Getting “Err connection was reset” error while connecting to the internet and browser fails to load web pages. Especially users report after recent windows 10 upgrade internet not working web browser fails to load websites “This site can’t be reached the connection was reset”. None of the websites loading and this happens on all browsers: Edge, Chrome, Firefox, and IE.
This site can’t be reached The connection was reset. Try: Reloading the page Checking the connection Checking the proxy and the firewall ERR_CONNECTION_RESET
- 1 net err_connection_reset chrome
net err_connection_reset chrome
Browser cache and cookies, Incorrect network configuration, proxy server or firewall may block the connection are some common reasons cause This site can’t be reached “the connection was reset’. Whatever the reason here are some solutions you may apply to get rid of this net err_connection_reset on windows 10.
Restart Router and check network connectivity
Check and make sure, your cables are connected properly either to your PC or your router. Restart your Laptop and router once and if you are connected to a WiFi network, take the laptop closer to the WiFi router.
Check For virus and malware infection
Install good antivirus software with the latest updates and perform a full system scan to check and make sure virus and malware infections not causing the issue.
Also, Install and run free third-party system optimizers like Ccleaner to clean up browser history, Internet cache, cookies including temp files, memory dump etc. In addition, run the registry cleaner option to repair corrupted registry problems. After that restart windows and check the internet connection working.
Make sure Chrome is updated. Click the Chrome menu, then Help and select About Google Chrome. Chrome will check for updates and click Relaunch to apply any available update.
Also if the problem occurs only in the Chrome browser try Reset Chrome Browser in its default settings. To do this click the Chrome menu, then select Settings, Show advanced settings and under the section “Reset settings,” click Reset settings.
Run Internet troubleshooter
Run the Internet connection troubleshooter, and let windows check and fix basic network configuration-related problems that might prevent connection to the internet or to websites. To do this:
- Press Windows key + S, type troubleshoot then select troubleshoot settings,
- Click on the addition troubleshooters link, select internet connection then click run the troubleshooter,
- Follow onscreen instructions to let the troubleshooter find and fix problems with wireless and other network adapters.
- After that restart windows and check the internet connection reset issue is resolved. if not follow the next instructions.
Check Your Proxy Settings
By default, Google Chrome is using the sock/proxy settings of your computer as its own settings. It does not have any built-in sock/proxy settings like in Mozilla Firefox. So if you had used any proxies before and forgot to turn off it in the LAN configuration of your computer, it may be a cause that can cause this error.
- Press Windows Key + R type “inetcpl.cpl” and hit enter to open Internet Properties.
- Next, Go to the Connections tab and select LAN settings.
- Uncheck Use a Proxy Server for your LAN and make sure “Automatically detect settings” is checked.
- Click Ok then Apply and reboot your PC.
Reset Network configuration
Let’s Reset Network configuration to its default setup to check and make sure any incorrect network configuration not causing the issue. To do this simply open the command prompt as administrator and perform the command below.
- netsh winsock reset
- netsh int ip reset
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
After execute all commands restart windows to take effect the changes. Now on the next login check the internet connection working properly. There is no more net err_connection_reset error on google chrome. Still, need help try the next solution.
Switch to Google’s DNS Server
- Open the Run dialog box by using the Windows logo key + R key combination. Then type “ncpa.cpl” in it and click OK in order to open the network connections window.
- Here look for the active network adapter (which one is currently connected), Right-click and select properties.
- Double-click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).
- Locate Use the following DNS server addresses option.
- Set Preferred DNS server to be 188.8.131.52
- Set Alternate DNS server to be 184.108.40.206
- Checkmark on Validate settings upon exit, Ok and apply to make save changes.
Note: That’s Google’s public DNS server address. There are other free alternatives you can research but these ones usually provide the best results.
After making these changes, let’s open the web browser and visit any web page let us know this helps? there is no more “This site can’t be reached err_connection_reset’ error.
Reinstall Network Adapter driver
If all the above solutions fail to fix them there may be something wrong with your network adapter and its driver. you must try to update the network adapter driver/ Or reinstall with the latest driver version.
- Press Windows key + X and click on Device manager.
- Locate for Network adaptor and click on it to expand it.
- Right-click on the device and click on uninstall.
- Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic network adapter driver.
- Or visit the device manufacturer website, download and install the latest available driver on your PC.
Note: If using Laptop simply visit the Laptop manufacturer’s website (HP, Dell, Lenovo, ASUS etc), And if you have a Desktop computer visit the Motherboard manufacturer website and download the latest available network driver.
Pro Tip: Open Device Manager and locate your network adapter under the “Network Adapters” section. Right-click on its icon and click Properties. From here navigate to the “Power Management” tab. Uncheck the box that says “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
After reinstall the driver Restart windows and check this helps to fix this site can’t be reached the connection was reset or Err_Connection_Reset Chrome Browser Error In Windows 10/8.1/7.
Let us know these solutions help to fix err_connection_reset chrome error? Which option worked for you, also read