Microsoft has released new security updates (patch Tuesday for June 2020) for Windows 10 Operating system. The Cumulative Update KB4557957 for the latest windows 10 version 2004 brings to build 19041.329. Also there is a new update KB4560960 for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909 brings the builds of the two versions of Windows 10 to 18362.900 and 18363.900 respectively.
Like previous Patch Tuesday releases, this Windows 10 update doesn’t contain any new features. Rather, the focus is on security, reliability improvements and fixes across the board.
Post Contents :-
Download Windows 10 KB4557957
Since Microsofts patch updates are mandatory updates, KB4557957 will download and install automatically on devices running the latest Windows 10 version 2004. Once installed, you will need to restart the system for the changes to take effect.
To install this update using Windows Update, follow steps below:
- Open Settings using windows key + I
- Click Update & Security then Windows Update.
- In the right-hand pane, click on the Check for updates button.
Well If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 version 2004 ISO click here.
As usual, the patch can be installed from the Update Catalog as well here Windows 10 KB4557957 Offline download links.
To install the update, simply run the downloaded MSU file and Windows will automatically install the cumulative update.
Windows 10 KB4557957 Changelog
The latest patch update KB4557957 for Windows 10 version 2004 comes with security improvements for Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, basic Windows 10 operations, Microsoft Office products, external devices such as game controllers.
- Address an issue that prevents from enabling voice commands in Windows Mixed Reality
- Address a bug that prevents users from updating .msi files in a network folder
- Includes security fixes for both Xbox app and the Microsoft Store
- Improved security of external input devices such as a mouse, keyboard or stylus.
- Improves the reliability of the keywords used for Cortana and other digital assistants.
- Improves the reliability of Cortana when you use the digital assistant on devices that support low-power keywords.
- Also there are updates for verifying usernames and passwords, storing and managing files
- Optimizes the touch experience and keeps the familiar desktop experience when you detach the keyboard.
You can read the complete changelog, listed Microsoft support site here.
Microsoft is not currently aware of any issues with this update. Few users report system freezes and Can’t shutdown/reboot the computer normally, have to shut down the computer by holding the power button.
If installing kb4557957 causing issues on your device you can uninstall the update to revert the changes.
Uninstall KB4557957 using Windows Update History tool
- Go to Windows Settings (Windows key + i) –> Update & Security –> Windows Update.
- From the right-hand pane, click on View Update History.
- Now click on Uninstall updates.
- Select Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4557957) and press the Uninstall button.
Uninstall KB4557957 using command-line
Another quick way to uninstall this update is by using the command prompt. Here are the commands:
- Open Command Prompt (Run –> cmd)
- Run the following command:
wmic qfe list brief /format:table
- This will show all the updates installed on the computer. Make sure KB4556799 is on the list.
- To uninstall the update, run the following command
wusa /uninstall /kb:KB4557957
The system needs to be restarted after uninstalling the update.
Windows 10 KB4560960
Also there is new update KB4560960 available for PCs with Windows 10 version 1909/1903 (November 2019 Update/May 2019 Update). Installing kb4560960 brings up Windows 10 Build 18363.900 and 18363.900 respectively and resolved security issues with Windows Store, Internet Explorer, and even classic Microsoft Edge.
Improved the security of apps and services that perform basic operations of Windows. Additionally, there are security enhancements for Microsoft Office products and external hardware including mouse, keyboard, game controllers, and web cameras.
Includes security fixes for both Xbox and Microsoft Store.
Resolves an issue preventing users from updating .msi files from a network folder.
Addresses a security issue described in CVE-2018-0886 by adding support for the “Encryption Oracle Remediation” policy setting and changing the default value from Vulnerable to Mitigated.
There is a known issue where devices with a wireless wide area network LTE modem may not connect to the internet, but Windows will still indicate that the PC has an active internet connection.
Read the complete changelog Microsoft support site here.
- Difference Between Windows 10 Feature Update and Cumulative Updates
- Windows 10 May 2020 update Version 2004 Troubleshooting Guide !!!
- How to Share Files and Printers Between Two Windows 10 Computers
- Windows 10 keeps shutting down and restarting automatically? Try these solutions
- Complete Review on Microsoft Windows 10 Operating system