Sometimes you may experience error “Configuration system failed to initialize” while trying to launch an application on your PC. This problem usually caused by some third-party application, when the system is unable to correctly launch any target application. Corrupted system files, Problems with any third-party applications, wrong configuration files are some common reason cause this issue, and uninstalling some application to change the configuration files help fix the error Configuration system failed to initialize on Windows 10.
If you are getting this error with .net framework it’s recommended to uninstall it and download and install the latest version from Microsoft’s official site.
Run System File Checker
This error usually caused becaused of bad configurations present on your computer. Lets try run the SFC scan and check if there are any integrity violations. If there are, we can run the DISM command to fix them.
- Open command prompt as administrator,
- Type command sfc /scannow and press the enterkey,
- This process may take some time as your entire windows files are being scanned by the computer and being checked for corrupt phases.
- Let the scanning process complete 100%, once doen restart your PC.
Note: If you encounter any error while running the system file checker where Windows states that it found some error but was unable to fix them Then run the dism command DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
This will download the corrupt files from the Windows update servers and replace the corrupt ones.
Perform a Clean Boot
Windows clean boot allow your computer to start with minimum of drivers and programs. And with only basic services enabled and all other services disabled, you can check if the application launched as normal.
- Press windows key + R, type msconfig and press enter key,
- Move to services tab, then check the box next to hide all microsoft services. all Microsoft related services will be disabled
- Then Click Disable all button this will disable all the third-party services.
- Click Apply to all the change, and ok.
- Now open taskmanager, and move to startup tab,
- Select each service one by one and click Disable button.
Finally restart your computer and check if the configuration system failed to initialize error message disappears.
Check your config file
Lets check if this error generated by the configuration files of microsoft framework.
- Press Windows key + E to open file explorer,
- Navigate to the following path. C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG
- Right-click on the config file of the application of which the error occurs and select Edit (You can use Notepad++ for a clearer view of the config file instead of using the default notepad).
- When the config file is open, check inside the configuration element, ensure the first child is configSections element.
If the error appears on your windows 10, the first child may probably isn’t configSections element inside the configuration element. Then you can remove the configuration element between <configuration> and <configSections>.
Save the changes on config file and close edit window. Check if the error still appears.
If nothing is working out for you, try to create a new local account on your computer and try to access the application again.
- Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware (Code 37)
- Fix bad system config info windows 10 Blue Screen Error 0x00000074
- Cant access web pages “Server DNS Address Could Not be Found”? Lets fix the problem
- Fix a Boot Configuration Data File is Missing Error 0xc0000034
- Avast won’t open in windows 10 (3 solutions to apply)