Microsoft has released new security updates (patch Tuesday for November 2020) for Windows 10 Operating system. The Cumulative Update KB4586781 for the latest windows 10 version 20H2 and version 2004 brings to Build 19042.630 and Build 19041.630. Also, there is a new update KB4586786 for Windows 10 version 1903 and 1909 brings the builds of the two versions of Windows 10 to 18362.1198 and 18363.1198 respectively.
Like previous Patch Tuesday releases, this Windows 10 update KB4586781 doesn’t come with any new features. Rather, the focus is on security, reliability improvements and fixes across the board.
Download Windows 10 KB4586781
Since Microsofts patch updates are mandatory updates, KB4586781 will download and install automatically on devices running the latest Windows 10 version 20H2 and 2004. Once installed, you will need to restart the system for the changes to take effect.
To install this update using Windows Update, follow the steps below:
- Open Settings using windows key + I
- Click Update & Security then Windows Update.
- In the right-hand pane, click on the Check for updates button.
Well If you are looking for the latest Windows 10 version 20H2 ISO click here.
As usual, the patch can be installed from the Update Catalog as well here Windows 10 KB4586781 Offline download links.
For Windows 10 Version 20H2
For Windows 10 Version 2004
To install the update, simply run the downloaded MSU file and Windows will automatically install the cumulative update.
Windows 10 KB4586781 Changelog
The latest patch update KB4586781 for Windows 10 version 2004 and 20H2 comes with security improvements for input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen , using Microsoft Office products and when Windows performs basic operations
The latest Windows 10 cumulative update KB4586781 comes with security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Graphics Component, the Windows Wallet Service, Windows Fundamentals, and the Windows Kernel.
In addition, KB4586781 also includes updates to the 2020 DST start date for the Fiji Islands to December 20, 2020
You can read the complete changelog, listed Microsoft support site here.
System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 version 1809 or later to a newer version of Windows 10. This happens mainly when managed devices are updated using outdated bundles or media according to Microsoft. Devices that use Windows Update or Windows Update for Business are not impacted.
Microsoft suggests Go back to the previous version of Windows to fix the issue.
When using some apps, such as Microsoft Excel, users of the Microsoft Input Method Editor (IME) for Chinese and Japanese might receive an error, or the app might stop responding or close when attempting to drag using the mouse.
Uninstall Windows 10 KB4586781
If installing KB4586781 causing issues on your device you can uninstall the update to revert the changes.
Uninstall KB4586781 using the Windows Update History tool
- Go to Windows Settings (Windows key + i) –> Update & Security –> Windows Update.
- From the right-hand pane, click on View Update History.
- Now click on Uninstall updates.
- Select Update for Microsoft Windows (KB4586781) and press the Uninstall button.
Uninstall KB4586781 using command-line
Another quick way to uninstall this update is by using the command prompt. Here are the commands:
- Open Command Prompt (Run –> cmd)
- Run the following command:
wmic qfe list brief /format:table
- This will show all the updates installed on the computer. Make sure KB4556799 is on the list.
- To uninstall the update, run the following command
wusa /uninstall /kb:KB4586781
The system needs to be restarted after uninstalling the update.
Windows 10 KB4586786
Also, there is a new update KB4586786 available for PCs with Windows 10 version 1909/1903 (November 2019 Update/May 2019 Update). Installing KB4586786 brings up Windows 10 Build 18362.1198 and 18363.1198 respectively and resolved security issues when using input devices such as a mouse, keyboard, or pen.
Improved the security of apps and services that perform basic operations of Windows. Additionally, there are security enhancements for Microsoft Office products as well.
Installing the latest KB4586786 address a glitch with the package frame launcher (PSF) that passes a malformed parameter to a shim.
The latest update for windows 10 version 1909 also Corrects DST start date for Fiji Islands to December 20, 2020
Bring security updates to the Microsoft Scripting Engine, Windows Input and Composition, Microsoft Graphics Component, the Windows Wallet Service, Windows Fundamentals, and the Windows Kernel.
- System and user certificates may be lost when updating from Windows 10 version 1809 or later to a newer version of Windows 10. This happens mainly when managed devices are updated using outdated bundles or media according to Microsoft. Devices that use Windows Update or Windows Update for Business are not impacted. Microsoft suggests rollback to the previous version of Windows to fix the issue.
Read the complete changelog Microsoft support site here.
- Difference Between Windows 10 Feature Update and Cumulative Updates
- Windows 10 October 2020 update Version 20H2 Troubleshooting Guide !!!
- How to Share Files and Printers Between Two Windows 10 Computers
- Windows 10 keeps shutting down and restarting automatically? Try these solutions
- Complete Review on Microsoft Windows 10 Operating system