Here is How to clear cache and cookies on All Major Browsers to help it run more efficiently on your computer.
Microsoft Edge browser more sluggish than you feel, webpages not loading correctly or can’t sign into online accounts? A corrupted cache can cause conflicts, and you need to Clear the browser cache and other information like cookies on Microsoft Edge to fix things and run the browser efficiently on your PC. This article explores what is browser cache and how to Clear Cache in Microsoft Edge.
Microsoft Edge stores temporary data such as cache and cookies to improve page loading times and provide a personalized browsing experience.
What is Browser cache in Microsoft Edge?
Microsoft Edge Browser cache and cookies are two crucial components of web browsing, enhancing performance and personalizing experiences.
The browser cache is a temporary storage area within your web browser where it stores copies of web pages, images, scripts, and other resources from websites you visit. Its primary purpose is to speed up page loading on subsequent visits by retrieving content from the cache instead of downloading it again from the web server.
Caching helps improve page load times, reduce server load, and save bandwidth.
And browser Cookies are small pieces of data that websites store on your device. They serve various functions, such as remembering login credentials, site preferences, shopping cart items, and enabling targeted advertising.
However, over time, accumulated cache and cookies can lead to performance issues or privacy concerns. Periodically Clear cache in Microsoft Edge is a good practice to maintain a healthy browser.
How to clear cache in Microsoft Edge
Over time Cached files can become corrupted, or Outdated cached data can slow down the browser performance, you may notice web pages not loading correctly or cause Microsoft Edge to glitch or crash. And you need to clear cache in Microsoft Edge to fix such problems, get fresh content, faster loading times, and keep the Edge browser running at peak performance.
In addition, Clearing cookies is necessary if you’re concerned about your online privacy.
To clear the cache on Microsoft Edge:
- Launch Microsoft Edge, Click on the three horizontal dots (ellipsis) in the top-right corner, and select “Settings.”
- Choose “Privacy, search, and services”, then click on “Choose what to clear” under the “Clear browsing data” heading.
- Alternatively, you can press Shirt + Ctrl + Del or type edge://settings/clearBrowserData on the address bar then press enter key.
- A new window will pop up, presenting several options for clearing data.
- Select the time range that suits your needs or select “All time” for a thorough cleanup.
- To clear both cache and cookies, make sure to check the boxes next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files.
- If you want to clear more data, you can select other options as well, and finally click on the “Clear now” button.
- Microsoft Edge will start clearing the cache and cookies according to your selections.
- Once done, close and reopen Microsoft Edge for the changes to take effect.
Note – The new Microsoft Edge (Chromium) is built on the same underlying technology as Google Chrome, therefor above steps are also applicable clear cache in Google Chrome as well.
Microsoft Edge clear cache for one site
Well If you want to clear cache for a specific site, Here is how to clear the cache for one site in Microsoft Edge.
- Open Microsoft Edge and navigate to the website for which you want to clear the cache.
- Press the F12 key on your keyboard or right-click anywhere on the webpage and select “Inspect” from the context menu. This will open the Developer Tools panel.
- Click on the “Network” tab and Check the “Disable cache” option. This will ensure that the cache is bypassed while the Developer Tools panel is open.
- Refresh the webpage by pressing F5 or Ctrl + R.
- Once the page reloads, the cache for that specific website should be bypassed, and you will see the most up-to-date content.
Clear Edge Cache Automatically
Also, you can use free optimization tools to clear the Edge cache automatically and keep your browser and your device running smoothly.
One such popular tool is CCleaner, developed by Piriform. CCleaner is a widely used system optimization and privacy tool that allows you to clean temporary files, including cache, cookies, and browsing history, from various web browsers, including Microsoft Edge. It offers both free and paid versions with additional features.
If you are still experiencing issues Reset Microsoft Edge browser can be useful.
Open edge settings, click Reset settings then Restore settings to their default values, and click the “Reset” button.
- Microsoft Edge not working after Windows 11 update
- How To Clear Cache on Windows 10 (7 Hidden Cache you must clear)
- If your livelihood depends on your laptop, do these 3 things today!
- How to Remove Watermark From Photo Online free
- 8 ways to Fix Unstable Internet Connection on PC/Laptop