Starting May 18, 2021, Windows 10 version 21H1 update is officially available for compatible devices. The latest Windows 10 feature update 21H1 delivered by way of an enablement package and it’s quicker to install. Users who have a compatible device can install windows 10 May 2021 update now. Well If you notice Your PC having after upgrading to Windows 10 21H1 (May 2021 Update) or you are not ready with the new version here step by step guide to uninstall Windows 10 version 21H1, May 2021 Update.
Uninstall Windows 10 version 21H1 Update
This feature update windows 10 21H1 is being rolled out as an enablement package for Windows 10 2004 and Windows 10 20H2. If you have upgraded your device from Windows 10 2004 or 20H2 you only need to uninstall the enablement package from the windows update.
For older versions of Windows 10 1909 and 1903, Windows 10 21H1 is a full package. To uninstall the 21H1 update or revert back to older windows 10 1909 you have to Go back to the previous version from recovery options on settings.
Uninstall Windows 10 21H1 from windows update
If you have upgraded your Windows 10 computer from version 2004 or 20H2 only you need to remove the windows 10 21H1 enablement package to roll back Windows 10 21H1 update.
Note: Following steps not applicable if you have upgraded windows 10 21H1 using a media creation tool or update assistant.
- Open Settings on Windows 10 using Windows key + I,
- Go to Update and security then click on view update history,
- Next click on Uninstall updates option,
- Next, locate and right-click on Feature Update to Windows 10 21H1 via Enablement Package (KB5000736) the select uninstall,
- Click yes when ask for confirmation and follow on-screen instructions.
- Once done reboot your computer, that’s all you have successfully uninstall Windows 10 version 21H1.
Note This way you can uninstall windows updates on windows 10 as well.
Uninstall Windows 10 21H1 using Command Prompt
Also, you can use the Windows command prompt to uninstall Windows 10 21H1. It’s applicable only if you have upgraded windows 10 21H1 from windows 10 2004 and 20H2.
This time Microsoft has released Windows 10 version 21H1 update via enablement package KB5000736. And we need to uninstall KB5000736 to revert back to older windows 10 version 20H2.
- Press Windows key + S, type cmd, from search results right click on command prompt select run as administrator,
- Type command wusa /uninstall /KB5000736 and hit enter key to display all updates that were installed recently.
- Type y and press enter if it prompts for confirmation and wait few minutes to complete the uninstallation.
- Once done reboot your system. That’s all.
Rollback Windows 10 21H1 Update
If you have upgraded windows 10 21H1 update from older windows 10 version 1909 and 1903 the full package installed on your PC. Following the above methods didn’t uninstall windows 10 version 21H1 update from your computer. You need to follow the recovery option on settings to downgrade Windows 10 21H1 update to version 1909.
Note: You need to perform this action within 10 days of upgrade to uninstall windows 10 21H1 update from your computer.
- Press Windows key + X and select settings,
- Go to Update and security the recovery,
- Now click on get started, under Go back to the previous version of windows 10
- Next Select a reason to uninstall version 21H1 then click the Next button.
- This will ask for install latest windows update click on the No, thanks button.
- The next screen prompt whatever the changes you have made after upgrade windows 10 21H1 update will be removed confirm the same and click next,
- Also, it will remind you need the previous User account password to login windows Click on next
- And finally, click the Go back to earlier build button to start the rollback process of windows 10 21H1.
Wait until complete the windows 10 downgrade process, Once done reboot your system.
- Feature update to windows 10 version 21H1 stuck at preparing to install
- 7 Tips To Maximize Battery Life on Windows 10 Laptops 2021 !!!
- How to Reduce high memory usage in Google chrome Windows 10
- Fix System And Compressed Memory High CPU Usage In Windows 10
- 7 ways to fix Windows 10 start menu not working or not responding