as speaker and headphone or Connected a headphone and a Bluetooth speaker, there might chance of getting The Audio renderer error while playing a youtube video. We recommend disconnect or unplug the second audio playback device and check if YouTube can play audio without any error.
Run playing audio troubleshooter
Another potential fix that might help you fix the “Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.” error is to run the built-in audio troubleshooter. It’s a built-in utility that essentially contains a collection of repair strategies for common audio related problems that treat many common audio problems on windows 10.
- Right-click on the Windows 10 start menu select settings,
- Click update & security the troubleshoot
- You can also press Windows + R, type ms-settings:troubleshoot and click ok to open the same screen.
- Click on the Additional troubleshooter link (refer image below)
- locate and select playing audio, then click on run troubleshooter,
- This will start the diagnose process, select the device with which you’re encountering the “Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer” and follow on-screen instructions.
- Once done, reboot your PC and check if the Audio renderer error is resolved or not.
Restart Your Audio Driver
Sometimes due to a temporary glitch or bug, Windows 10 OS may occupy some dynamic system files which may affect your audio device performance and cause the error. Well Restarting the audio driver could help release the occupied system files and fix the audio problem in windows 10
- Right-click on the win 10 start menu select Device Manager.
- This will display all installed device driver list, expand the Sound, video and game controllers option.
- Here you should find the driver of your audio device. Right-click on that, and select Disable device.
- After confirming the change, reboot your PC
- Again open device manager and locate audio driver this time right-click on the same device, and select Enable device.
Now check if the issue has been resolved that was previously triggering the “Audio renderer error. Please restart your computer.” error.
Roll Back the audio driver
If the problem started after the windows 10 20H2 update or audio driver update, uninstall or roll back the audio driver following the steps below.
- Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc and click to open device manager,
- expand the Sound, video and game controllers option, Right-click on the driver of your audio device select properties,
- Move to the driver tab, look if the Rollback driver option available,
- if yes, click on it and follow on-screen instructions to revert the audio driver to the previous version.
- Reboot your device and check if the audio renderer error has been resolved.
Reinstall Your Audio Driver
Again corrupted or outdated versions of the audio driver can cause this audio renderer error on your device. If the above solutions fail to fix “audio renderer error. please restart your computer” try to reinstall the audio driver following the steps below.
- Press Windows key + X and choose the Device Manager.
- Locate the Sound, video and game controllers section and expand it.
- Right-click on the Audio driver select uninstall the device,
- Checkmark on delete the driver software for this device, and click uninstall When ask for confirmation.
- And follow the prompts to finish the process, Once done reboot your device.
- On the next start, the audio driver will be reinstalled automatically. or visit the device manufacturer’s website to download and install the latest audio driver on your PC.
- Now try to play any video on YouTube to check whether any error message comes up or not.
Change The Audio Format
Several users on the Microsoft forum have reported that they fixed the “audio renderer error, Please restart your computer” error message by changing the audio format only. You can try to change the audio format on Windows 10 by following steps.
- Right-click on the speaker icon and choose ‘Sounds. ‘
- under the playback tab, you will see all connected playback devices.
- You have to double click on the active playback device to open its properties,
- Now head to the Advanced tab and change the audio format. You can try ’16bit, 44100 HZ (CD quality)’. You can try any of them.
Disable the Hardware Acceleration
Again Some affected users have reported Disable the Hardware Acceleration option on the web browser helps them get rid of this Audio renderer error on YouTube. Therefore, you should disable hardware acceleration by following these steps:
To disable Hardware Acceleration on Google Chrome:
- Open chrome settings chrome://settings/
- Scroll down until locate Advanced settings expend it,
- Here toggle off the “Use hardware acceleration when available” option under the System section.
- After doing this, restart Google Chrome.
To disable Hardware Acceleration on Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the Mozilla Firefox application and go to the Menu section.
- Choose the Options from the menu list, navigate to the General section and then untick the box next to the “Use hardware acceleration when available” button under the Performance section.
- Now, restart the Mozilla Firefox application.
Did these solutions help fix the audio renderer error, please restart your computer on windows 10? Let us know on comments below,
- Solved: Bluetooth Headset not showing in playback devices windows 10
- 5 ways to fix sound not working “audio device is disabled” on windows 10
- Solved: No sound for YouTube Videos in Windows 10 PC (Updated 2020)
- Microsoft Edge won’t play YouTube videos on windows 10? Here how to fix
- Solved: Computer randomly restarts while playing games windows 10