With default settings when the Bluetooth option is turned on the blue tooth icon appears on the system tray of the taskbar or the notification area of Windows 10 And it allows quickly access to Bluetooth settings, Add a new Bluetooth device or send and receive files. However, some of windows users complain Bluetooth Icon Missing From System Tray. Some other complaints, Bluetooth spoil after the windows 10 update and can’t connect Bluetooth with any device. This problem usually occurs if the Bluetooth driver on your computer missing, corrupted or it could be Bluetooth settings issue. Here how to restore the missing Bluetooth icon to the notification area on Windows 10.
Bluetooth Icon Missing In Windows 10
for general information, the Bluetooth icon will only appear in the System Tray when the Bluetooth option is enabled. That’s why we recommend just check whether Bluetooth is turned on or not.
Turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10
The easiest and quick way to enable or disable Bluetooth is from the action center,
Press Windows key + A to open action center, On the list of Quick actions, press the Bluetooth button to turn it on.
Also, you can enable disable Bluetooth from Settings followings the steps below.
- Press Windows key + I to open settings,
- Click on devices than Bluetooth & other devices,
- now Turn the Bluetooth Toggle to On position.
- If the Bluetooth is option is already enabled, then Try switching the Bluetooth off and then switch it back to on position.
- Now check the Bluetooth icon should now appear in the system tray
Enable Bluetooth icon from Bluetooth settings
There are chances, Bluetooth Icon Missing From System Tray because the system tray icon of Bluetooth has been disabled under Bluetooth settings. Let’s Enable the Bluetooth icon following the steps below.
- Again open settings using windows key + I,
- Click on devices than Bluetooth & other devices and click the More Bluetooth options link.
- Click on the Options tab and select “Show the Bluetooth icon in the notification area.
- Click on Apply and you are good to go.
Check Bluetooth service status
This is another most common reason why Bluetooth Icon Missing From System Tray.
- Press Windows key + R, type services.msc and click ok
- This will open the windows service console, Scroll down and locate Bluetooth support service,
- If the service is running state, simply right-click on it select restart,
- If the service is not started yet, then right-click on Bluetooth support service select properties,
- Change the startup type Automatic and start the service next to service status.
- Click apply and ok to make save changes, Restart your computer then check if it’s working.
Run Bluetooth troubleshooter
Run the build-in Bluetooth troubleshooter that automatically diagnose and ensure that the Bluetooth hardware is not malfunctioning.
- Click on the windows 10 start menu and select settings,
- Select Update & security then Troubleshoot
- Click on the additional troubleshooter link (refer image below)
- Now Scroll down to Bluetooth select it and click run the troubleshooter,
This will stat diagnose the problem, let the process complete once done reboot your PC and check the status of your problem, Bluetooth missing on windows 10.
Reinstall Bluetooth driver
Still need help, its time to look at the Bluetooth driver, may you have an outdated Bluetooth driver installed on your computer or the driver corrupted missing. Reinstall the Bluetooth driver probably help restore the missing Bluetooth icon on windows 10.
- Press Windows key + X Click Device Manager
- This will display all installed device driver list
- Expand Bluetooth Right-click each entry then click Properties
- Select the driver tab, click Rollback if it’s not grayed out.
- If it is grayed out, right click Bluetooth driver then click uninstall
- Restart your computer then check if it’s working again.
Or visit the device manufacturer website such as if you have a dell laptop, then visit the dell support site to download and install the latest Bluetooth driver for your device model.
- How To Check Bluetooth Version On Windows 10, 8.1 and 7
- Solved: Bluetooth not available on this device windows 10 version 2004
- Solved: Bluetooth Headset not showing in playback devices windows 10
- 9 Reasons why windows 10 computer running slow and how to speed up it?
- Fix Error One or More Network Protocols are Missing on This Computer