Windows 10 frequently restarts with MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION BSOD error after installing the latest updates? Or due to this Windows 10 BSOD loop system fails to start normally? The stop code machine check exception bug check value 0x0000009C indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred, because of driver incompatibility between windows and hardware devices. Also, corrupted system files, hardware failure or memory problems cause this machine check exception windows 10.
If you are also struggling with this Windows 10 BSOD, here are some effective solutions apply to fix machine_check_exception on windows 10.
machine check exception windows 10
First of all Disconnect all external devices, and restart windows. Check if this helps start windows normally.
If due to this BSOD loop, the System restarts frequently, then we need windows installation media to access advanced options and perform Startup repair. That scan and fix problems prevent windows start normally. In case if you don’t have, check how to create windows 10 Bootable media from here.
- Insert the installation DVD or USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
- On the ‘Windows Setup’ page, select the language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
- Click on ‘Repair your computer and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘Automatic Repair’ and select the operating system.
Note: You might also require to change the boot priority in BIOS in order to allow the computer to boot from CD/DVD.
Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.
Boot into Safe mode
If startup repair fails to fix the problem, then boot into safe mode and start Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. It can help you troubleshoot problems on your PC. Let’s start Start your PC in safe mode with networking and apply the troubleshooting steps below to get rid of this Windows 10 Blue screen machine_check_exception.
Update the Display driver
Now when your PC starts on safe mode, the first thing you have to do, update or reinstall the display driver.
- Press Windows + X select device manager, and expand Display adapters.
- Right-click the display driver and click Update Driver Software.
- Select Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.
- Follow on-screen instructions to let windows check for and install the latest driver software.
Reinstall Display Driver
If the issue persists, I would suggest you uninstall and reinstall the Display driver. To do this
- Open Device Manager.
- Expand Display adapters.
- Right-click the display card driver and click Uninstall.
- Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click OK to remove the driver.
- After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible.
- The computer will load the generic display drivers.
Or go to the manufacturer’s website, download and install the compatible display card drivers for your computer and check.
Also, try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
To install the drivers in compatibility mode:
- Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties
- Select Compatibility Tab
- Place a checkmark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list
- Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
Restart windows and check if windows start normally without any BSOD error.
Disable fast boot windows 10
- Open control panel,
- Search for and select “Power options”.
- Click “Choose what the power buttons do” on the left side of the window.
- Click “Change settings that are currently unavailable.”
- Under “Shutdown settings” make sure “Turn on fast startup” is unchecked.
Check for system file corruption
Corrupted, missing system files also, especially after Windows 10 upgrade mostly causes different blue screen at startup. Run DISM RestoreHealth command and system file checker utility that scan and restore missing files with the correct one.
- To do this open command prompt as administrator,
- type DISM command and hit enter key : DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
- Wait for 100% complete the scanning process,
- After that run, SFC utility command sfc /scannow press enter key.
- This will scan the System for missing files, and restore them with the correct ones from %WinDir%\System32\dllcache
- Restart windows after complete the scanning process, and check there is no more BSOD at startup.
Check CPU and Power Supply Fans
Sometimes, Your PC or laptop’s fans may be stuck due to dust. In that case, Your PC may become overheated. Then, Any user may face this BSOD. In that case, You can open your CPU and then switch the power button ON and see if the fans are OK. Sometimes, You may find that fans are very slow or stuck. In that case, You will need to clean them or replace them with a new one. After doing it, You should not face “machine_check_exception” again.
Clean RAM Or Graphic Card slots
Also sometimes Due to Dust on RAM and Graphic Card slots you may face No Screen or Different Blue Screen Errors on your windows computer. As the Hardware Troubleshooting part we strongly suggest removing the Installed RAM, Graphic Card (if installed) and clean the slots with a soft cloth and attach the memory / Graphic as it is. Also, Check SATA Cable And Power Cable Are attached properly to Hard Disk Drive.
This error can also be caused by an overloaded internal or external power supply, in which case the solution to the problem would be to upgrade the power supply that is being overloaded.
After performing the above Steps now Close your Computer Cabinet Attach only the power cable, and VGA cable with the keyboard & mouse Let’s Turn on your Computer Started Normally.
Did these solutions help to fix machine_check_exception windows 10? Let us know on the comments below, also read:
- Fix your pc needs to be repaired error 0xc0000225 on windows 10
- Solved: Bluetooth not available on this device windows 10 version 1803
- Fix VIDEO DXGKRNL FATAL ERROR BSOD On Windows 10
- Solved: An operating system wasn’t found on Windows 10/8.1/7
- Solved: USB Keyboard/Mouse not working after windows update