Solved: Bluetooth Headset not showing in playback devices windows 10
Did you experienced Bluetooth device not working or Bluetooth device is paired with the windows 10 PC but is not connected Or Bluetooth headset connected but not showing in playback devices windows 10? Tried un-pairing and pairing the Bluetooth device But still its not working And update Bluetooth device results error: Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your device(The system cannot find the file specified).
Bluetooth depends on both hardware and software to work properly. So if your devices can’t speak a common Bluetooth language, they won’t be able to connect. And mostly Bluetooth connectivity problems mostly caused by software conflicts and problematic driver. Whatever the reason here some solutions you may apply to fix Bluetooth Headset not showing in playback devices, Bluetooth device Paired but Not Connected, Bluetooth device not working etc on windows 10.
Post Contents :-
Fix Bluetooth device Paired but Not Connected
If you are getting the problem with Bluetooth headset (headphone) First of all, check if the headset devices is in disabled state.
1. Type sound on start menu search and press enter key.
2. Here under Playback devices. Right click on empty space of sound setting Window, click on Show disabled devices.
3. Check if the devices is present in the list.
4. Right click on the headset device and click on enable.
Make sure you have installed the latest windows updates on your system. As with every Windows 10 cumulative update, Microsoft pushes Bug fixes, May the latest windows update address the issue. You can check and install latest windows updates from settings -> update & security -> windows update -> check for update.
We also suggest running the System File Checker tool to scan and repair missing or corrupted system files. Which may be causing the conflict between installed device drivers.
Run Bluetooth troubleshooter
Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter To check and identify if the Bluetooth device itself causing the issue. And run the Bluetooth troubleshooter to scan and fix the problems preventing Bluetooth device to connect and work properly.
- Type troubleshoot in the start menu search bar and select it.
- On Troubleshoot window scroll down and look for Hardware And Device.
- Select and Run the Troubleshooter to let windows check and fix problems with Device and hardware.
- After completing the troubleshooting process select Bluetooth on the Same window and Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to let the troubleshooter check and fix problems preventing Bluetooth device working properly.
- After complete, the troubleshooting process restart windows and check Bluetooth device related problem resolved.
Restart Bluetooth Support Service
If you’ve done that already, restart the Bluetooth Support Service:
- Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type services.msc.
- Press Enter.
- Locate and right-click on Bluetooth Support Service.
- Click Restart.
- Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties and ensure that the startup type is Automatic
Also, can you see the Bluetooth speaker device from Devices and Printers? If yes, right-click on it and select Properties, click on Services tab and make sure that all Bluetooth services are enabled.
Update or Reinstall Bluetooth Device Driver
Press Windows + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialogue box and press Enter. Once in the device manager, expand the category of “Bluetooth”. Your Bluetooth hardware will be listed here. Right-click on it and select “Uninstall”. Restart windows to completely remove the Bluetooth driver.
Now on next login open device manager, click on Action and select “Scan for hardware changes”. Your computer will now scan the all the hardware connected. After it comes across the Bluetooth hardware, it will automatically install the default drivers.
Connect your Bluetooth device and check its working? If not let’s reinstall the Bluetooth device.
To do this, right click on windows 10 start menu, select Device Manager.
Expand Bluetooth andUninstall the Bluetooth driver.
Download the latest Bluetooth driver from device manufacturer website and install it.
After installing the required driver, reboot your computer. Completely un-pair your device and pair it again. And check the Bluetooth device started working properly?
Did these solutions help to fix Bluetooth device not working, Bluetooth Headset not showing in playback devices on windows 10? Let us know which option worked for you. Also, Read How to fix sound not working “audio device is disabled” on windows 10