Getting bad pool header stop code 0x00000019 Blue Screen Error after Windows 10 update? Due to this BSOD error Windows 10 freezes and restart frequently? Don’t worry here this post we have different solutions to fix this problem. But before start lets understand the problem, What causing bad pool header on Windows 10.
On Windows Computer The bad pool header error refers to your computer’s memory pool. If you seeing this error on your PC, it means your machine is having trouble allocating enough memory to properly run an application, typically because the memory pool is corrupt. And the most common reasons for this Windows 10 Blue screen error are driver malfunction, disk-related problems, software conflicts, and hardware failure. Whatever the reason here we have different solutions apply to fix BAD POOL HEADER” Error in Windows 10, 8.1 and 7.
- 1 bad pool header windows 10
- 1.1 Remove External Devices
- 1.2 Boot your system into Safe Mode
- 1.3 Disable Fast Startup
- 1.4 Undo Recent Changes
- 1.5 Check for Virus/Malware Infection
- 1.6 Make sure your system has latest updates
- 1.7 Install the latest Device drivers
- 1.8 Disable Microsoft’s Indexing Service
- 1.9 Check for corrupted System files
- 1.10 Check Disk drive Errors
- 1.11 Perform System Restore
- 1.12 Tips To Avoid bad pool header
bad pool header windows 10
Note: Bellow solutions Are Also applicable on Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.
Remove External Devices
If you notice this Blue Screen problem started just after install Hard Ware device ( for ex : new printer, Scanner etc ) Then simply Remove the device and check error solved? If yes then check the device with a different computer or contact with the manufacturer. Also remove all external devices (printer, scanner, Extra graphics card ) and start windows normally to find out any external device cause the issue.
Boot your system into Safe Mode
If This blue Screen Frequently occurs at startup and you are unable to start windows normally to perform troubleshooting steps then we need to boot into safe mode. Where windows start with minimal system resources so that we can easily perform troubleshooting steps.
Note: If you are getting frequent blue screen error then boot into safe mode, Otherwise you can directly apply bellow solutions to fix bad pool header blue screen error.
Boot into Safe mode
On the Windows 7 computer, you can easily Boot into safe mode. Simply Reboot your PC and press f8 key before the Windows Logo Appears. The next screen you can see will be the Advance Boot option.
Now Use arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight the Safe Mode option. Press Enter and login to your user account.
But With Windows 10 and 8.1, The safe mode boot process is changed, you need to boot from installation media. Skip the first screen and click on repair this pc next navigate to Troubleshoot > Advance Options > Startup Settings. Now Simply Enable Safe Mode with networking by press F5 key. You can check different ways boot into safe mode and how to enable F8 safe mode on Windows 10
Disable Fast Startup
If you are Seeing this BSOD on after upgrading to Windows 10, Then the first thing you need to do is Uncheck Fast Startup. With Windows 10 Microsoft Add Fast Startup ( hybrid Shutdown shutdown ) Feature to Reduce startup time and make Windows start faster. But a number of users report by disabling Fast startup feature they fix most blue screen / Startup errors.
Check: Advantages And Disadvantages Of Windows 10 Fast Startup Feature
To Disable Fast Startup Feature
- open windows power option, From Control Panel
- Now on the left side Click on “Choose what the power buttons do”
- Click on “Change Settings that are Currently Unavailable” from the window that pops up.
- Now Scroll down and Uncheck Turn on Fast Startup Under Shutdown Settings.
- Reboot and see if you still get Bad_Pool_Header Blue screen on your Windows 10.
Undo Recent Changes
As Mentioned Above you can get Bad_Pool_Header Error screen because of recent changes on your PC. Uninstall any Recently Installed Software that you installed before you got this error. Most users report after install a new game, pirated applications like cracks, Activators they face different blue screen Error. We recommend To uninstall them from Control panel -> programs and features -> Select recently installed application and uninstall them. Now restart windows and check BSOD Error gone.
Check for Virus/Malware Infection
Also most of the times’ Virus / Malware infection Causes different problems (system resource lock, Freezes, High resource usage, Different BSOD errors Etc) on Windows computer. We strongly recommend download and Install the latest Antivirus / Anti-malware application, Perform full system scan. Also, install Third-party system optimizer like Ccleaner to clean unnecessary junk, Cache, System error files And fix Broken registry Errors. Then After Restart windows and check There is no more BSOD error on your Windows 10.
Make sure your system has latest updates
Make sure your Windows system is packed with the latest service packs and other updates. Necessary patches and service packs are regularly released by Microsoft for their operating systems to fix bugs and other types of issues. These updates and patches are also useful to solve the BSOD issue. Windows 10 is set to install updates automatically when a machine connected to the Microsoft server. But also you can check update manually from Settings -> Update & Security -> Check for updates.
Also Make sure that drivers of your hardware are updated:
Sometimes outdated or damaged system drivers can generate Blue Screens of Death error. This error is directly related to hardware or driver so updating system drivers could fix the cause of the STOP error.
Install the latest Device drivers
To check if the error is caused by a faulty drive, run an automatic driver update or manually update the drivers to the latest available versions. Install the latest drivers for any newly installed hardware device. If no new hardware has been installed, make sure you have the latest drivers for the below devices.
- Video card
- Network Adapter
- Any removable or external disk drive
To manually update a driver, follow these steps:
- Right click on the Windows 10 Start menu and select Device Manager.
- This will Display All Installed Device Driver list.
- Look For Any Driver with yellow tingle Right-click on it, select Update Driver Software.
- Then follow on screen instruction to install the latest driver version.
If you find any driver with yellow tingle simply visit the device manufacturer website, download the latest available driver for the same. Now on device manager right-click that problematic driver click uninstall. Restart windows and instill the latest driver you download from the manufacturer’s website.
Disable Microsoft’s Indexing Service
Also, Some Times Corrupted Indexing Service Cause Huge System Resource usage which Causes Different Blue Screen Errors. We recommend temporally disable Indexing service and check this helps to fix bad pool head BSOD Error.
To Disable Indexing Service,
- Press Win + R Then Type services.msc and hit the enter key.
- Here on Windows Services console scroll down and look for indexing service.
- Double click on it, Change the startup type Disable or manual and stop the service next to service status.
- click apply to make save changes, Close services window and Restart your PC, check if the blue screen is gone.
Check for corrupted System files
As discussed Before Corrupted system files cause Most Issues on Windows computers. We recommend checking corrupted / Missing system files with inbuilt system file checker (sfc utility). Which helps to scan and restore missing system files.
- To run System file checker open command prompt as administrator
- Type SFC / Scannow, Then hit enter key to execute the command.
This Will start scanning windows for corrupted / Missing important system files. If found any SFC utility will restore them from a special cache folder located on %WinDir%\System32\dllcache. You only have to wait until 100% complete the scanning process then after restart windows. Then after check BAD_POOL_HEADER blue Screen error solved.
Check Disk drive Errors
It is also possible that the bad pool header error could be related to bad hardware (e.g. bad memory or bad hard drive). Before assuming that either of these are bad, we suggest running a hard drive and RAM diagnostic test to check if either is bad.
- Open Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Then type chkdsk c: /f /r and press Enter.
Command Explained: Here command chkdsk is for check disk Drive for errors. /F Fixes errors on the disk, And /r Locates bad sectors and recovers readable information.
You may be asked to restart your PC. Then press Y and press Enter. when Pc restart this will scan your pc for Hard disk Errors and It will fix problems automatically. Now on Next Start check there is no more Blue Screen Error.
Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
If this problem started after a recent memory upgrade we recommend removing the new installed RAM and check. Or If you haven’t added any, that means your old RAM is corrupted. You should run a diagnostic test on your computer’s existing memory. This test will find memory failures and intermittent errors, which could be causing a BSOD error.
To Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
On Start Menu type “memory diagnostic”, and select Windows Memory Diagnostic app.
Now click on “Restart now and check for problems (recommended). Your PC will be restarted and check for your memory problems. It may take some time to complete the scanning process, wait until 100% complete the process Then after windows will restart windows. You can check the memory Diagnostic tool Test Results from here.
Perform System Restore
If all the above methods fail to fix bad pool header blue Screen Error for you. Then its time to utilize the Windows system restore feature, Which reverts back your system to the previous working state. Check how to perform System Restore on Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7.
Tips To Avoid bad pool header
You might get this error again even if you managed to fix this issue once. but there are few Precautions and Steps that you can take to avoid these errors again in the Future.
- Always Avoid Using Cracked/Nulled Software.
- Keep Your Computer’s Registry Clean and organized with optimize Tools.
- Install good latest Antivirus / Anti malware and Avoid More than one Anti-virus/Anti-Malware program if not needed.
- Always Keep your Device Drivers Up to Date.
- Enable and Create Restore Points regularly.
These are some best solutions to fix bad pool header Blue Screen of death error permanently. I hope After Apply These solutions your problem bad pool header BSOD Error will get fixed. Still, Have any query, suggestion feel free to comment below.
- Fix USB Device Not Recognized Error on Windows 10
- How To Fix if Windows 10 Stuck on Welcome Screen After login
- How to Fix APC_INDEX_MISMATCH BSOD in Windows 10/8.1 and 7
- 5 solutions to fix page fault in nonpaged area windows 10 boot loop
- How To Fix driver overran stack buffer windows 10 Blue Screen Error