Getting “Err connection was reset” error while connecting to internet and browser fails to load web pages. Especially users report after recent windows 10 upgrade internet not working web browser fails to load websites “This site can’t be reached the connection was reset”. None of the websites loading and this happens on all browsers: Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and IE.
This site can’t be reached The connection was reset. Try: Reloading the page Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
Post Contents :-
This site can’t be reached the connection was reset
There is a various reason that causes This site can’t be reached “the connection was reset’. Browser cache and cookies, Incorrect network configuration, proxy server, old registry, firewall, and antivirus block the connection etc. Whatever the reason here some solutions you may apply to get rid of this err_connection_reset on windows 10.
First of all, Check your Wi-Fi power cycle and internet connection cable. You can unplug the power and internet connection cable for 5 minutes then connect the cable properly. This will fix the problem if any temporary gitch causing the issue.
Install a good antivirus software with the latest updates and perform a full system scan to check and make sure virus and malware infection not causing the issue.
Also, Install and run free third-party system optimizer like Ccleaner to clean up browser history, Internet cache, cookies include temp files, memory dump etc. And run the registry cleaner option to repair corrupted registry problems. After that restart windows and check internet connection working.
Make sure Chrome is updated. Click the Chrome menu, then Help and select About Google Chrome. Chrome will check for updates and click Relaunch to apply any available update.
Also if the problem occurs only Chrome browser try Reset Chrome Browser its default settings. To do this Click the Chrome menu, then select Settings, Show advanced settings and under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
Run Network adapter troubleshooter
Run the network adapter troubleshooter, and let windows to check and fix basic network configuration related problems. To do this:
- Click on start menu search type troubleshoot and press enter.
- Here scroll down and look for Network adapter.
- Click on it and run the troubleshooter
Follow onscreen instructions to let Network troubleshooter find and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters. After that restart windows and check internet connection reset issue resolved. if not fallow next instruction.
Check Your Proxy Settings
By default, Google Chrome is using the sock/proxy settings of your computer as its own settings. It does not have any built-in sock/proxy settings like in Mozilla Firefox. So if you had used any proxies before and forgot to turn off it in the LAN configuration of your computer, it may be a cause that can cause this error.
- Press Windows Key + R type “inetcpl.cpl” and hit enter to open Internet Properties.
- Next, Go to Connections tab and select LAN settings.
- Uncheck Use a Proxy Server for your LAN and make sure “Automatically detect settings” is checked.
- Click Ok then Apply and reboot your PC.
Reset Network configuration
Lets Reset Network configuration to its default setup to check and make sure any incorrect network configuration not causing the issue. To do this simply open command prompt as administrator and perform command below.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
After execute all commands restart windows to take effect the changes. Now on next login check internet connection working properly. There is no more err_connection_reset error on google chrome. Still, need help try next solution.
Switch to Google’s DNS Server
- Open the Run dialog box by using the Windows logo key + R key combination. Then type “ncpa.cpl” in it and click OK in order to open the network connections window.
- Here look for the active network adapter (which one currently connected), Right click and select properties.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Locate Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- Set Preferred DNS server to be 18.104.22.168
- Set Alternate DNS server to be 22.214.171.124
- Checkmark on Validate settings upon exit, Ok and apply to make save changes.
Note: That’s Google’s public DNS server addresses. There are other free alternatives you can research but these ones usually provide the best results.
After making these changes, let’s open the web browser and visit any web page let us know this helps? there is no more “This site can’t be reached err_connection_reset’ error.
Reinstall Network adapter driver
If all the above solutions fail to fix them there may be something wrong with your network adapter and its driver. you must try to update the network adapter driver/ Or reinstall with latest driver version.
- Press Windows key + X and click on Device manager.
- Locate for Network adaptor and click on it expand it.
- Right click on the device and click on uninstall.
- Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.
- Or visit device manufacturer website, Download and install the latest available driver on your PC.
Note: If using Laptop simply visit Laptop manufacturer website (HP, Dell, Lenovo, ASUS etc), And if you have a Desktop computer visit Motherboard manufacturer website and download the latest available network driver.
Pro Tip: Open Device Manager and locate your network adapter under the “Network Adapters” section. Right click on its icon and click Properties. From here navigate to the “Power Management” tab. Uncheck the box that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
After reinstall the driver Restart windows and check this helps to fix this site can’t be reached the connection was reset or Err_Connection_Reset Chrome Browser Error In Windows 10/8.1/7.
Let us know these solutions help to fix err_connection_reset chrome error? Which option worked for you, also read