Today Microsoft has released a bunch of updates KB4494441, KB4499167, KB4499179 for every version of Windows 10. If you’re on the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, version 1803, you’re going to get KB4499167, which brings the build number to 17134.765. This is part of May 2019 patch update includes both security and non-security fixes. Also, there are some know issues as well that include
- Error “STATUS_BAD_IMPERSONATION_LEVEL (0xC00000A5)” when performing certain operations
- Issue with Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) to start a device from a Windows Deployment Services (WDS) server configured to use Variable Window Extension.
What’s New KB4499167 (OS Build 17134.765)
If you are already running Windows 10 1803, The latest update download and install automatically on your device. you can use winver command to check the build number.
Windows 10 Build 17134.755 changelog:
- Provides protections against a new subclass of speculative execution side-channel vulnerabilities, known as Microarchitectural Data Sampling, for 64-Bit (x64) versions of Windows (CVE-2018-11091, CVE-2018-12126, CVE-2018-12127, CVE-2018-12130).
- Adds “uk.gov” into the HTTP Strict Transport Security Top Level Domains (HSTS TLD) for Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.
- Addresses an issue that may cause “Error 1309” while installing or uninstalling certain types of .msi and .msp files on a virtual drive.
- Addresses an issue that prevents the Microsoft Visual Studio Simulator from starting.
- Addresses an issue that may cause zone transfers between primary and secondary DNS servers over the Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) to fail.
- Addresses an issue that may cause the text, layout, or cell size to become narrower or wider than expected in Microsoft Excel when using the MS UI Gothic or MS PGothic fonts.
- Security updates to Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows App Platform and Frameworks, Microsoft Graphics Component, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Windows Cryptography, Windows Datacenter Networking, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Virtualization, Windows Kernel, Windows Server, and the Microsoft JET Database Engine.
You can read the complete changelog for Windows 10 KB4499167 (OS Build 17134.765) from official Microsoft blog post here.
Also, there is new KB4499179 (OS Build 16299.1146) available for Windows 10 version 1709 and KB4499181 (OS Build 15063.1805) for Windows 10 version 1703 that Contains a subset of the fixes that went into the Windows 10 version 1803 update.
Note: These builds are no longer supported, organizations running the Enterprise or Education edition of Windows 10 1709 or 1703 only receive these updates.
If you are running latest Windows 10 version 1809, aka October 2018 Update your device receives update KB4494441.
Download Windows 10 KB4499167
You can install this update from Windows Update, and a system reboot will be required or you can force windows update to install the update.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type Windows Updates and select the result.
- Select “check for updates” on the page that opens to run the check.
Delta updates are also available on the Microsoft Update Catalog you can download them from below.
Windows 10 (version 1803)
- Download KB4499167 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803
Windows 10 (version 1709)
- Download KB4499179 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709
Windows 10 (version 1703)
- Download KB4499181 2019-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703
Note: Cumulative updates are essential for Windows 10 devices because installing the latest Updates comes not only with the most recent improvements prepared by Microsoft but also fixes previously-released issues and bugs. We recommend Installing The Cumulative updates ASAP available.
If you face difficulty while installing These updates, Check our Ultimate Windows Update Troubleshooting Guide.