Today (24/01/2019) Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 19H1 Preview build 18323 for Fast Ring Insiders with improvements to raw image support and the new Light theme. If you are a Windows Insider in the Fast ring, Latest Windows 10 build 18323 Automatically download and install automatically via windows update. Also, you can manually update to 19H1 build 18323 by going into Settings -> Update & Security -> Windows Update and then checking for new updates.
What’s new Windows 10 build 18323?
According to Windows insider blog, The latest 19H1 Preview build (Windows 10 1903) delivers a new Raw codec package to support Raw files from your camera natively, including thumbnails, previews, and camera metadata of previously unsupported raw files right in File Explorer.
“By downloading the new Raw Image Extension (Beta) package from the store, you can now view image thumbnails, previews, and camera metadata of previously unsupported raw files right in File Explorer. You can also view your raw images – at full resolution – in apps such as Photos or any other Windows app that uses Windows Imaging Component framework to decode raw images,” Microsoft explains.
Improvements on Windows 10 Light Theme
Microsoft previously ( With Windows 10 Build 18282) introduced the new light theme for windows 10. And today based on user feedback added some improvements to Light Theme.
- Fixed an issue where the text in the battery flyout might become unreadable in light theme due to it being white.
- We fixed an issue where the scrollbar in the network flyout wasn’t visible in light theme.
- We fixed an issue where the autoplay icon in the systray wasn’t visible in light theme.
- Also fixed an issue where impacting the network and volume icons in the notification area where after switching to light theme they wouldn’t update from white to black until explorer restarted.
- We fixed a similar issue where not all supported app icons in the taskbar would switch colors on the taskbar when switching between light and dark theme (particularly on the secondary monitor).
- We’ve made some adjustments to address issues where when using light theme white icons in notifications weren’t readable.
- The latest build updating the Settings icon to now be dark grey in the taskbar when light theme is enabled rather than black.
Beyond these two notable changes, Windows 10 build 18323 also includes a slew of fixes and several known issues. Here the complete list of improvements, fixes, and known issues for Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18323 at the Windows Blog.